The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 07-14-2017, 11:28 PM   #1
Rubeus

Refurbished Wii U Effectively $175 As Nintendo Move Units

Click for full size

Quote:
Refurbish Wii U Effectively $175 As Nintendo Move Units

The Nintendo Switch is still all the rage this Summer, provided you can find one in stock. On the flip side, the new console from Nintendo has opened up an opportunity for potential buyers of ye old Wii U, as Nintendo looks to clear inventory of their older console.

Fresh Wii U deals have cropped up this week from Nintendo’s outlet store. Refurbished units of the 32GB Wii U Console with Nintendo Land are priced to $200 on Nintendo’s eBay store, with a bonus $25 eBay Gift Card as an extra incentive. This makes the console effectively $175. Given you can also pick up games such as Captain Toad Treasure Tracker or Wind Waker for $20 on the same Nintendo eBay store. As with before, these come with full 1-year factory warranty from Nintendo.

If you missed it on the Amazon Prime Day, you’re still not out of luck when it comes to a good PSVR deal. Earlier this week Amazon has the console with a free camera and 3 games for $399.99. While you won’t be able to get the 3 free games anymore, Dell Home has a comparable offer for the same $399.99, free PlayStation Camera ($60 value) and a bonus $30 gift card.

Code:
Game Title 	List 	% Off 	Sale Price
Wii U 32GB + Nintendo Land + $25 Gift Card (Refurb) 	$299.99 	33% 	$200
Wii U Legend of Zelda 32GB Console (Refurb) 	$229.99 	13% 	$199.99
Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker + amiibo (Wii U) 	$39.99 	50% 	$20
Star Fox Zero + Star Fox Guard (Wii U) 	$59.99 	50% 	$30
Moving along with hardware deals are Xbox One console discounts this week. Dell has arguably the best value on the table with the Battlefield 1 Xbox One S console going for $279.99 ($20 off) plus a bonus $100 Gift Card – effectively making this a $180 console. At GameStop, they are offering a unique bundle with an Xbox One S 500GB console for $270 + a free Red colored wireless controller. If you don’t mind going refurbished, on eBay Deals the 1TB Xbox One is only $220 with free shipping.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/13...do-move-units/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 06:35 AM   #2
Drunken Savior

I fucking hate ebay gift cards.

When ebay does a flash sale ($15 off a purchase of $75+, happens probably a half dozen times a year), they exclude gift cards as a payment option.

Seriously. Imagine if you walk into a store and tried using a gift card during a sale and they told you no.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:20 AM   #3
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Yeah I would hate that. I wonder if they warn you before buying the gift card that their could be restrictions on using it.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #4
Drunken Savior

I checked all over their terms and services, as well as their FAQ about it and I couldn't find anything. I've used ebay gift cards on some bonus bucks offers (10% bonus bucks on all purchases) and it was fine, but they specifically say you can't use ebay gift cards during flash sales ($15 off a $75+ purchase). And I'm usually trying to purchase games, mtg, or PC components then...not other gift cards or other forms of currency which is prohibited at all times.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote