The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 03-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #31
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujeezus View Post
Fear, yes the original. Been playing it on and off for years. Hell, it's been through 3 girlfriends. Ha! Loved the ending.
It's true, I've been watching his Steam status!

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #32
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

March:

Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:24 AM   #33
Nem
Smash bro!

Beyond 2 souls on ps4.

I hadn't played a quantum dream game since omikron. This developer... i don't think they are very good. This game is just like a telltale game, but full price (i did get it for 10€ though). The controls are just as bad. I don't think this developer can do controls or anything but cut-scenes for that matter. The story itself is quite messy. It had it's moments, but i resume this game to "Eh...".

It's just something that would make a cool movie/s, but it's anemic as a game.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:40 PM   #34
bujeezus

Fear 2! I enjoyed it, not as much as Fear though. Gonna try and play through F3AR but I've read it's terrible (got all 3 in a bundle years ago). Different developer, Day 1 and not Monolith so I'm concerned. I also read it was too "CoD-fied". Heh.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:30 PM   #35
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Fear 3 is definitely more action and less horror but at the same time it is a nice ending to the series at least story wise. So while I enjoyed it the least out of the series, I'm glad they made it.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:10 PM   #36
bujeezus

I'm enjoying it so far. It's not making me want to play it non-stop like the 2nd one, but fun none the less. I've only been playing Point Man so far. Gonna have to give Harlan or whatever his name is a go.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:49 AM   #37
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Fettel. He does go rather crazy and has more of a horror flare to him. Since he has been to the darkside.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:14 PM   #38
bujeezus

Where in the hell did I get "Harlan" from?
Old 04-30-2017, 01:07 AM   #39
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Finished Bloodborne (Sick bastards!) and Nioh, finally a game for wich I can remember the actual team ninja. Hope they can produce a sequel.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:22 AM   #40
Nem
Smash bro!

I beat Professor Layton vs Ace attourney: Phoenix wright on the 3DS.

It's a bit of a rare game i finally managed to get a few weeks ago.

I think it was alright. It satisfied me as a game from layton (wich im not a huge fan of but have beat a couple) and a game from the AA series(wich i'm a big fan of).
Old 05-13-2017, 01:40 AM   #41
joepitt

I have beaten Portal 2. Yeah, I know that now is 2017, and there's a lot of fresh stuff but my friend recommended me that. And probably it could be weird, but I've never tried the story mod of Half-Life, but I think I will.
At the college often no time for writing, especially for boring tasks like review or an essay, and it seems easier to let the writers at this website make it better, than pushing yourself to find motivation for paper work
joepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:20 AM   #42
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujeezus View Post
Where in the hell did I get "Harlan" from?
It's been along time since I've played Fear 3 but I think Harlan is Alma's father and the lead scientist of the whole experiment in the first place.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:30 AM   #43
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Finished Uncharted 4.

It was... ...a nice conclusion to the story. Still a couple of months away for the next thing hopefully it won't dissapoint.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:00 AM   #44
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

April:

Mass Effect was decent and I never had any major problems outside of a couple of side missions glitching but that's pretty normal for a game this size. The biggest problem for me was the characters I liked quite a few in the original trilogy but even by the halfway put I didn't really care about any of the characters or their plights. There isn't really interesting one among them. That made making my way through the game a bit of a chore. Especially towards the end where the majority of the enemies were the remnants which are a pain in the ass to fight. Don't think I'd be interested in anymore with these characters and it seems the series has been put on hold now.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:22 AM   #45
Nem
Smash bro!

Beat Star ocean 5 on the PS4.

I really enjoyed SO4 despite it's shortcomings. But, it had a great combat system and even though the story was predictable it still delivered and had a suitable build up. The characters were varied aswell.

SO5 manages to even lose the good things SO4 had. The story and characters feel shallow. There is no suitable build up. The combat while serviceable, it only opens up about 10 hours in, wich is pretty much half way. All the cool new abilities are crammed in the later portions of the game.

Like the final dungeon on SO4 was infamous. SO5 does not have that issue. It's very acessable, it has alot of systems hidden underneath wich are good. But the game doesn't take you on a journey across multiple planets and timelines like SO4, 3 and 2. It's contained on this one planet wich is basically 6 fields and some dungeons and cities. It looks good, it's not a bad game, but it's not great either. It just never gets to a level where you care about what's happening.

It had potencial though... the tech was there. Combat transitions were seamless and the game was quickly paced. There were few cut-scenes but before you think that was good, they didn't let you move along when a story event was going on... so you have to stand there just listening to the voices without any cut-scene to watch. The character development only happened in towns if you wished to go for them. Those things should have been in the main story. But even with those deaths didn't hit me in the slightest.

Not bad, but extremely shallow is the best way to describe it.