The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #151
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I think you're right about that one. People forget it's Activision-Blizzard now; I wouldn't put it past them to try and squeeze every last bit of money out of us.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #152
Chronos
fuggit

I actually started playing diablo 2 again recently because I never got into it in the past, and it's hard to go from it to D3...feels like the way hack and slash should be handled. I'm using a mod called plugy, which adds a ton of awesome stuff to single player diablo 2

PlugY, The Survival Kit is structured as options that can be enabled or disabled by editing the configuration file.
This plugin is localized in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish.
Availables features list :
- Infinite storage space in the stash (up to 4,294,967,296 personal pages!)
- Shared storage space in the stash (up to 4,294,967,296 shared pages too!)
- Enabled the ladder only runewords out of realms.
- Local World Event and Uber Quest for singleplayer and multiplayer off-realm !
- Can open Cow Level Portal even when player have kill the Cow King in that difficulty.
- Unassign assigned skills and stats points.
- Change the selected language.
- Always regenerate maps in SinglePlayer like in MultiPlayer.
- Automatically execute /players X when you launch a new game.
- Added some pages for display more characters stats like %MF.
- Display item level in its popup.
- Launch any number of Diablo II games on the same computer.
- Increase the stash to 10x10 squares.
- Change the save path directory.
- Always display Mana and Life values above the globes.
- D2 can load all files, even those opened with Microsoft Excel (disabled by default).
- Display the stats current value (without magical bonus) like Magic/gold find or maximum resistances.

Having a blast, and you can notice all the stuff diablo 3 is missing.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #153
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Diablo 3 did take out a lot of awesome features from D2, I still love the charms too even those I filled my inventory with them lolol I would have had a special inventory just for charms in D3 so it is separate from your normal stuff. Those helped a lot of people get though hard parts where they couldn't advance in D2.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #154
Alucard

Ok either blizzard has gone totally stupid or activision have more control then we expected.

Quote:
As part of its latest endeavors to combat thieves and cheats, Blizzard will be forcing new Diablo III players into a 72-hour Starter Edition trial before letting them play the full game. This "review" period has been established to "combat fraud and other malicious activities that can weaken everyone’s play experience."
The hell is that about. Buy the full game, get treated like you're on probation in a trial environment till you're 'allowed' to play? Fuck you. This is the sort of thing thats going to make me stop buying their games.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #155
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

And now look at this:

Quote:
A post on Battle.net explains that newly purchased digital editions of Diablo 3 will be limited to a starter edition for up to 72 hours after purchase. That means you can only get as far as level 13, and can’t progress past the first significant boss of the game, the Skeleton King. The gold and auction house will be closed off and you’ll only be able to play with other starter edition players. Essentially, you won’t have access to the full game for three days after purchase.

An official blue post on the Battle.Net forums explains why: “Outside of the issue that we fixed, digital purchases do require a review period before they kick over from Starter to Full editions. We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is a necessary step to combat fraud and other malicious activities that can weaken everyone’s play experience,” writes support forum agent Kaltonis.

“The delay is no longer than three days, and is often much quicker than that. Hang tight.

It looks as though this might be an effort to stop banned players from re-buying and instantly re-accessing the game, and could help keep gold spammers out of global chat. Restricting every new customer seems like an extreme solution to the problem, especially when this is the screen from which you buy the game online:

There’s no mention of a three day restriction period, and there’s still a message there suggestion that the real money auction house is “coming soon.” Digital purchases are often an impulse buy. I picked up Diablo 3 online because I wanted to play it straight away, if I was buying it today I would rather swing past ye old fashioned shop to buy a box and get full access to the game much sooner. I can only imagine the frustration of running into a barrier a couple of hours in with no warning.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/21/di...p-to-72-hours/

Blizzard really have fucked up this game, honestly. I can get past all these problems, I'm not someone who whines that I can't play a game for 1 day like at the launch, but it's not a good enough game to warrant it all; it's not anywhere as good as it's predecessors and Torchlight is gearing up to kick it's arse.

All in all, a disappointment. I enjoyed playing it but I've stopped playing and I don't think I'll be coming back. Blizzard are just sinking for me, I'm not going to be keeping an eye on them as much if this is how they'll be handling their games.

[edit]
DAMNIT ALUCARD I WANTED TO POST IT FIRST!!!!111
Old 06-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #156
Northeastmonk

They are the loving parent who spies on their children's friends before letting them go play with them.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #157
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
DAMNIT ALUCARD I WANTED TO POST IT FIRST!!!!111
LIFT YOUR GAME SON!!

I was planning to buy the next starcraft 2 expansion but now I'm considering just getting it at a special discount off the back of a truck rate. Blizzard have almost lost me as a fan.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #158
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

I'm still enjoying the game, but the amount of AH time needed is pretty ridiculous. Its gotten to the point where my friends are calling the game 'Auction Houses'. As far as farming loot goes, it almost seems more worth your time to slaughter through act1 inferno than to play the slightly more difficult content in act3/4. Its odd that more often than not the rares you get from having 5NV buff turn out to be lvl 51s and the 60 drop is usually a ring with 1 gem slot and nothing else.
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #159
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I've only gotten 2 decent blue items since the patch.. one axe with no stats on it but 900 dps and another wand... no stats on it again... 1000 dps.

SCREW YOU BLIZZARD!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #160
calintz
thank you based god

lol got 7rares in a 45 minute session last night
and that's with shit all MF :p

but as usual, they're shit, can't use, can't sell

honestly, this patch hasn't been bad for me, things are easier to kill lol
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #161
spider-prime

I got a ilevel 63 bow.. SOO EXCITED, I was like OMGOOMGOMGOMG could it be good? 200 dps................. AND NO GOOD STATS ON A RARE!

Game is now dead to me. Giving me level 60 items that are more like level 50 items!

edit, you know what, been playing this game way too much, I'm finally saying fuck it to it and I'm going to try torchlight again, so I'm downloading the demo right now, and if I like it enough, I will buy the 2nd game since it comes with the first for free.

The way Blizzard is treating it's loyals fans saying " I guess maybe I can try to get that across by saying we could have nerfed a bunch of stats that probably deserve it to some degree, but we didn't (aren't you thankful!?),"

THANKFUL! I wanna punch him in the face.. stupid bashiok!

Last edited by spider-prime; 06-21-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #162
Chronos
fuggit

Wow that 72 hour thing is fucked.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:25 AM   #163
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

To be honest I'm looking forward to the PVP.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #164
Alucard

Dont see why. The only people who will be good at pvp will be the ones who spend hundreds of real dollars to deck themselves out.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #165
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Yup, it'll be pay-to-win basically.

Blizzard really have failed with Diablo 3 for me, bad show. And all its done is prove that PC gamers will accept always-online DRM too.