The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 04-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #16
Alucard

I loved the gamecube. I also really liked Mario 64. I may not be a fan of nintendo on a whole, but I like it when theres an effort put into games. But saying they're good titles just because they're nintendo, thats the part that doesnt stick with me. Before the title is even known its already considered an instant buy. Thats the dodgy part.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

See Alucard, you shouldn't have bought a Wii U you damn timelord.

I'd say effort goes into Mario games. If you haven't noticed they never recycle stuff. Nothing in Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 is the same basically in terms of the environment. That'd just stick out like a sore thumb in a game all about exploring whacky and imaginative places. I've never had the feeling, unlike some series, I'm playing Mario Galaxy 1.5 or something like that; I feel I'm playing a sequel, and I think consistently making each game good is effort enough.

Also, Gamecube was the best console ever because it had a handle. Yeah, the most useful thing ever for a home console. A handle. Nintendo 1, The World 0.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #18
justin_credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
I loved the gamecube. I also really liked Mario 64. I may not be a fan of nintendo on a whole, but I like it when theres an effort put into games. But saying they're good titles just because they're nintendo, thats the part that doesnt stick with me. Before the title is even known its already considered an instant buy. Thats the dodgy part.
Ok who said they're good titles because they're Nintendo? Ok maybe darren did. But ignoring darren, nobody else did. All I did was post a thread about a new Mario game coming to E3. I'm pretty confident I'm not the only one who cares about that, you seem to not care about it yet you post constantly in this thread complaining about it when you also don't know what the game is about.

Me personally I don't care about most pc exclusives so when you start a thread about a pc game I have no interest in I don't go into that thread and say "that game sucks pc gaming sucks" That's basically what you're doing here, trolling.

Nintendo has one of the best track record with me and most of the rest of all video gamers for over 25 years, they've earned that reputation if you don't like it don't buy it, there's nothing more to say.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #19
Alucard

The difference between your example is I have spent money on mario titles, I have enjoyed some, I have loathed some. I still plan to play some and see if they come good, like the super paper mario did. Again, havent played mario galaxy 2 so I cant comment on that and was sticking with the 2D titles. Your pc exclusives example is considered biased as you dont buy any, you dont play any, you dont follow any news about them, so not liking them is basically you putting your fingers in your ears and going lalalalala not wanting to enjoy anything.

My main point with my first post was that even if there are bad titles, nintendo fans instantly are excited about the next title in the series. The 2D DS one and then the Wii one, both extremely similar, neither really that good, but news of another 2D one and people get excited. I'm the opposite. It doesnt matter who the developer is, if you slap me with a poor game in the series, I stare at the next one dubiously until its proven to be good. Give me 2 blah titles in a row and I end up ignoring any news on the game and wait for friends to tell me how it is. Thats the difference in perception with me and you for example. So I feel my view, whether it be negative, is slightly insulting to be called a troll when I pay for these games and also play them, where as you dont touch the pc games period.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #20
justin_credible

Quote:
It must be easy to just remake a game with a few changes over the years and be content in the knowledge that people will buy it. Imagination gone stale.
Trolling, either trolling or you're being a hypocrite if you buy the game after saying this.

It's like you wanna say "Fuck Nintendo" yet say "but I may still buy it if it's good" You do that with consoles in general, you act like pc is sooooooooo great and consoles are sooooooo shit, yet you buy every console out there and then talk shit about the consoles you buy. It's a pretty stale act as far as I'm concerned.

If Nintendo has burned me as many times as you claim they burned you, I would not be considering buying this game or a Wii U at all, and I would ignore it completely. That's the difference between me and you.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #21
camac
I feel so good.

If they bring back 4 player again I sure hope they can replace the Toads with something else. Hell I'd take Wario and Waluigi over those no name throwaway toads. Hah to be honest at least then it'd be kind of funny to see Wario bumping Mario off platforms.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #22
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
it had to be toads to up the frame rate. apparently it was going to be the princess and toad again like in SMB2, but it caused the FPS to drop so they changed it to 2 toads with a color change.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:03 AM   #23
camac
I feel so good.

