The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 04-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
having internet connection problems.

For some reason, nothing that uses the internet wants to work but for some reason, I can still access this site.

I've tried changing the cords, using my other computers, using a wireless adapter, doing a virus scan, all nothing!

It works for a bit and crashes on me, it's just the internet, nothing wrong with my computer and just started doing it this afternoon.

It's not the modem or router cause I other things on it and they all work fine and yes I did hook up the computer to the modem directly.

Could there be a windows 7 problem that is causing it?
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Drunken Savior

The only website you can visit is this one?

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
There are others, but nothing useful.

This is only happening on this computer I'm using right now. My ipod touch works, my 3ds works and my ps3 all work just fine on the internet. I just tried those out now also.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
spider-prime

I just did a system restore and nothing, still doing it, but it's a lot better now, I can access more websites.
I might have to reformat and see if that fixes the problem. I'm also wondering if there isn't anything wrong hardware wise and maybe it's just my ISP being shitty.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
justin_credible

Yeah you may want to call your ISP's tech support. I'd do that before posting on magicbox forums.

COME ON SPIDEY, GET WITH IT!
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
spider-prime

I hate wasting time on tech support for something that might be stupid and common and fixed just by asking one thing that you might not know but someone else does.

I just checked their website for tech support........ oh yah I think it's them, their entire site just changed their look. So I'm wondering if their overhaul to their site is causing connection issues. I usually check their site for new channel listings cause I get everything though them and it wasn't changed the last time I checked.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
justin_credible

Pick up that phone it's the answer to all of yours question lol.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
spider-prime

GAH! IT's BUSY! They have over a 2 hour wait time.......... I guess that answers my question. But everything is running fine now. So I think it is for sure them.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
Alucard

I'm guessing you've tried using multiple browsers? You say your ipad etc work while using it so I dont see how it can be a isp issue if it works on separate devices.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
spider-prime

I was wrong about that, it's starting to get the same problems now.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #11
Chronos
fuggit

I would bet it's your isp. Or maybe your router/modem is dying.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
spider-prime

I hope not, it's brand new.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #13
Alucard

Check the setup info on your ISPs help pages. I recall my isp changed their IP settings and I had the old ones still in my router, which ended up fixing a few issues. Either way its most likely your isp acting stupid at the moment. Keep calling them. In the meantime I recommend the pot mod. It will improve your connection.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #14
justin_credible

What the heck is a pot mod? Will it make my internet connection be more than what I'm paying for? i.e. I'm paying for 1.5 mb download it would make it more? Got a link on how to do it?
Old 04-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #15
Alucard

Put a pot next to your pc connected by an ethernet cable and you will suddenly have a faster connection and ping. The pot is fully heated up so as the data streams through the pc to the pot, it moves faster through the cable.