The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 07-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Chronos
fuggit

Path of Exile Open Beta Public Stress Test

for all of you poor schmucks who haven't tried Path of Exile yet, this weekend they are opening it up so they can do a stress test.

Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Northeastmonk

Yeah, its been great. The Witch class is what I'm playing now. I like how she can throw traps down like the Demon Hunter in D3.

Plus I like how there are similar mob bosses or elites, makes it so much better.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
Alucard

Give me a yell when this goes live for all and your opinions then. I'm curious on it.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
Chronos
fuggit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Give me a yell when this goes live for all and your opinions then. I'm curious on it.
I've been playing it for a couple weeks. Everything about it is solid really. No stupid huge hit boxes (like D3) so you can actually dodge even basic attacks, HUGE skill tree but easy to understand and hard to fuck up, good music...you should just play it this weekend for a couple hours and you'll see.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
downloading right now! I'll play with you guys later in it.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:03 AM   #6
Northeastmonk

The skill tree is massive.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/

Old 07-28-2012, 02:14 AM   #7
Chronos
fuggit

chronos' summoner witch

my take on the skelemancer of diablo 2. I did the same thing in torchlight. <3 summoners. Got everything for minion damage, mana/mana regen, energy shield, and aura range (I only found 3 nodes for this...unless I'm missing something) that I could reach. I plan on this being my first character. Right now I'm messing with other builds so I don't get burnt out on summoners and learn what's good for other classes.

the list looks overwhelming at first but then when you start mapping out your build it just clicks. At least it did for me.

between this game, torchlight 2, and guild wars 2, i'm totally screwed. Good bye real life.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:39 AM   #8
Northeastmonk

I know how you feel there (I have the same lineup).

I think PoE could of gone to retail. But considering LoL is the most played game on PC it really doesn't have to be.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:53 AM   #9
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
My main problem is that I'm hooked on Dungeon Defenders, damn hybrid tower defense mixed with rpg gameplay!

I'm hooked on getting better gear so I can beat the final level on Nightmare Hardcore mode! It's next to impossible!
Old 07-28-2012, 04:01 AM   #10
Alucard

Thats a scary huge skill tree.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:22 AM   #11
spider-prime

it just looks scary, once you're in the game, you have your first starting point and you go from there and there is respecing in the game, so no worries about mistakes.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
Chronos
fuggit

You should still use the build calculator before you start a character for real. You can't respec all the way, just the last 6 passives or so. Personally I like that there's some permanence in your decisions.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
Northeastmonk

D3 inferno Kripp was playing with a developer last night on Twitch.tv. It was very cool to see how indepth the devs are making PoE. They focus a lot on numbers and are trying to include features that fans would want from other titles. e.g. pay a fee to have a certain sex, another fee for affects to your spells (fire turns into a dragon and etc but doesn't change base damage. Which is just for looks), and more acts later on.

I've switched from Witch, to Templar, and now the infamous Marauder. Which is basically like a barb. I'm enjoying it so far. There are a few problems here and there but the dev kept saying they were going to bring a lot of the issues up during their next board meeting. Otherwise its been a real solid experience. From what I understand a lot of players from D3 are playing PoE. Hopefully the experience is a lengthy one. Plus it was the 2nd most watched cast last night on Twitch.

I like how you can add gems to your weapons then increase their attributes or add new ones. Plus they level up with experience as well no fee to swap them in and out. You learn new skills by equipping these gems too. There is also no currency, so all the gear and weapons are found or either purchased with other items. I believe there will also be PvP.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #14
Chronos
fuggit

Gotta love no gold currency, and no gold sinks as a result. The only thing you get from selling gear is items that improve your character's gear, and they're all useful. When it comes to trading with players it's purely a barter system.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #15
Northeastmonk

Yeah and the hardcore mode sets you back to Default mode when you die. Which is nice in its own way. I just had my Marauder die in Hardcore from those elemental tomes.