The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 07-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
Alucard

Torchlight 2 super cool info

No idea what to call the title lolololol

Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

That is some super cool info!

Runic, you have my money because that is how you do a sequel.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I'm hyped for it cause of how bad Diablo 3 is.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Old 07-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
Chronos
fuggit

Looking forward to this and Path of Exile. Both are so much better than Diablo 3 in its current state.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:19 AM   #6
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
It is actually very easy to fix Diablo 3, but they won't, cause that would admit they were wrong and right now they have a huge ego with the game thinking how great it is and how we should all love it no matter what they do.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:35 AM   #7
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Exactly. People love Blizzard and so accept it; but unfortunately for them, Diablo isn't the only Diablo-like game out there now. Torchlight 2 seems like such a ridiculous good amount of stuff for the price.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:42 AM   #8
Chronos
fuggit

I'm not even sure they can easily fix Diablo 3. The problem for me was overall the items felt dull. Even when you get an item worth 50 million it just has main stat, dmg stats, survivability, etc. There's nothing epic like proc items (well there are but they're gimped so you don't even want that to roll), +skill items, etc. They'll probably fix some of the stupid affix combos like fast, vortex on already ultra fast enemies, but in the end the items are what they are. It's like they didn't know what game they wanted to make.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #9
spider-prime

Sure it's easy, you just said it yourself, it's the items that are the main problem, these games are about items, without them, you can't do shit in these games, fix them and possibly add some new stats to mix the game up a bit more and then you just fixed the game.

Add some more content also, like say a new side act that adds to the story or it gives a new story with your character like say a prequel story for each character in a way and there you go.

add a survival mode, 1 life and you can keep going deeper and deeper and get better items but the mobs keep getting harder and harder.

There are tons of ways to bring new life to it, This shouldn't be that hard to think of!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:28 AM   #10
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

To be honest, D3 will need an expansion to add that extra bit of depth to it. (also fixing the errors they made in regards to items/stats)

When i think of D2, I realise how much more fun the expansion made it. But stand alone D2 was still a fun game.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:21 AM   #11
spider-prime

they can give it to us for free if they wanted. but they won't. Which sucks! For us to get the game changing new stuff that make the game better they will want us to buy it. But since I've already been burned by this game, I don't know if I would get it unless it's really cheap or free.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #12
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

The ship has sailed as far as I'm concerned, bring on Torchlight 2!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
Chronos
fuggit

Are you playing Path of Exile? If not, you probably should be. Great game!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #14
Northeastmonk

Pre-purchased my copy from Steam. Got the original for free too. I own it on direct2drive which is now Gamefly. All my games are sill available from them, but on Steam its so much easier.

I want to like PoE a lot because they did a real good job on it. Reputation wise I would like to know how its doing. And I know you shouldn't base everything on reputation, but its like an ego boost when you log 20+ hours on freeware. I never want to work in retail ever again.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:00 AM   #15
spider-prime

I've been playing TL1 all day today, I went for the speed run achievement for the hell of it..... I did it on Very Hard/Hardcore.......... I DID IT........ I then found out that it doesn't stack with the other achievements on Hardcore! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

and for some reason, I didn't get the achievement for beating Ordak without dying. blah, oh well, now I know the story and lore crap for the next game.