The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 10-24-2016, 05:14 PM   #1
Ernst

Opinions of this 4K TV?

You guys are much better with this techie stuff than me, but I've decided to buy a 4K TV, and from reviews and stuff, I'm getting the sense that this is the one.

What so you guys think? And if not this one, any recommendations?

http://www.thtdirect.co.uk/UE55KS700...FWYo0wodDdcM2Q
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 02:50 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
looks good, I personally love the newer TVs, I really want one, but I'm too cheap to get one.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...25b60d85f6en02

This is the one I want, who wants to loan me 3000 dollars that you won't get back? Deal of a life time! Making me happy!

They had this one set up in the store with the PS4 hooked up to it, oh god.... it makes the TV I use for games now look like a steaming pile of shit. But then I bought that TV 10 years ago. Still good for what I want it for.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:24 AM   #3
Ernst

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
looks good, I personally love the newer TVs, I really want one, but I'm too cheap to get one.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...25b60d85f6en02

This is the one I want, who wants to loan me 3000 dollars that you won't get back? Deal of a life time! Making me happy!

They had this one set up in the store with the PS4 hooked up to it, oh god.... it makes the TV I use for games now look like a steaming pile of shit. But then I bought that TV 10 years ago. Still good for what I want it for.
Yes! Of all the available TVs, that is the one I would buy. Just a liiittle too steep, though.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:17 AM   #4
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I'm trying to get my family to split on the price and get it for me for Christmas. lol

They probably won't , but a man can dream!

Hopefully by next year in November it will go down a lot in price by at least 1000 dollars and then have a sale of at least another 500 off during black Friday sales, around 2000 dollars is the highest I will spend on a TV, then I would buy it.
I'm patient so I don't mind the wait.

Plus I make my TVs last, if the screen isn't wrecked and it still shows the right colors, I'm golden with it.

we had one TV for over 25 years before we got rid of it lol It even had buttons that fell off of it, I had to use a mighty max figure to press the button inside the TV with it lol Only thing I could find at the time that could easily press it.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:59 AM   #5
Drunken Savior

Wish I knew more about pricing of TVs and how good of a deal that is. But that TV looks good. And I've had my old (2011) TV from Samsung serviced by Samsung under warranty. They sent someone to my house who swapped out the actual screen (not the entire unit). I was quite impressed with their service and handling of the situation.

So yeah, looks like a good TV. The only thing I can really say is that I heard Samsung is expecting their Quantum Dot tech to be the 'new hotness' in a few years, being even better than OLED tech. But honestly, that kind of stuff won't be affordable for 3-5 years anyways.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:21 PM   #6
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Looks like a decent TV but I have never been a huge fan of Samsung. The quality always seems a bit lower than, say, Panasonic. I can't get the cheapness of the Samsung brand out of my head.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:51 PM   #7
Drunken Savior

So are curved TVs dead? I see less and less of them. Good riddance.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:34 PM   #8
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post

So yeah, looks like a good TV. The only thing I can really say is that I heard Samsung is expecting their Quantum Dot tech to be the 'new hotness' in a few years, being even better than OLED tech. But honestly, that kind of stuff won't be affordable for 3-5 years anyways.
affordable and probably better quality too has they enhanced the tech and make it better.

I remember the first Sony OLED TV, the blue pixels on it died in 7 years, but they made those better now and that TV was over 21,000 dollars for a 19 inch.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:13 PM   #9
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
So are curved TVs dead? I see less and less of them. Good riddance.
Curved screens are going away and 3D TVs are all but gone. 4K will be the new norm. VR will also eventually fade out (not that that has anything to do with TVs).
Old 10-29-2016, 05:28 PM   #10
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

There's a $1200 Vizio series M 70inch 4k I am eyeballing. I really want it.....but not that knowledgeable in TVs to know if it is a good deal. My inlaws have Vizio and it is a great TV so I may jump at it. I've had a Sony 55inch 1080p for 8 years and I paid way too much for just a name.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:24 PM   #11
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin View Post
There's a $1200 Vizio series M 70inch 4k I am eyeballing. I really want it.....but not that knowledgeable in TVs to know if it is a good deal. My inlaws have Vizio and it is a great TV so I may jump at it. I've had a Sony 55inch 1080p for 8 years and I paid way too much for just a name.
I find that if you don't know what to look for in a TV, just find out if people like that one and read their comments about it, I usually find that the techy people who really pay attention to this stuff are usually right, but they normally mark down their reviews of a TV for not being up to their standard.

and personally, I hate Sony's TVs, I think they have horrible quality in the screen, my brother bought a 52 inch high end sony TV about 5 years ago and it had so many pixel artifacts on the screen that it was really distracting. He paid over 3000 dollars for it cause they THINK they like sony as a brand, but really its just cause that's all they know.

I bought at the same time, a LG 42 inch LCD tv for 400 dollars and my TV looked 20 times better than his. Still works to this day and I love it, great TV.

But that LG OLED TV I have the link to up there, oh god, that TV looks fucking fantastic its like I was blind before and I was seeing for the first time in my life. The first TV that actually made me go wow.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:17 AM   #12
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I have a little LG TV/monitor (actually labeled as a computer monitor because TVs that size only go to 720p and I needed 1080p). It was just under $100 or so. The quality is not very good AT ALL. It brightens and dims automatically depending on what's on the screen and I cannot turn that "feature" off. The menu system is also really tough to navigate and sucks all around. Thankfully I only need it for framing purposes so we can see how we're framed, etc. And for some reason it has overscan. WTF?
Old 12-12-2016, 03:54 AM   #13
BattalionBarry

Personally, I'm gonna wait. Prices will come down and the leap from HD to 4K is nowhere noticeable as the leap to HD. Not worth the thousands they cost at the moment IMO.
BattalionBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #14
spider-prime

You can get 4K TVs pretty cheap, my bestbuy has them for a 55 inch for 499.99. It's just if you want higher end specs and features of your TV they will go into the thousands.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:57 AM   #15
Rubeus

If you want a 4K TV that works for PS4 PRO and Scorpio, you should get one that supports HDR10 format.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote