The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 05-19-2017, 01:44 PM   #1
Rubeus

Destiny 2: PS4 Pro "Couldn't Run" Game at 60fps

Is this a hint the game will run 60fps on Xbox Scorpio?

Click for full size

Quote:
Destiny 2: PS4 Pro "Couldn't Run" Game at 60fps

"It wouldn't run - not enough horsepower there yet."

Destiny 2 will run at a 4K resolution on PS4 Pro, but will be locked to 30 frames per second because of CPU constraints.

Speaking to IGN, game director Luke Smith confirmed that, "it will not run at 60 on the Pro. I don't want people to continue to hope, we're going to be matter-of-fact about that stuff."

"The PS4 Pro is super-powerful, but it couldn't run our game at 60", he added. "Our game's this rich physics simulation, with collision and players, networking etc. It wouldn't run - not enough horsepower there yet."

Project lead Mark Noseworthy explained that while the GPU was powerful enough to render at 4K, it was the CPU that was to blame for the lower frame rate.

It remains to be seen if the comparatively more powerful Xbox Scorpio will manage a 4K/60fps output - Noseworthy confirmed that Bungie wouldn't be speaking about a Scorpio version at this time.

The PC version of the game will support 4K and feature an uncapped frame rate, but it may well be released later than console versions.

There's been a lot of Destiny 2 over the last day - here's everything we've learned so far in one place, including news, gameplay footage and hands-on impressions.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/05/1...-game-at-60fps
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
It's super powerful, but not enough...... lol

You know what they should do with consoles since now they are becoming more like PCs in terms of stuff inside it, why not offer the same thing that the PC ports have, which is to change the settings to be lower but get a better performance.

And just have it, the max setting gives what the game would normally get what they have planned for it, which would be 4k at 30fps.

But if you didn't want 4k and you're happy at 1080p res, then give 60 fps with it. Unless it can't even do that.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:27 PM   #3
Drunken Savior

Yeah, I don't get it. They already are making a PC version with all the graphical settings. I'm sure they could basically make a toned down version for consoles. Maybe they are worried some idiot will accidentally set everything to low and then go on the youtubes and make a video talking about how it looks like shit.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:45 AM   #4
Joe Redifer
Olé!

There's not enough horsepower there yet??? Will extra CPUs and GPUs be coming in a future software update or something?

Also is Destiny one of those always online games?
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

I doubt they have any sort of deal with MS given how they made sure to mention Sony's support for the project in their own event.

But i know wich platform can. The PC.