The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 06-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #61
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I am also not sure how one would play Steam games on it. I am not aware of any game that use a touch screen. Or at least none of the 80 games I own on steam do. And I can vouch its near impossible to play PC games even on a laptop track pad.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #62
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by calintz View Post

in saying that - why weren't you excited about photoshop on android or ios? lol
Because it's not even a real Photoshop !

Or rather, it can't do what we need to do in our line of work Having fully functioning Photoshop in tablet on the go (with a reasonable price tag) really sounds tempting for us as comic maker
Currently Playing : Eternal Sonata [PS3] - God Of War Ascension [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #63
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
I am also not sure how one would play Steam games on it. I am not aware of any game that use a touch screen. Or at least none of the 80 games I own on steam do. And I can vouch its near impossible to play PC games even on a laptop track pad.
It has a keyboard at the very least, you can play a lot of Indie games especially on just a keyboard, I'm playing Binding of Isaac right now and don't touch my mouse when playing, and with those USB ports I'm expecting the option of plugging in a mouse is perfectly viable if needs be. The cursor itself could just be controlled using the touch screen too so that's also an option.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #64
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
It has a USB port, so mouse, real keyboards, and controllers would all plug in and work fine with the high-end version.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #65
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
not all games will work obviously, but the lower end games probably can easily. But I might be surprised and some higher end games can. But I doubt it. Unless they are going to make something so it will work, like a docking station with a 3d card port.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #66
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Well the rumours are, even in the RT version, that it'll have a perfectly capable GPU to handle high-end games. You might not be maxing out Witcher 2 at 1080p and running at 60FPS constantly, or I seriously doubt you will, but it should at least be able to run any game you throw at it perfectly fine, and probably at good settings too. The Pro will likely be a beast too, they can't shove in an awesome Ivy Bridge CPU and not have the GPU match up. That'd be a crime!

And I forgot about controllers, this will work with the 360 controller I'm guessing? I think I'm definitely picking up one of these; everything sounds so good, I'm going to hate it when they announce the price.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #67
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
even if the price is 600 dollars, I still see it the better choice compared to the ipad if it does let you install whatever windows can.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #68
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I would think if you are out to buy all these attachments there is no point in owning a tablet in the first place. Surely there are comparable laptops that would offer a similar package for the same price. Maybe even with stronger batteries.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #69
spider-prime

But they can do like the transformer has and make a better keyboard for it with a battery built in and even a DVD drive and more ports. That is what I'm expecting.

I like the idea of a tablet, but the tablets out so far have all been crappy. yes even the ipad is crappy cause it's so limited and you shouldn't have to jailbreak things to get the most out of it.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #70
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Plugging in peripherals would just be to make life easier when you're at home or somewhere else that it makes sense to use them.

The high-end model will cost at least $1000, I bet.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #71
calintz
thank you based god

it's better than an ultrabook - and they can go up to $1000 depending on specs, so i'm betting around $1000 also
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #72
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
But they can do like the transformer has and make a better keyboard for it with a battery built in and even a DVD drive and more ports. That is what I'm expecting.
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for as well. The Transformer did nearly everything right, hardware wise for what I want it for.

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation,
The Division, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #73
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Looks like RT version is just for entertainment and Pro is the real deal (especially if you want serious apps like Photoshop)

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4615...-windows-8-pro

God if it's cost us US$1000 , no sold. They should sell it lower because they don't need to pay license for Windows
Currently Playing : Eternal Sonata [PS3] - God Of War Ascension [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:52 AM   #74
spider-prime

they said it was going to be reasonably priced. I'm just hoping that means under 600 dollars.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #75
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Maybe. Around $600 would bring great competition to the table. I would find surprising though if it did.