Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-30-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
Rubeus

BioWare: "Something Is Happening With Dragon Age"

Remaster of the first Dragon Age?

Click for full size

Quote:
BioWare: "Something Is Happening With Dragon Age"

While it's yet to be announced, it looks like a follow-up to Dragon Age: Inquisition is on the way. Series creative director Mike Laidlaw said on The 1099 podcast this week that "something is happening with Dragon Age," which is likely a reference to the next game in the series.

While Laidlaw didn't get into specifics about the project, he confirmed that BioWare's Dragon Age team is currently "hiring a lot of people." This would suggest that development on the game--assuming it is a game--is ramping up, though there is no word yet on what stage of development is at.

"As I've jokingly said, I am the creative director for the Dragon Age franchise and they haven't fired me yet," he explained.

It's no surprise at all that BioWare would make a sequel to Inquisition. Inquisition, released in November 2014, enjoyed the "most successful launch in BioWare history" at the time. Whether or not that still holds following the release of Mass Effect: Andromeda is unknown, but given EA's general silence on its sales, it seems unlikely to have broken such a record.

Also during his appearance on The 1099 podcast, Laidlaw teased that BioWare is working on "other things" that he can't talk about. "There are other things in process but unfortunately I can't talk about them until they are realised. I am pretty excited about a few of them. Things continue apace," he said.

You can listen to the entire The 1099 podcast here: https://soundcloud.com/the1099/episo...-jade-empire-2

Inquisition won multiple Game of the Year awards. And while EA has not disclosed a sales number for the game, it apparently sold well enough to warrant a sequel.

What would you like to see from the next Dragon Age game?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/bi.../1100-6451245/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 08:26 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Remake of the first game please! Since everything that came after was worse...

I honestly have no faith in them. Inquisition was a sham. Such a boring game.

Also working on more things like that crappy online shooter. Can't wait! /rolleyes
Old 07-01-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I liked Inquisition however it dragged on for way too long. Actually, that's my major complaint for modern games: too much filler. Give me a solid 5-10 hour campaign of amazing stuff and I will be happy. Despite the hate it received, I thoroughly enjoy The Order for PS4.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:35 AM   #4
Adolf Alexander

BioWare

It's nothing unexpected at all that BioWare would make a spin-off of Inquisition. Probe, discharged in November 2014, delighted in the "best dispatch in BioWare history" at the time. Regardless of whether that still holds following the arrival of Mass Effect: Andromeda is obscure, yet given EA's general quiet on its business, it appears to be probably not going to have broken such a record. Write my Dissertation for me
Adolf Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:17 AM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin View Post
I liked Inquisition however it dragged on for way too long. Actually, that's my major complaint for modern games: too much filler. Give me a solid 5-10 hour campaign of amazing stuff and I will be happy. Despite the hate it received, I thoroughly enjoy The Order for PS4.
I loved the order and am wishing for a sequal. It was a really good game, i don't get the hate at all.

Though i do get that the devs saying stupid things like wanting the game to be 24fps for a cinematic feel was complete diarrhea of the mouth.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:07 AM   #6
wondergirl

Dragon Age II is a bit crappy because help with assignment writing (Maker of the game) was forced a deadline by EA Games (Publisher). Personally, there are parts of Dragon Age II that are better and worse then Dragon Age Origins.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:46 AM   #7
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
LOL! because of help with assignment writing! lololol I love these bots.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:38 AM   #8
Nem
Smash bro!

Yeah bot, but we are talking about inquisition. Get it together!

And btw even though i don't hate DA2, there is no part better than DA:O. Fuck you bot! (We can flame the bots, it's not breaking the rules). XD
Old 08-22-2017, 01:29 AM   #9
florencewillburn

Dragon age is a high fantasy role playing video game series. It is one of the interesting entertainment of children. This post clearly explain each age of dragon age video in detail.