The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 03-18-2017, 01:44 AM   #1
Rubeus

Sega's Sonic Forces first Modern Sonic gameplay, screenshots

I wish it's Shining Force instead of Sonic Force.

Quote:
Sonic Forces first Modern Sonic gameplay, screenshots -- 30 seconds of the holiday-due Sonic game.

Sega has released the first direct-feed gameplay footage and screenshots of Sonic Forces following its reveal at SXSW 2017 yesterday.

The 30-second gameplay shows Modern Sonic blast through a city under siege by the Death Egg Robot sentinels.

The name comes from the game’s key element of “forces,” according to Sonic Team studio head Takashi Iizuka. Both the forces of good and the forces of evil will be fighting. On one side there is Sonic and his friends, and on the other there is Dr. Eggman and his evil army.

Iizuka describes Sonic Forces as “an evolution of Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations,” made by the same team. It also includes new concepts yet to be revealed. There are three unique gameplay styles, including modern and classic Sonic gameplay styles, and a third style to be revealed “in the coming months.” The high-speed gameplay that has become a staple of modern Sonic the Hedgehog gameplay is present, but there will equally be a lot of platforming, as well as branching paths and exploration. Red Star Rings will also return.

The game runs on a brand new engine called the “Hedgehog Engine 2,” which takes the features of the previous engine and goes a step further with global illumination, physical rendering of objects, and other new mechanics and enhancements, including better water and item reflections.

Sonic Forces is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC this holiday.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/sonic-for...ay-screenshots
Click for full size

Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 05:13 AM   #2
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Graphics look great, but it's the same old shit 3D Sonic gameplay. Played one you've played them all. They can't really do anything interesting with 3D Sonic and that's why people are looking forward to Sonic Mania because it's 2D and stuff. I'll get that one if they produce a physical copy. I won't get Sonic Forces though because I've played it dozens of times during the last 15 years.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote