The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 08-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #1
Rubeus

Windows 10 can disable your pirated games and software

Quote:
ow, I know this won't be of any importance to any of Destructoid's super well-behaved readership, but let's say for argument's sake some of you pirate games on PC. Well, you might want to be aware of some info in the Microsoft Services EULA. Obviously, none of you will be inconvenienced by the disabling of pirated software, right?

Initially noticed by site Alphr, the Microsoft Services EULA gives Microsoft permission to scan your Windows 10 machine for pirated software and remove it from your system. There have not yet been any reports of this actually happening in practice, but Microsoft now has the power should it choose to exercise it.

The EULA also gives Microsoft permission to kill drivers to unauthorized gaming hardware, like third-party controllers with turbo switches and similar additional benefits.

But as I said before, I'm sure this won't alter your decision to upgrade, right? I mean, you buy ALL of your software legally... Right?

http://www.destructoid.com/windows-1...s-306408.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 09:30 PM   #2
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Solution is simple: Just pirate a hacked version of Windows 10 that will surely be coming.

The unauthorized hardware thing sounds like bunk. I doubt that, say, the USB Sega Saturn pad is "authorized" by anyone. They gonna try to shut that off?
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:37 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
It's like MS hates gaming.
after reading more on it, it only affects XBox live and MS services. so it's fine, cause nobody uses those.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:56 PM   #4
Joe Redifer
Olé!

What is "MS Services"? Microsoft Services? Wouldn't that technically encompass the entire OS?
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:40 AM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Just means games bought from windows store games and other things from MS. like software from MS.

So this wouldn't really stop people from pirating games and using them.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote