The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 02-19-2003, 01:20 PM   #1
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Thumbs up Who else has Master Quest?

I didn't get a chance to pick it up yesterday and the day before that because there was a blizzard and all the stores were closed.

By the way, I pre-ordered it at Sam Goody. The EB near where I reside didn't take any orders a week ago because they received too much already. Sam Goody charge $15 just to reserved. The Gamestop close to where I work only charge $5, but they won't let people have it until March 25th, so I said the hell with that.
Black Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 02:31 PM   #2
ATMA
Gamer junkie

No wonder I have to wait till March for the bonus disc of Zelda. I've also pre-order it via gamestop and yesterday I got an email confirming that I'll get both of them at the end of March .....On the other hand i'll have more time to play Xenosaga.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:51 PM   #3
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

I got mine like a week ago at EB.

Wasn?t there suppose to be a movie for Resident Evil 4?

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 04:15 PM   #4
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Quote:
Originally posted by Juste
I got mine like a week ago at EB.

Wasn?t there suppose to be a movie for Resident Evil 4?
The US has a different set of movies clips than the Japanese disc.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:34 PM   #5
Robo Halloween
Banned

Now I have another reason to hate this month. Its still here and I can't get Zelda!
Robo Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 04:46 PM   #6
FumieHosokawa
changed how I judge women

I had to call five different Targets in the area before finding one with two copies left, and even then they wouldn't hold it for me; first come, first serve. Fastest time there, ever. (Target because I had a $5-off Zelda coupon left over from Metroid Prime.)
FumieHosokawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 04:48 PM   #7
gearhound1
Banned

i got mine. how do you take advantage of the high res? i guess you need s-video? the back of the box says reproduced in high res. wussup wid' dat' shiat N??
gearhound1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 05:23 PM   #8
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

I just watched the F-Zero video and it look georgous, well done Amusement Vision! The game is just beautiful & fast. Though they should add additional touches such as bump mapping, dirt mapping to the crafts.

I've played Master Quest. I dont really like the controll, the game was designed to make full use of the N64 controller after all. The C-Stick is pretty neat, the direction you press it will bring up the different weapons you set, much like the C buttons of the N64 controller.

There is no free camera where you can view and look around, if there is, I don't know how it work yet.

I just played the first dungoen briefly. Its a pain that I cannot look around freely. Some air born enemy attack me and its hard to killed it. (it wasn't there in OoT) Didn't play long before I stopped. But whats amazing is that you can play the game with the lid open. I was testing the feature where it say close lid on other games if you open the lid, well you can play an area with it open. When the game starts, it had a loading bar, like those found in just about every PSX game that load. The game runs very quick, I'm not sure since I haven't play the N64 OoT for a long time, but frame rate is much higher in MQ.
There is a progressive scan mode to enhance the display, but I didn't tried it.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:34 PM   #9
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Fumie, try Sam Goody. Most people dont buy games there, so they might have it.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:02 PM   #10
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I'm going to call them now. I only buy games from them when I'm not looking for a great deal. I just call them up when I need to reserve since I'll be paying full price.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:11 PM   #11
DarkSavior

I had put down $5 at my local Gamestop for the game back in January, but when I wanted to pick up the bonus disc, they said "if you put down $5 you'll be getting the disc when Wind Waker comes out." So I asked them if I could put down an additional $10 deposit and get the bonus disc the same day, and they said they could do that.

So yay. I got the bonus disc... Now.. uhh.. if I only had a Gamecube to play it on...
Old 02-19-2003, 09:26 PM   #12
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkSavior
I had put down $5 at my local Gamestop for the game back in January, but when I wanted to pick up the bonus disc, they said "if you put down $5 you'll be getting the disc when Wind Waker comes out." So I asked them if I could put down an additional $10 deposit and get the bonus disc the same day, and they said they could do that.

So yay. I got the bonus disc... Now.. uhh.. if I only had a Gamecube to play it on...
Now its the time to picked one up. You can get one free game with the purchase of the system. The games are Metroid Prime, Star Fox, Resident Evil & Mario Party 4.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:35 PM   #13
Vyse
Coup de Grace!

all the local stores were out so i rushed to order it off of IGN.com because they will shipthem seperately...it should come in tomorrow, now i need money for when they automatically charge my checkcard in march...

Best-Blog-EVAR
Vyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 09:40 PM   #14
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

There is a severe shortage supplies of these bonus discs everywhere. Someday it will pop up on Ebay for hundreds of dollars. All the stores near where I live stopped taking order when the pre-order date isn't official yet. Well I hope everyone that wants a copy can find one. and pray NOA will shipped an additional quarter million. And to think Capcom charging people $30 for RE2 & 3 is outrages. They should use it as an incentive for RE0, giving away one of the game.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:39 PM   #15
Bad1
Nintend......OH!

An RE0 deal like that would be so cool. Maybe they might do it for RE4.

I got my bonus disc about a week ago. I finished the first dugeon. The controls feel more natural now but I was a little confused at first. I think you can change camera angles with the d-pad, but I'm not positive. I picked up Star Wars Bounty Hunter and am loving it, so I haven't played Master Quest in a few days.
Bad1 is offline   Reply With Quote