The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #1
Rubeus

Square Enix says it'll prioritize the Nintendo Switch over the Xbox Scorpio

Doubling down DLC is a terrible idea, discouraging me from buying those games.

Quote:
Square Enix says it'll prioritize the Nintendo Switch over the Xbox Scorpio

They also talk about doubling down on DLC

While publishers like Ubisoft are dragging their feet when it comes to the Switch (the only thing out and on the horizon are old ports), others are going in two feet first. One such company is Square Enix, who announced multiple games during the Switch's launch stream (new and old), and is poised to release the coveted Seiken Densetsu collection on the platform later this year.

When asked by Japanese outlet Nikkei whether or not they will consider keeping up the pace, all signs point to "yes." In addition to talking about how successful DLC has been for them (especially for Final Fantasy XV), they also interestingly note that Japan, China, and North America are 80% of the smartphone market (the Middle East and India are next on the docket), they're most interested in developing products for the Switch. When asked whether or not any new platforms, including the Scorpio or Windows 10 updates or Google's Tango system have priority, Square Enix responded with "Switch," and that they want work more with it in the future.

It's all good news for Nintendo, for sure. Even if some western organizations aren't sold yet, Japan is investing heavily in the Switch to help facilitate its success.

https://www.destructoid.com/square-e...o-429947.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 07:13 PM   #2
Drunken Savior

The cynic in me thinks Square specified Scorpio because it means that they can still prioritize Xbox One, in general, over the Switch.

I honestly don't think anything will change in regards to Nintendo consoles and 3rd party support. It'll be the same cycle where 3rd parties say they are excited to support Nintendo's newest console, then put 1-2 half-assed titles on it, then abandon it completely.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:59 AM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

From bad decisions in games to bad decisions in business.

What a joke. But guess if it works for activision and EA then they just want a chunk of that rip off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
The cynic in me thinks Square specified Scorpio because it means that they can still prioritize Xbox One, in general, over the Switch.

I honestly don't think anything will change in regards to Nintendo consoles and 3rd party support. It'll be the same cycle where 3rd parties say they are excited to support Nintendo's newest console, then put 1-2 half-assed titles on it, then abandon it completely.
What?

Don't tell me that 1-2 switch didn't convince you.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:13 AM   #4
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Considering there output on the 3DS if the Switch continues to sell well in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bravely appear on it or maybe even a remake of FFVI.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:30 AM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post

What?

Don't tell me that 1-2 switch didn't convince you.
It did me!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote