The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #151
Ernst

Yeah, 'cause you bought new, so they didn't ban you from it.
Ernst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #152
darren
... lol

lessoned learned for people then .. wait a week or so after release get it new for less than 1/2 price. all the content .. nothing to cry cry about
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #153
Ernst

Except that I'm being told that if I buy second hand, or play my brother's on my PS3 that I won't be getting the full game.

PLZ GAMES INDUSTRY TAKE ALL OF MY RIGHTS AWAY. I HAVE SO MANY LEFT TO GIVE. PLZZZZ.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #154
Alucard

What? Whats that?

Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #155
darren
... lol

I was thinking more, as it does seem to only be console gamers moaning. Pc gamers are like .. Meh ... You know it's not that bad as it's cheaper for us in the first place, as we don't rush like fucking retards day 1 to the stores to buy .. We wait for the massive prices drops.

As I'm sure I paid less for my new retail pc version with pyhsx than people stupidly pay for second hand copies of the console version at the time? And since it's only 9 new via DD there no need to buy a shitty second hand copy anyway which again would probebly cost way more than the new superior pc version.
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 04-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #156
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
What? Whats that?
Nah the PC is almost always late to the party.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #157
darren
... lol

Well I guess the 6000 series cards in th 'next' gen systems suggests ms and Sony don't now where the party is this time. Lol
Old 04-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #158
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Yet they'll still get the majority of the important games and first go figure.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #159
darren
... lol

Indeed but by with multi platform stuff it's becoming less and less .. And someone needs to tell Nintendo there is even a party tbh
Old 04-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #160
Alucard

Yeah, the 'majority' of games are multiplatform. Whatever games that get delayed is usually an extremely short time. Very very few get a large wait period. And during that time I'm too busy playing a shitload of awesome PC exclusives. I'll also spend about half the money the console gamer will, plus the graphics will be heaps better. Not sure where the negatives are.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #161
darren
... lol

Plus when they do get delay its to make them even better .. /looks at batman/

Plus You forgot your gif
Old 04-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #162
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

I don't have a problem with digital distribution per se, save for if/when whatever services relative to it get shut down. The thing that's good about owning physicals is that you own it forever. There've been many stories of digital services deleting content from people who've purchased it (Amazon's Kindle) or closing off accounts (Steam) without a refund. This I find disturbing.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #163
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I'm just going to ignore all the scaremongering and retarded over-exaggerations since it's just annoying me now, I hate being the sole voice of reason in these discussions which always spiral into retardedness. Cry more, I'm very much past caring.

And yeah, I'm a PC Gamer who buys all my games new, and has the ability to wait for price drops; I couldn't really give a shit about what happens to console gamers and the used industry.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #164
Alucard

Getting your steam account locked is about as likely as you getting your ISP account closed. Dont do anything dumb online, like cheat or run programs that resemble cheats in online games, and you wont get your account locked. Also do not log into online servers that are standard ones, for example Chris's double XP TF server. That sounds a liiittle dubious. Stick to being normal and you're good. I've had my steam server since it started. I have games that I bought in less of that time frame that do not want to read anymore. My Dark Messiah game? Fucked. No scratches, just fucked. Luckily my cdkey that came with it allows me to download the game from steam. BOOM +1 to cdkeys in the industry. I cant, I cant find, where is that game, its in my cupboard somewhere, standing on this chair with my flashlight, moving shit, no not here, must be over here, no maybe a friend has it, oh god....oh wait my games on steam BOOM +2 DD.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #165
Ernst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
I'm just going to ignore all the scaremongering and retarded over-exaggerations since it's just annoying me now, I hate being the sole voice of reason in these discussions which always spiral into retardedness. Cry more, I'm very much past caring.

And yeah, I'm a PC Gamer who buys all my games new, and has the ability to wait for price drops; I couldn't really give a shit about what happens to console gamers and the used industry.
Not to patronise, but anyone that ever even ponders that they may be the 'sole voice of reason' should seriously consider the saying 'mad men never realise they're mad'.