The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 09-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Drunken Savior

What Mouse and Keyboard do you use for gaming?

Logitech G11 Keyboard. This is actually a pretty old keyboard (2001) and I bought it refurbished in 2009. It's a decent membrane keyboard, but I wouldn't reccomend it now, since there are many better ones. I don't use many of the macro keys, (maybe 3?) so I could do with one that has 6 keys for Macros instead of 18. But I do love the volume dial and the illuminated keys (also ensures that they letters don't fade over time). I'm going to a Fry's this weekend to see if I can play around with some mechanical keyboards to see if I like the feeling of mechanical keys over membrane.

Logitech G700s. I've used a decent number of mice (Dell, MS Opticals, Razer Naga, Logitech G500) and this one is my favorite so far. Charges on one NiMH battery (actually comes with a high quality Eneloop AA). You can use this as a wireless mouse or plug in the charger to use it as a wired mouse. 4 G keys on the side (handy without being overwhelming like the Naga or other MMO mice) as well as the free spin-or-click wheel toggle. Feels good, the AA battery gives it weight (I like heavier mice like the G500 with all weights over the light Naga) and they number of programmable keys are good for every games I've played it with so far.

What do you use for gaming?

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Wolf Claw II

This is my keyboard of choice for ANY game on PC. The entire left design of the keyboard is built around the WASD formation. Everything is arranged to be within reach with little effort. I gotta say, I simply love the design of this thing. It just makes so much sense when you place your left hand on it. After using this for a couple years I struggle with a standard keyboard design for gaming.

Logitech G700

Everything Savior about this mouse is spot on. It holds a great charge, has terrific features, and logitech themselves will even update the mouse with prebuilt micros for a number of popular games (Battlefield 3).
Old 09-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
Drunken Savior

I've seen those Wolf claw keyboards and I've always liked them. Does switching the 'R' and "E' key cause some confusion at first? I'm gonna try to find one at our electronics store to see how it feels...

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 09-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.

Not my keyboard, but it looks like this one, but the legs to it are broken and are being held up by cd cases.

and I'm still using my old Microsoft issued ball mouse! The ball gets dirty, I have to take it out to get cleaned cause it gets layer of dust over it. I refuse to upgrade!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
I've seen those Wolf claw keyboards and I've always liked them. Does switching the 'R' and "E' key cause some confusion at first? I'm gonna try to find one at our electronics store to see how it feels...
I personally never had a issue. I suppose their logic was people were more likely to reload a whooooole lot more than use E in a fps. So they made it closer. If you do find one at your perturb store let me know. I am also looking for another one but they are very hard to find online.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
Chronos
fuggit

I call BS on Spider using a ball mouse. No one could rape in Counter Strike with that thing.

I have one of those logitech macro keyboards. G15, I think, but would recommend a mechanical keyboard. Feels so much better, and you can download free software to program macros to other keys.

Mouse is the classic logitech mx518 optical mouse, although I did try out that G700 and it's not bad, but it's a wireless mouse and the cord attachment felt cheap and clunky, so I returned it. Anyway, I swear by the mx518, or I think now logitech calls it the g400. I also have a razer naga hex which I used for mmos, where the side buttons really shine.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I shall take out the ball and chuck it at a window!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
...although I did try out that G700 and it's not bad, but it's a wireless mouse and the cord attachment felt cheap and clunky, so I returned it..
I'd agree with that for the most part. I wouldn't call the G700s cable cheap...but it is very stiff, especially compared to most other mice cords. That probably is due to the fact that there are wires in there to charge the battery in addition to read from the mouse with adds to the overall thickness.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 10-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #9
Havoc2049
64-bit Interactive Multimedia System

I still use a MERC Stealth keyboard and Razer DeathAdder mouse.

Havoc2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
Sulblazer

Here are my mouse and KB.

Logitech G500

And...a wireless KB. The HP Elite wireless pro...yes, I know it's a gaming faux pas to have a wireless KB...jeez, everyone's a critic!

They both work great for me...I don't FPS very much, so this is just fine.