Wow, I can't help but wonder what the motivation or story would have been if Peach was playable. Maybe Wart would have made an appearance again and it would all have been just another dream because really, the only the Peach isn't a helpless ditz is in Mario's dreams.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:18 AM   #24
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_credible View Post
It's like you wanna say "Fuck Nintendo" yet say "but I may still buy it if it's good" You do that with consoles in general, you act like pc is sooooooooo great and consoles are sooooooo shit, yet you buy every console out there and then talk shit about the consoles you buy. It's a pretty stale act as far as I'm concerned.
That is indeed Alucard's least endearing trait.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #25
darren
... lol

Super mario 3ds is awesome . Fucking awesome

alucard ..do you have mario bris 3ds and mario kart 7 for your 3ds? If not why the fuck not?
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:59 AM   #26
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I don't think they should call it Super Mario Bros 4. I consider Super Mario World as the proper SMB4. Any time I see "SMB4" I immediately think of Super Mario World, as do a lot of people. I do NOT, however, consider Super Mario 64 as Super Mario Bros 5. Instead it takes place 60 games later since it's actually Super Mario Bros 64. And I think when all is said and done and the book of Nintendo is finally closed, there will have been at least 64 proper Mario games.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:35 AM   #27
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
Super mario 4 day 1 on wiiu = day 1 pick up for me ..
Between SMB4 and DQX pretty much = huge day one console sales.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:41 AM   #28
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_credible View Post
Trolling, either trolling or you're being a hypocrite if you buy the game after saying this.

If Nintendo has burned me as many times as you claim they burned you, I would not be considering buying this game or a Wii U at all, and I would ignore it completely. That's the difference between me and you.

Yeah, again you dont really pay attention to what I say. Maybe because you dont go into the pc section I'd think. When it comes to gaming I'm open to all sides of it. I dont get burned once and then just turn my back on an entire industry. I do however point out if its shit or not. I also destroy many things in the pc side of gaming too. There are 2 developers who I have outright pure loathing for and thats Molyneux and Spector. Theres probably a few more you could add to the list like maybe CliffyB and whatever. But those two are the main ones with Molyneux as my top most POS game maker. All negative opinions of them came from the pc. I completely stopped playing any game these guys made. Thats the difference between hating a developer and just listing shit reasons about them like I do nintendo, konami and others. Actually you can probably add the crytek guys on a level just under molyneux.

So if anything I have more hate on the pc side of gaming. I only have borderline hate on the console side with Konami leading the charge and microsoft just behind them. Nintendo is further down in a different category. The pissed off area where certain things they do annoy me but I still follow them to see what they'll be bringing out. After the Wii, I already plan to not buy the WiiU. If I do buy it it'll be much much later in the systems lifespan, like a few years, and only if there are a good half dozen games I really must get my hands on. Cant afford to keep buying every console and handheld as well as sustaining my pc side if I end up using one of them rarely.

I'm still waiting to be told there is a rule in the console realm where you are only allowed to be positive about things you like and never negative. Because it seems for you everything is flowers on that end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
Super mario 3ds is awesome . Fucking awesome

alucard ..do you have mario bris 3ds and mario kart 7 for your 3ds? If not why the fuck not?
Not yet. I havent used my 3DS at all since I bought it. My iphones been taking all my attention. When I get to it I plan to check out mario. But kart I'll be pretty much ignoring. While the series is fine its just a game I stop playing fairly quickly so it would be a waste of money.

Oh yeah, add in bethesda too for devs I used to adore but now just annoy me.

Last edited by Alucard; 04-17-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #29
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

It's hard to act surprised at the announcement of this new Mario since I saw it coming from a mile away. Nintendo always preps a new Mario title for each of their consoles. If only they were as enthusiastic about series like Metroid, Kid Icarus, Punch-Out!, Ice Climber, Fire Emblem and (dare I dream?) Arcana? How about maybe F-Zero, Pilotwings (a good one for a change), Clu Clu Land, HyperZone and Urban Champion? Give your library some vibrancy.

Speaking of IPs, where'd their creativity go? What, they could come up with dozens of great new IPs in the 8-bit and 16-bit eras, yet cannot do the same today? Must we always be restricted to a strict diet of Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Kirby, plus a bunch of gimmickry software and lame one-off titles with Mario's mug tacked on the cover as a cheap marketing ploy? They're intentionally targeting moms and pops wandering the aisles of their local mart, alienating gamers like us who've shown them support through thick and thin.

I expect them to push Mario at E3 until their face is blue. I expect them to announce a new Zelda which won't see the light of day until maybe 2014. I expect maybe a few "surprise" showings. Nintendo can still churn out high-quality games every now and then yet cannot seem to sustain momentum. The Wii saw more dry spells than a desert; my console literally collected dust for months on end, sometimes longer. I've yet to see any convincing evidence that the Wii U will erase that stigma.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #30
Alucard

Careful Icarus. If you say something bad about a console game or nintendo you'll be called a pc elitist who hates consoles.