The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 09-21-2017, 03:12 AM   #61
Drunken Savior

So amazed at how good this DLC is, it's a callback to when we actually used to differentiate between DLC and expansion packs. It improves performance, adds a ton of cool new missions, new solider types, new enemies, new weapons and armor, new bosses...I could go on and on. It's amazing and if you ever plan on getting XCom2, this is a must buy for it. Some would say you should play the base game first and then add War of the Chosen but I disagree...just jump full in, it teaches you all the original and new aspects pretty well.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:58 AM   #62
bujeezus

Finally beat Sine Mora on the 360. I hated the timed aspect but overall, I did enjoy it. Beautiful shmup.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #63
bujeezus

So disappointed that it's over. Clocked in just under 20 hrs. Didn't find everything so that's next on the list. Such a great game. Really getting into Battle Chasers now. Can't really put my finger on why I like it so much.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:08 PM   #64
Nem
Smash bro!

Ok, so i bear Danganrompa V3.

It was good.

Also can say i beat GW2: Path of fire (and Heart of thorns earlier this year).

It was alright. GW2 is a weird MMO because it doesn't keep to established conventions (though it does feel alot like the original GW1 in that design, aside from the combat).
It was a lump of fresh air, but it is also easy to leave the game. It's a two edges sword.

GW1 was better, but i guess this is ok.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #65
bujeezus

I completed 1 play through of Stories. It was alot better than I expected. Not sure how many different endings there are, but I wouldn't mind playing back through it a couple more times.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #66
Drunken Savior

It was cromulent.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 11-14-2017, 07:21 AM   #67
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I have to say I did enjoy EW2 more then the original. While the game wasn't scary at all I did enjoy exploring the town areas finding out about what happened and coming across random events.

The town parts reminded me of Silent Hill with a less chunky battle system and was quite challenging if you wanted to stealth as much as possible. Which was needed on the higher difficulties.

I'm also glad they did away from the forced repeated boss battles that SM likes putting in his games. They got really annoying in EW1.

The one thing the game did lack though was a strong bad guy to you could focus on. Stefano was interesting but he was gone by the half way point and then the priest dude and your wife didn't really have the same pull to me

I did like the ending though as it seems like there won't be an EW3, Seb pretty much got a decent ending, even if they did make a EW3 bringing him back would seem pretty forced now.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:41 AM   #68
Nem
Smash bro!

Well... im ok if EW2 is not as scary as EW1, cause that game was fecking scary in an unconfortable way.

Anyways... i beat the juggernaut known as Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U.

By beat, i mean i finished the main story chapters cause this game can be played for hundreads of hours. Even though i liked the world and wish the story wasn't so compacted, i don't care enough about the characters to delve in long lasting grinds.
The game also has a good ending... until they decided to throw that away in the post credits scene where it goes into WTF mode.

So, i'm hoping we will get a Xeno X sequal, wich may be likely and i'm ok with. I honestly prefer this sci-fi setting for it with mechs.

Speaking of wich, this game still looks beautiful and is a technical marvel. Getting your mech is a huge moment comparable to getting your first mount in an mmo, and getting the flight module is pretty much the same. I think this game could be described as an offline mmo. It's an open world game with ridiculous ammounts of content and often complex systems. This game can easily overwhelm, as it can feel incredibly rewarding if you delve into it.

Anyways, yeah... i'm fine with more of this. I never got the complaits about the art style, but it actually had a reason as far as the eyes were concerned. One thing i already see in Xeno 2 is that characters are way more expressive, and that is something this game needed.

Oh... it also had all sorts of winks to previous series (blade/saga/gears).
Old 12-01-2017, 02:06 AM   #69
Drunken Savior

Went through this game again at Blood and Broken Bones difficulty (just under Death March), and did both expansions (Hearth of Stone -and- Blood and Wine) and completed all the "?" marks and quests. Feels good, but man...I forgot how infuriating the combat can be at times.

The two expansions have a better story than the actual game's plot.

Mods helped though, made it so I didn't have to spend so much time picking up items. Also removed fall damage half way though, because the few times you have to platform in this game suck ass.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 12-04-2017, 05:54 AM   #70
alexanderjordan

Hitman Absolution,Max payne 3,Syndicate i have finished these games in 2017. neymaar10
alexanderjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:25 PM   #71
Drunken Savior

Cleaning out the backlog! Finally finished the GTA5 main campaign. Game runs so so nice on my PC with the new processor! Constantly got 50-70 fps on max settings at 1440p with massive density. Felt like a real city...though not LA, because fuck LA traffic. Can't wait to beat RDR2 in 2021! I should have a new GPU by then for it.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 12-04-2017, 09:40 PM   #72
Drunken Savior

...the credits are still rolling....jesus....how many people worked on this game? Good thing it sold over 5 million copies.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 12-04-2017, 10:01 PM   #73
Drunken Savior

They are still going....

[Edit, 6:05pm] It's over!

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 12-06-2017, 02:30 AM   #74
Drunken Savior

Actually really liked it. I think I just love the Uncharted series, in general...it really feels like the spiritual successor to the way you used to be wowed by adventure films like Indiana Jones. There really isn't much out there today that scratches that itch.

Also, WOOO....10 games this year! Feels like I haven't done that in awhile. Really cleaning out that backlog.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 12-12-2017, 11:00 PM   #75
Nem
Smash bro!

Bayonetta 2 on Wii U.

It was kind of short and with allot of hiccups on the action (everytime a new enemy shows, everytime you clear an area also. It can get annoying and ruins the pacing), but sweet.
It seemed to have more boss encounters than regular enemy encounters wich could get overwhelming, but the game ends at just about the right time before it gets too overbearing.

With that said, i do't feel very invested in the series. It puts a smile on my mouth and it's sweet to play, but DmC and Devil may cry just (and god of war) scratch this action itch a bit better for me.

Still, awesome game. Though i'm not sure i'm interested in Bayo 3.

Now i only got tokyo mirage sessions and a couple of zeldas and i'll be done with the wii u!