The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 05-23-2017, 12:58 AM   #1
Rubeus

A reboot of the Resident Evil film franchise is planned because why the hell not

As long as Capcom keeps making RE games, the movies keep coming

Click for full size

Quote:
A reboot of the Resident Evil film franchise is planned because why the hell not

The Resident Evil film franchise wrapped up in January with its sixth film in roughly 15 years. The final film, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, represented a new low for the series' domestic gross, making just over $26 million in North America. Overseas it was actually the highest grossing film in the franchise, pulling in more than $285 million. Given that, it's probably not the biggest surprise there is already in the reboot in the works.

Variety reported this weekend German production company Constantin Film is planning to carry on with the franchise. It is not known if the reboot will tie into the original series or if this will be a fresh restart. At this point, it's too early to know anything about the project other than it is planned. There are no actors, directors or screenwriters being mentioned yet, however, if I may offer my suggestion, I would love to see [Rec] writer and director Jaume Balagueró get his hands on the franchise.

https://www.destructoid.com/a-reboot...t-437403.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 02:17 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I didn't mind the first one but after that........ oh god, I wanted to puke so badly from my dick.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:51 AM   #3
Drunken Savior

The films were fun throwaways. But I'd like them to actually try to make it a legitimate horror franchise and not all actiony.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:32 PM   #4
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

I want it to have more comedy like the Super Mario Bros movie with Dennis Hopper and Bob Hoskins

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote