The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-08-2017, 06:29 AM   #46
Princess Dai

Looks like i am quite behind but i enjoyed the Spider-Man game. It looks great, I’m loving the new suit and how it focuses on a more mature Peter.
Princess Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:52 AM   #47
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

Caught up with the main story scenarios for FFXIV: Heavensward.

Now waiting for Stormblood to play the Samurai. Red Mage looks OP in comparison, can't wait.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:18 AM   #48
Drunken Savior

First Persona game. Really liked it, but I felt like it kinda dragged on a little too long at the end. Combat was fun, actually liked the voice acting (dub), but felt like the story was a little lacking in some spots near the end. Kind of wish it was shorter, because I'd like to play it again..but no way I can replay a 100+ hour RPG when there are so many other games I wanna focus on.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:23 PM   #49
bujeezus

Finally beat the main quest line on The Witcher 3. I'd been stuck on a part maybe 10 minutes before the credits roll and had put it down out of frustration months ago! Lol!
Old 06-26-2017, 03:32 PM   #50
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post

First Persona game. Really liked it, but I felt like it kinda dragged on a little too long at the end. Combat was fun, actually liked the voice acting (dub), but felt like the story was a little lacking in some spots near the end. Kind of wish it was shorter, because I'd like to play it again..but no way I can replay a 100+ hour RPG when there are so many other games I wanna focus on.
yah I'm the same with long RPGs, people complain if they make them too short tho, but I think around the 40 hour mark is great for a RPG or any game for that matter, why does every game have to be over 100 hourssssssssss! WHYYYYYYYYY! Half the time the extra stuff you do in the game is pointless things, like in Spider-man game...... grab balloons........ GRAHHHHHHHHHHH! *flips table*

But, I finally beat all the endings to Has Been Heroes. Ugh, that last ghoul fight was extremely hard. I had to redo it so many times, something always just seemed to kill me in one hit!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:47 AM   #51
joannsmith

Hey, Thanks for sharing such nice information.
joannsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #52
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Feel the same way DS. I had to look at a FAQ to see how close I am to the end and I just rolled my eyes. I am on 10/5 right now doing a palace. I adore the game, but there are too many filler spots and it just drags at times. I had to stop playing it for 2 weeks and when I did it was for like 10 minutes at a time because it was getting way repetitive. Spider is right, 40 hours is the sweet spot for RPGs. I hear to platinum this game takes about 250 hours. Which is absolutely bonkers and a waste of life.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #53
bujeezus

Beat Rise and Shine.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:33 AM   #54
William_VRiley

It was wonderful in a persona way, yet it was dragging a bit towards the end. They likewise appear to have cut one part and sold it as a sound show, which was irritating.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:56 AM   #55
Nem
Smash bro!

To be fair, persona is only a 100 hour game if you choose to try and do everything.

If you want to coast through, you can probably beat it in 40-60 hours. But you'd be missing alot.

I don't mind them beeing 100 hours when they are good like persona. When they are repetitive boring tasks like what most ubi soft open worlds do these days /pass that sh*t.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:22 PM   #56
Nem
Smash bro!

Beat The Technomancer (ps4).

I was disappointed. It was a mediocre game and imo a step back from Bound by flame.

It was inferior especially in the music department and the quest design. The game has tons of side quests that make you traverse the same envyronments countless times and traveling is done by foot forcing you to go everywhere manally and fight the same respawned enemies everytime.

The game ran at 30 fps while bound was 60fps on ps4.

I had especial gripe with the map that made the travelling worse (the mini map rotated with your camera but the main map didn't. It was hell to get around.).

The companions were unremarkable except for the mutant.The story was unremarkable. They increased the length of the game by forcing this awful traveling and back and forth, resulting in more boredom vs the short but sweet that bound by flame had.

All in all this made me wary of the studio. Definitly no longer in my good graces.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #57
Nem
Smash bro!

I beat The Evil Within on PS4.

This game is a mix of love and hate. Love because it looks and does amazing things. Hate because its way too scary!

I had issue with the story that was waaay too open ended and some bosses that had 1 shot attacks. But, the lighting, the way the world deforms in real time make it a technical marvel. And to think they did this with 360/ps3 limitations.

The sequal is set to be even more amazing given the removal of those limitations. I'm just dreading playing it because it takes you for a hair standing trip.

TEW makes RE look like childs play. Though i find respite in playing Resident evil (not 7), because it isn't as extreme in scaring you. Just some jump scares. Makes it for a less stressful play experience. I was playing TEW and wishing it was over at the 3rd chapter. It's awesome, but i don't want to play it. But because it's awesome, i still do.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:53 AM   #58
Nem
Smash bro!

Sonic mania on ps4!

Very good game, best Sonic since S3&K.

Minor gripes though. Some of the special stages and bonus stages are tough as nails. I missed the old bonus stages that helped you with lives, rings and shields.
Had also some minor gripes with the classic stage selection. Oil ocean was an odd choice, as was metallic madness, especially given they didn't even use the good future versions. Mystic cave and Hill top would've been better choices instead of oil ocean. The whole game was missing the usual ammount of green stages and felt very dark. 2 mettalic stages for the last 2 stages simply felt like pilling on. Quartz quadrant would've been a much better choice to add variety. Also, /sad at no Ice cap. Hidrocity was win though!
Old 08-16-2017, 03:32 PM   #59
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
yah, those bonus stages are hard as hell, I lost track of where things were a couple of times on the coin stages, first time I did it, didn't realize that I couldn't get everything in it and there were rings left! NOOO!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:22 PM   #60
Nem
Smash bro!

I beat RE: Revelations 2

It was alright. I think i enjoyed the original a bit more, but this sub-series is hurting from the low budget. It could be much better.