The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #16
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

If you wanna really see the game, I reccomend you just watch some of the DayZ. Here's a good one:

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #17
Chronos
fuggit

Didn't realize you needed Operation: Arrowhead. I only have ArmA2.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #18
Northeastmonk

I can't wait but every server is full, they fill up real fast too. I saw one jump to 50/50 in seconds. Plus some need passwords to get in. If they made this easier to join I'd be a lot happier. Hopefully it will cool down during the week.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:50 AM   #19
calintz
thank you based god

invisible zombies? lol

calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:00 AM   #20
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

LOL They updated the mod significantly today. Probably just a bug from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2201
UPDATE : 14 MAY 2012
Affected addons:
* dayz_code 1.5.7
* dayz 1.2.4
* dayz_sfx 1.1

Developer's Note:
* ITS MY BIRTHDAY. I AM 31.

Changelog:
* [NEW] Zombie Script converted to Finite State Machine for performance improvement
* [NEW] Zombie Numbers drastically increased
* [NEW] Amazing Draft Zombie sounds provided by Michael Manning (http://www.manningaudio.com)
* [NEW] Terrifying Zombie face provided by GenesisCrys (http://www.lostpoly.com)
* [NEW] Panicing sound effect
* [FIXED] Death when entering crashed heli's
* [FIXED] Hardly any zombies spawning (Lol... uh... like there is lots now)

P.S. Re: Zombie Numbers.... hahah... you're all fucked. deeply fucked. Good luck.
Zombie count has increased 4-6 fold. Expect the average life time to drop.

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Old 05-14-2012, 04:51 AM   #21
Alucard

So just to clear it up, you can only play this with arrowhead? Is that a stand alone or do you need that plus the normal ArmA2 game.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:11 AM   #22
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
Day Z Website

This is a free mod for Arma 2 (must also have Operation Arrowhead expansion) that probably captures the horror the zombie apocalypse in a game yet.

You start off in a random location within a Russian island. You have a pistol, some clips and some beans. From there, it's up to you. You'll search for supplies, making sure to keep yourself hydrated and fed. You'll need to move quietly, noise attracts zombies. You'll see another player in the distance looking at you.

This man might just be happy to see another human, knowing that power is in numbers....or he might just simply want to kill you for your can of beans.

And this is what is making this mod extremely popular right now, the social working between strangers and friends in a post apocalyptic environment. It's not really the zombies that you should fear, you know their motives (nomnom). It's the people you should fear. You don't know what they want and what they'll do to get it.

Oh and if you die, you are dead. You lose all the items you've collected from the start. And when you start again, you start in a random place, with a pistol, and a can of beans.

Just reading comments by players, many of them love telling stories of events that transpired during their 'life.'

Oh, and the average lifespan is under five hours at the moment.

As a result of this mod (likely), Arma2: CO has shot up to #5 on Steam. No doubt fueled by people who want to play this mod.

Yes, you need Operation Arrowhead.

Games I'm hyped for
Old 05-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #23
Alucard

So have to own original and expansion. BLEAH! Funny how games become popular if an awesome mod comes out. This is something developers should always look at and keep in mind.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #24
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

At least the two games are in a nice pack. I'll be buying ARMA 2 whenever my bank realises my card isn't stolen. I let my girlfriend use it sometimes and everytime I get the "YOUR CARD IS FUCKING STOLEN MAN HOLY SHITSNAPS!!!111" phone call from my bank. No, it's not, we've been over this about 500 times...

DS made the good point that if ARMA 2 goes on sale, servers will be flooded by annoying people. We should enjoy it before then. Before all the MLG Call of Duty pro snipers 360 noscope players discover it.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #25
Northeastmonk

or they release some sort of training video teaching us how to play video games and calling us all this Halo "Noob" stuff. I don't remember using the world Noob until I got xbox Live.

Like when I purchased R6 Vegas 2 and the entire box had Frag Dolls logos on it. I wanted to return it to the store for a refund.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #26
Chronos
fuggit

diablo 3 releasing in ~15 hours, so I missed my opportunity to play this mod. Will be playing nothing but D3 for a long time.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #27
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
At least the two games are in a nice pack. I'll be buying ARMA 2 whenever my bank realises my card isn't stolen. I let my girlfriend use it sometimes and everytime I get the "YOUR CARD IS FUCKING STOLEN MAN HOLY SHITSNAPS!!!111" phone call from my bank. No, it's not, we've been over this about 500 times...

DS made the good point that if ARMA 2 goes on sale, servers will be flooded by annoying people. We should enjoy it before then. Before all the MLG Call of Duty pro snipers 360 noscope players discover it.

Why dont you let your girlfriend get her own credit card? You know...equality and all that shit.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #28
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I meant debit card, I'd never get a credit card and made sure neither does she; and yeah she has one, but it's got no money on it and barely ever does. I don't mind letting her use it for the odd thing. I'm good at managing money so it's s'all good.

And if I say yes, she owes me one. So next time we're both there, we're sat in bed and she wants to watch some subbed Naruto... fuck that shiz, we're watching House!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #29
Alucard

Fuck house. I'd be demanding she take it up the arse for my money.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #30
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I'm not as romantic as you are though. Teach me!!