The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 01-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
Rubeus

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Switch vs. Wii U comparison video

Does that mean Wii U and Switch have the same power?

Quote:
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Switch vs. Wii U comparison video

First footage comparing the Wii U and Switch versions of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has surfaced online.

It should be noted that, in the case of the first video at least (and we believe the case of the second), the Wii U footage being compared is from the game’s E3 2016 build.

Speaking with IGN, the content, game controls, and frame rate are the same across both platforms, but the Switch version has faster loading times because, as noted by producer Eiji Aonuma, it is easier to pull data from a cartridge than from a disc.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is due out for Switch and Wii U on March 3.

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/legend-ze...mparison-video
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 06:41 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I'm still getting the wii u version, but not to play.

I did the same with Twilight Princess for Gamecube, still not open! YAHH! Damn, my collecting hoarding ways.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:59 PM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

It's a Wii U 1.5, yeah. Better lighting, probably slightly better performance, but it's still less than an Xbox One. Won't be running multi-plats.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:36 AM   #4
Joe Redifer
Olι!

It's a Gamecube v4.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:15 AM   #5
Ernst

I had a fantastic time with the Wii U, even although it failed. So I'm excited for th Switch regardless of its performance issues. Nintendo consoles are always second consoles anwyway.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #6
Rubeus

Switch cannot do 1080p in TV mode? It sounds a lot like the Xbox One in the early days.

Quote:
..... We asked Aonuma if the Switch version would gain any other performance improvements on Nintendo’s new console, and he noted the the Switch would have faster loading times because it’s much easier to pull data from a game card than from a disc. This means players won’t have to wait long to play when they start up Breath of the Wild on Switch.

“When I said earlier that the gameplay and game experience is the same, I meant the framerate is the same as well,” Aonuma said.

“The world in Breath of the Wild is all seamless,” Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto added. “There’s a lot of processing when [the game] needs to recreate the landscape, so that’s a little bit of challenge. But while you’re playing it there’s no difference whatsoever between the two.”

Aonuma’s comment does not clarify a report by an attendee at the Switch showcase in Japan, who said he was told by Nintendo representatives that Breath of the Wild outputs at 900p in TV mode and 720p in Portable mode.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild releases on March 3, the same day as release of Nintendo Switch in the US.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/...witch-is-1080p
Old 01-16-2017, 06:06 PM   #7
Drunken Savior

If that's true, it's really disappointing. One of the nicest things about the Wii U is that Nintendo put games running at 1080p 60fps as a high priority and it really made their games a blast to play.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #8
Joe Redifer
Olι!

Can the Wii U even render natively at 1080p? I thought it was basically a PS3.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:40 PM   #9
Ernst

A Gamespot article says Mario Kart 2-player will run 1080p/60FPS, I'm sure.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:04 AM   #10
Rubeus

That mandatory install on Wii U is forcing almost everyone to get the Switch version instead. It sounds like Nintendo purposely worsen the sound quality of the Wii U version.

Quote:
This is presumably a comprehensive list, as it bothers to note the obvious fact that some icons and on-screen buttons may be different between the two versions.

Of course, how well each version maintains its framerate is one area that could still be a point of differentiation, but that isn't something we'll know for sure until we have the final code for each in our hands. You can see our impressions of the Switch version Nintendo demoed last week in the video above.
  • Both launch on the same day, March 3.
  • Both have a frame rate of 30 FPS.
  • Both versions of the game offer the same content.
  • On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.
  • The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game's open-air feel.
  • The physical copy of the Wii U version will require 3 GB of available memory on the Wii U system or an external drive.
  • Some icons, such as on-screen buttons, differ between the two versions.
  • A Special Edition and Master Edition of the Wii U version are not available.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/swi.../1100-6447008/