The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 04-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #31
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

That's only if you do it in every thread possible Alucard, KoS and Darren the three amigos.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #32
darren
... lol

yeep i've spent all my time talking shit about mario 4 ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578 View Post
It's hard to act surprised at the announcement of this new Mario since I saw it coming from a mile away. Nintendo always preps a new Mario title for each of their consoles. If only they were as enthusiastic about series like Metroid, Kid Icarus, Punch-Out!, Ice Climber, Fire Emblem and (dare I dream?) Arcana? How about maybe F-Zero, Pilotwings (a good one for a change), Clu Clu Land, HyperZone and Urban Champion? Give your library some vibrancy.

Speaking of IPs, where'd their creativity go? What, they could come up with dozens of great new IPs in the 8-bit and 16-bit eras, yet cannot do the same today? Must we always be restricted to a strict diet of Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Kirby, plus a bunch of gimmickry software and lame one-off titles with Mario's mug tacked on the cover as a cheap marketing ploy? They're intentionally targeting moms and pops wandering the aisles of their local mart, alienating gamers like us who've shown them support through thick and thin.

I expect them to push Mario at E3 until their face is blue. I expect them to announce a new Zelda which won't see the light of day until maybe 2014. I expect maybe a few "surprise" showings. Nintendo can still churn out high-quality games every now and then yet cannot seem to sustain momentum. The Wii saw more dry spells than a desert; my console literally collected dust for months on end, sometimes longer. I've yet to see any convincing evidence that the Wii U will erase that stigma.
i was reading that Miyamoto said Pikmin 3 is ready to go on WiiU as well at E3. I suspect Mario and Pikmin as the main nintendo games for the system launch, if so .. i'm sold tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Careful Icarus. If you say something bad about a console game or nintendo you'll be called a pc elitist who hates consoles.
well you will say you have never played your 3DS and call it shit .. when you then say you havent played Res Evil, Mario, Icarus, Mario Kart etc etc ..

as Justin said .. why bother buying it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
Between SMB4 and DQX pretty much = huge day one console sales.
is DQX a launch title? that woudl be very cool indeed tbh
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #33
Alucard

Quote:
That's only if you do it in every thread possible Alucard, KoS and Darren the three amigos.
I mostly talk negatively about a game if I've played it. I figure I've got the right to do that. Clearly any game that begins on the pc and then ends up spawning a sequel on the consoles, ie Syndicate fps, I feel I have more then enough free roam to trash that.

I think the big problem here is how the two sets of gamers react to games. PC gamers will destroy a game if its not what it should be. Console gamers love the stupidest titles known to man for whatever reason I cant figure out yet. So if you say something bad about a console game, BOOM! You're a pc gamer only who doesnt play console games, only WoW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
well you will say you have never played your 3DS and call it shit .. when you then say you havent played Res Evil, Mario, Icarus, Mario Kart etc etc ..

as Justin said .. why bother buying it?
I've never actually called the 3DS itself shit. I called the support for it shit. And I dont buy the system mainly for mario. I loved my original DS and only had 1 mario game on it. I loved my GBA and had zero mario games on it. Those systems just had shitloads more games of quality. 3DS has a handful but like I mentioned before I havent played it much because my iphone has been distracting me, something I never expected to happen.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #34
justin_credible

Quote:
That is all this forum has turned into, every thread is trolled to fuck with negativity (mostly Alucard) I can't count how many threads everyone is told they need to go upgrade their PC, console game in topic that isn't even out yet is shit, pc is great, console is shit. Alucard has just about ruined this forum and now he's got a few minions who is stuck up his butt and agree with everything he says.

We know what you do Alucard you talk shit about stuff on this forum and turn around and play them and LOVE THEM! Admit you're a loving person and this angry troll gimmick is just a online persona.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #35
darren
... lol

indeed .. he's sat naked right now playing halo 3 on his xbox ..
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 04-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #36
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

He's a very gentle lover.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #37
darren
... lol

only because you cry a lot ... he's rough if you ask nicely
Old 04-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #38
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_credible View Post
That is all this forum has turned into, every thread is trolled to fuck with negativity (mostly Alucard) I can't count how many threads everyone is told they need to go upgrade their PC, console game in topic that isn't even out yet is shit, pc is great, console is shit. Alucard has just about ruined this forum and now he's got a few minions who is stuck up his butt and agree with everything he says.

