The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
Reality
Sin and Punishment

OSX Maverick is out.

http://www.apple.com/osx/whats-new/features.html

So it is out for FREEEEEEEE on the Mac App Store. I just downloaded and installed it last weekend. There are a couple new apps that I haven't got to try and some old ones got a new interface. For a example, "MAPS" is a new app. Think Google Maps only this is a stand alone piece of software. You also have 'iBooks". I guess its Apple's answer to Amazon's Kindle software.

I noticed that scrolling with the trackpad has been reversed. It use to be inverted but now you must scroll your fingers in the direction you want the screen to move. It makes sense but I am not use to it. There is also some slight changes in the number of fingers you must use for certain touch controls. Four fingers swapping doesn't show me the desktop anymore. I have to use four fingers and my thumb now. Not sure if I like it.

So has anyone else upgraded yet?

Old 10-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Drunken Savior

I don't have a Mac that can be upgraded to a new OS anymore My 'newest' Mac is a 2007 Core 2 Duo Macbook with Snow Leopard. One of my many future PC projects is a Hackintosh in a BitPhoenix Prodigy case because a 'Mac Pro' will always have handles in my mind. But I do miss OSX so much...Windows 7 got pretty close to how 'fun' it was to use an OS...but it never quite got there.

Other PC projects: a 9 TB home NAS in Raid 10 and a small HTPC/light gaming machine.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I would really like a nice solid Hackintosh. I was hopeful that my current rig would be compatible but My AUSU motherboard seems to be a little more complicated to get working than what I would prefer. Gigabyte seems to be the mobo of choice in that field.

I had hopes for a little device called the EFiX http://zougate.com/efix-usb-v40-p-170.html but its very costly. It supposedly takes all the known fixes and hacks created for free by users of the "x86 Insanely Mac" forums and puts it into a simple USB Dongle. The Dongle auto installs and makes the corrections itself. Saving you from having to screw with bios, triennial, windows registers ect.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:04 AM   #4
Drunken Savior

You seem to know more about it than I do. I get all my knowledge about that from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote