The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 04-13-2017, 10:56 PM   #1
Rubeus

NES Classic Edition discontinued in North America, last shipments in April

So should we expect to see SNES Classic Eiditon end of this year? That would be a lot more interesting

Quote:
NES Classic Edition discontinued in North America, last shipments in April

Nintendo is ending shipments of the NES Classic Edition, the company has confirmed.

In a statement to IGN, Nintendo writes that the final shipments will be sent out to territories across North America throughout the month. Then that’s it – no more shipments this year.

The full statement from Nintendo reads:

“Throughout April, NOA territories will receive the last shipments of Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition systems for this year. We encourage anyone interested in obtaining this system to check with retail outlets regarding availability. We understand that it has been difficult for many consumers to find a system, and for that we apologize. We have paid close attention to consumer feedback, and we greatly appreciate the incredible level of consumer interest and support for this product.”
Thanks to Jes T for the tip.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nes-cl...ents-in-april/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 01:39 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
People are pissed about this tho, cause a lot of people who wanted one couldn't get one.
I got one and even tho it does suck to actually play games on it cause of the small cord to the controller, I agree with them, scalpers ruined the chance of people getting one cause they kept making small shipments of them every month, making it easy for them to buy them all.

Amiibos for example, nobody wanted them, they suck shit, but once Nintendo said they are limited and won't make certain ones anymore, then the craze started cause of rabid collectors and greedy scalpers.

Personally, I rather have this than the NES classic.

a bundle for the switch of the 60 games on it on a cart that comes with a wireless NES controller. That would be a lot better.
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:46 AM   #3
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
a bundle for the switch of the 60 games on it on a cart that comes with a wireless NES controller. That would be a lot better.
This is a legit great idea, but they'll never do it because then they couldn't overcharge people for them on the e-shop.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:57 AM   #4
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
This is a legit great idea, but they'll never do it because then they couldn't overcharge people for them on the e-shop.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:33 AM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

What the hell is wrong with Nintendo? They have a product with high demand and they are discontinuing it? What the hell? What sort of idiots run that company? Sometimes i just don't know.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:45 PM   #6
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
What the hell is wrong with Nintendo? They have a product with high demand and they are discontinuing it? What the hell? What sort of idiots run that company? Sometimes i just don't know.
The sort of people that pretends to win a war against piracy and hacking.

Since the discovery of the ability to increase the library through hacking it increased the demand something that nintendo repulses because that would make their switch program of 1 free game monthly useless .

But speaking serioussly it sums on this: Nintendo's strong policy aginst piracy & hacking, higher demand after it is know that you can increase your lame limited 30 game console into 700, pride hurt.

And let's face it $60 for 30 nes games is not worth it even if nostalgic factor is too strong.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #7
Rubeus

Screw the Switch VC, so SNES Classic Mini is not going to happen?

Click for full size

Quote:
Nintendo shuts down Famicom Mini now too

Following the permanent discontinuation of the NES Classic in America, Nintendo has now decided to do the same in Japan. The only difference is, the company says it's "temporary," leaving them room to fall back on it should they need it.

Many speculate the reason for the end of the NES Classic and Famicom Mini is so that Nintendo can better sell Virtual Console titles on the Switch.

https://www.destructoid.com/nintendo...o-431291.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #8
bujeezus

Fuck Nintendo. I'm just gonna buy a Retro Freak system.
http://www.funstockretro.co.uk/retro...gaming-console