We know what you do Alucard you talk shit about stuff on this forum and turn around and play them and LOVE THEM! Admit you're a loving person and this angry troll gimmick is just a online persona.

Ok its true I do a liiiiiiiiiittle bit of show boating. Telling people to upgrade their pc and they suck for having a girls pc is no different to me mocking halo. Not to be taken seriously. Its just freakish how some of you take everything I say so literally by this stage. A few people on here already know I just prance around for fun, which is why its usually just you, eastx and escaflowne who seem to keep coming at me only.

I would like to point out seriously though that being called a pc elitist is somehow supposed to be an insut, yet that would actually counter and make the person calling me that a console elitist, which really should not be considered a good thing. It means they're also close minded. When it comes to gaming I really am bisexual and play on both sides of the field.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #39
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Pikmin does nothing for me, unless priced economically, say in the $20 ballpark. Niche software like that isn't worth $60, no way in the world.

Alucard, the SNES launch was handled perfectly. Within the first year it had a slew of exceptional titles: Super Mario World, Zelda ~ A Link to the Past, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Gradius III, Supef Castlevania IV, Final Fantasy II, Arcana, Super Ghouls N' Ghosts, Actraiser, etc. It's simply embarrassing to compare their subsequent consoles' software line-ups with that. Even though the technology has improved dramatically, the software itself has gone downhill. And the thing is, there was always something interesting going on with the 16-bit consoles. That's what I want, for them to bring back the magic.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #40
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
I really am bisexual and play on both sides of the field.
If I wasn't so lazy I'd change my sig.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #41
darren
... lol

or get on the first flight to Auz and gay up with Alucard .. thats my plan anyway
Old 04-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #42
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
its usually just you, eastx and escaflowne who seem to keep coming at me
nehehe
Old 04-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #43
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Ohh I how I lol'd at that last sentence from Alucard.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #44
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Quote:
A few people on here already know I just prance around for fun, which is why its usually just you, eastx and escaflowne who seem to keep coming at me only.

Magicbox is no fairytale world...

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #45
Dj Jimmi Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578 View Post
Pikmin does nothing for me, unless priced economically, say in the $20 ballpark. Niche software like that isn't worth $60, no way in the world.

Alucard, the SNES launch was handled perfectly. Within the first year it had a slew of exceptional titles: Super Mario World, Zelda ~ A Link to the Past, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Gradius III, Supef Castlevania IV, Final Fantasy II, Arcana, Super Ghouls N' Ghosts, Actraiser, etc. It's simply embarrassing to compare their subsequent consoles' software line-ups with that. Even though the technology has improved dramatically, the software itself has gone downhill. And the thing is, there was always something interesting going on with the 16-bit consoles. That's what I want, for them to bring back the magic.
Pikmin doesn't do much for me either, but to say that Nintendo shouldn't charge $50-$60 for a good game because it ain't your niche is asinine. As for the SNES, that too is one of my favorite consoles of all time, but if I want a better version of Chrono Trigger, Kirby, FFIV, or any others mentioned. My PSP, DS, Wii, GCN, and even PS3 can provide me with better experiences. Here I'll even make a list for ya.

Super Mario World < Yoshi's Island 2 or Super Mario Galaxy 2
Zelda: A Link to the Past < Minish Cap or Skyward Sword
F-Zero < F-Zero GX
Gradius III < Gradius Galaxies or Gradius V
Castlevania IV < Symphony of the Night < Order of Ecclesia
FFIV < FFIV GBA/DS or Complete Collection
Chrono Trigger SNES < PS1, DS and iOS

I respect your classic gaming gangster Icarus, but you gotta get with the times.

Ganguro Gals fo Life!
Dj Jimmi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote