The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 03-07-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
Rubeus

The First Nintendo Switch Sales Numbers For Japan

It's estimated 600k - 700k in North America I think.

Quote:
The First Nintendo Switch Sales Numbers For Japan

The Nintendo Switch has sold an estimated 330,637 units in its first three days on sale in Japan.

That’s according to Famitsu, which adds that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sold an estimated 190,060 copies in the country. That figure is retail only and does not include downloads.

These early figures are from March 3 to March 5, the Switch’s launch week and first three days on sale. (Expect Nintendo to release sales data of its own in the future.)

To put these hardware numbers into context, the Nintendo Wii U sold an estimated 308,570 units in its first two days on sale, with the Wii U’s launch week being from December 8 to December 9, 2012. The Wii, however, sold around 371,936 units in its first two days on sale back on December 2, 2006 during its debut launch week.

Both those earlier consoles went on sale in December, and the Switch put those numbers on the board, absent of any major holidays.

http://kotaku.com/the-first-nintendo...pan-1793032877
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #2
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Just picked up mine from Craigslist

Old 03-07-2017, 09:34 PM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

It looks more portable than the original.

I'm completely on board with this model.

Last edited by Hagane; 03-07-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:31 AM   #4
Rubeus

This is totally fine if you just want Zelda.

Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:41 PM   #5
bujeezus

From what I've read the Wii U can be a real pig in the villages and some fights. Maybe Nintendo is working on a patch? I didn't think the Switch was that much more improved graphics wise over the Wii U. Kinda like the Wii and the Gamecube.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #6
Drunken Savior

Yeah, I do see some places drop in the 20fps range, and I'm running the Wii U version. But the vast majority of the fights I don't see any slowdown except from when particle effects (i.e. bursts of lights from major lethal hits) occur...and that's kind of common place for all the 3D Zelda games at this point.

But digital foundry has done an analysis of the games and found that BOTH versions perform poorly at different aspects. So weird. Probably because it was designed for Wii U APUs and had to be ported to Switch APUs mid-development.

More in depth analysis regarding performance:

For such a beautiful and fun game, it's sad that it's got some performance issues. Granted, it's not a big deal when you're just exploring and you get some dips.

The inevitable Switch 2 Remastered edition can't come sooner!

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:27 AM   #7
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Very weird indeed. Nintendo is normally excellent in making their games run and look great at the same time.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:09 AM   #8
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
Very weird indeed. Nintendo is normally excellent in making their games run and look great at the same time.
sometimes, skyward sword had a bug that would basically delete your save file if you did something to cause it to happen.

Pretty sure there have been more games that had problems with them from Nintendo. Just can't think of any at the moment. The more complicated they get and in size, the more problems will arise.

Hell, even games back in the retro days had tons of bugs and graphical errors. I never knew how badly coded Total Recall for the NES was till I saw a video on it.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote