The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 03-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Sega teases Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue HD

http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=27471

Blu-Ray compilation to fund S3!

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

To save a little time, he basically says that SEGA will release more Dreamcast classics as downloadable titles in the future. The two most-requested DC games are Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia. No confirmation, but it seems likely they'll come eventually. I wish they'd do the GC port of Arcadia though since it added some stuff.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

Pretty good news. I have lashed out at myself for selling my Xbox version of Shenmue 2.

Hopefully i can make up for it and get both shenmue's when they come out in HD.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
To save a little time, he basically says that SEGA will release more Dreamcast classics as downloadable titles in the future. The two most-requested DC games are Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia. No confirmation, but it seems likely they'll come eventually. I wish they'd do the GC port of Arcadia though since it added some stuff.
I kind of wonder about that since I could see them doing a Wii-U re-release over a PSN/360 release.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

I doubt Nintendo has any claim to the rights on it.

An additional release on the nintendo network would be likely though, but theres no reason not to get it on the PSN/XBLA.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
Alucard

Its wonderful. We've been wanting a sequel to Skies since it came out. They've already ported it once to the GC years later. Now they're just re-releasing it again. Thats 3 efforts for 1 game. Fuck you sega.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
justin_credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Its wonderful. We've been wanting a sequel to Skies since it came out. They've already ported it once to the GC years later. Now they're just re-releasing it again. Thats 3 efforts for 1 game. Fuck you sega.
Street Fighter Alpha 3 was initially ported in 1998 for the PlayStation, and sold a million copies.[6] This version replaced "hit" sprites with "hit" polygons in order to focus more memory on character animations. T. Hawk, Fei Long, and Dee Jay (the remaining "New Challengers" from Super Street Fighter II, who were not in the original arcade version) were added to the roster. Balrog, Juni and Juli were also added to the immediate regular roster, and they were given new character portraits and their own storylines. Evil Ryu, Shin Akuma, and Guile were also added as secret characters in the World Tour mode, a mode that allows players to strengthen and customize their chosen character's fighting style while traveling around the world. An additional feature in the Japanese version also made use of the PocketStation peripheral, which allows players to build up their character's strength. In this version, Shin Akuma serves as the final boss for Evil Ryu, as well as a secret boss in Final Battle. Due to RAM limitations, the only unique pairings available for a complete campaign in the Dramatic Battle Mode are Ryu & Ken or Juni & Juli; other character combinations can only be used for one-match battles. This version will be re-released in the near future on the PlayStation Network.

The 1999 Dreamcast version, titled Street Fighter Alpha 3: Saikyo Dojo (or Street Fighter Zero 3: Saikyō-ryū Dōjō in Japan), uses all the added features from the PlayStation version of the game, but features a different World Tour mode. An online mode was added that allowed players to display their high scores. In addition, a Saikyo Dojo mode was added which pits a very weak character of the player's choice against two very strong opponents. The Dreamcast version was re-released in Japan in 2000 as Street Fighter Zero 3: Saikyō-ryū Dōjō for Matching Service, which was released as a mail order title via Dreamcast Direct. The Matching Service version differs from the original due to the addition of an Online Versus Mode.

The Sega Saturn version of Street Fighter Zero 3 was also released in 1999 shortly after the initial Dreamcast version in Japan only. The Saturn port makes use of Sega's 4-MB RAM cartridge and uses all the features from the PlayStation version except the polygon usage and the PocketStation mode. The Saturn version uses the extra RAM to include more frames, sprites, and minimal loading times than the PlayStation version making it near arcade perfect. Evil Ryu, Shin Akuma and Guile are immediately selectable. While the World Tour and Survival modes are virtually unchanged from the PlayStation version, Dramatic Battle received major improvements with the addition of Reverse Dramatic Battle and allowing three different characters to be used. Also, this is the only port to feature dramatic battle against the entire roster of characters. All other versions limit dramatic battle to boss characters.

Street Fighter Zero 3 was re-released for the arcades in Japan in 2001 under the title of Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper (officially promoted as Street Fighter Zero 3↑). The game was released for the Dreamcast-based NAOMI hardware (rather than the original game's CP System II hardware) and features all the added characters from the console versions of the game. Upper also allows players to upload any customized characters from the Dreamcast version of the game by inserting a VMU into a memory card slot on the cabinet.

A Game Boy Advance version developed by Crawfish Interactive was released in 2002. The GBA version is titled Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper on the title screen. The port is compressed and lacks several stages and music from the previous arcade and console versions, although all characters were present. In addition, Eagle, Maki and Yun, all whom were characters from Capcom vs. SNK 2 (released during the previous year), were also added to the game. Only a small amount of character voices were ported over to this version and the developers raised Ken's voice to a higher pitch and used it as Sakura's voice.

The PlayStation Portable version, titled Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX (Street Fighter Zero 3 Double Upper in Japan, officially promoted as Street Fighter Zero 3↑↑), was released in 2006 and features the additional characters from the GBA version as well as Ingrid from Capcom Fighting Evolution. This version is a near faithful port of the arcade version with minimal (almost non-existent) loading times and all frames and sprites intact. All the added characters now feature their own in-game storylines and endings. The downloadable version on the PlayStation Store has faster loading times than the UMD.

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology for the PlayStation 2 (Street Fighter Zero: Fighters' Generation in Japan) was also released in 2006. It contains the arcade version of Alpha 3 as one of the immediately available games, along with a revised version of Alpha 3 Upper as a secret game. Being a compilation of arcade games, the World Tour Mode that was featured in the previous home ports is not included in this version, nor are the extra characters introduced in the portable versions of the game, although it uses the soundtracks from the home versions. In Upper, said characters are readily available, and since Balrog's theme is used in one of M. Bison's stages, Balrog's stage features his theme from Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
Zack

cool. shenmue could use some of shenmue 2's gameplay tweaks if they want to capture a larger audience though. also remove some of the boring parts they force on you, like the forklifting job..
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #9
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Al, thats all you can ask of this SEGA.

They only develop Sonic and Yakuza these days. With the off Binary domain and Japan only stuff like the Shining series on the PSP.

I think shenmue 3 can happen if the Yakuza team picks it up, but skies i dont think has a chance. As much as that annoys me.

SEGA used to have 9 development teams back in the day. I doubt they have more than 4 these days. Maybe not even that.

Last edited by Nem; 03-14-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #10
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Milking old titles rather than develop one, SEGA ? But ...

After Virtua Fighters 5 Final Showdown, I'll pick Shenmue. Blu-ray compilations is unlikely ; but definitely will be my top choice if available.
Currently Playing : Eternal Sonata [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #11
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

yeah i'm ok with it to. It was the last time they made anything good on a console.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #12
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

I can't see myself playing through Skies again. I love to see a sequel...

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:42 AM   #13
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Yeah I've played Skies Of Arcadia twice and I think that's enough for me though I would like a sequel. Might be tempted by Shenmue though I haven't played it since the Dreamcast.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #14
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

I also played(completed) Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast. It was years ago but I remember it being a fun game. Considering the games I still want to play there is no way I would play it again though. Shenmue HD I might be interested in as I never played the original.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #15
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroopwafel View Post
Shenmue HD I might be interested in as I never played the original.
You'll getting kinda sick hearing "sailor" words for too many times
Currently Playing : Eternal Sonata [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote