Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 12-14-2016, 01:44 AM   #1
Rubeus

Ubisoft's For Honor Requires Always Online Internet Connection

That's annoying.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Quote:

Ubisoft's upcoming hack-and-slash game For Honor will need to be connected to the internet "at all times."

The publisher's community representative UbiJurassic initially confirmed the news in a forum post, stating, "We can confirm that For Honor is an always online experience. Some elements of progression, which is hosted online, are shared across story and multiplayer modes. Players will need to be connected to the internet at all times to play For Honor."

GameSpot has since received confirmation from Ubisoft that For Honor will indeed require an internet connection.

For Honor was first revealed during publisher Ubisoft's E3 2015 presentation, and has been in development in some capacity for more than a decade. The game's director recently said that For Honor can be enjoyed solely as a single-player experience. Around the same time, Ubisoft confirmed it had cut the game's split-screen multiplayer mode from the final release.

For Honor is due to launch on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on February 14, 2017. GameSpot got the chance to try out the upcoming action game back in August, and we thought it looked "incredibly promising." For more, check out our full For Honor preview.

How do you feel about the game requiring an always online internet connection? Let us know in the comments.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/for.../1100-6446205/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 05:37 AM   #2
Makarachi23

That is kind of annoying, however in the past few months I haven't really had a problem with my internet connection. I hope it stays that way
Makarachi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:24 AM   #3
Drunken Savior

Sucks, but if they are trying to make single player affect multiplayer through progression, they DO need some way of keeping people honest. Otherwise, I would expect people to start altering their save files offline and then Ubi has no way to really tell if someone legitimately earned these benefits while they were offline or not.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:48 AM   #4
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

It doesn't really bother me. Though I'm more worried about UBI Soft's servers then my internet connection.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote