The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 03-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #46
Joe Redifer
Olé!

OK I've been reading the comics illegally and because every pirated copy is a guaranteed lost sale I'm pretty sure the authors will be starving to death pretty soon, but I'm OK with that. Anyway, the comic is really good! All of the characters are all extremely exaggerated and cuss more than any human would ever bother to, but it's still very enjoyable. Most everyone is more likeable in the comic and more attractive as well. Instead of a 70-year old bald woman, Carol is a hot young thang. There's no Daryl, no T-Dawg and Carl isn't a dumb little bitch.

I don't think you can spoil the TV show by reading these as the TV show doesn't stick very close to the storyline here. There are definitely similarities, such as that they arrive at a farm, but what happens there is completely different even though an event or two is similar. I've been reading the prison issues for a while now (just finished issue 22) and the Governator still hasn't come in. People keep hyping him up and he's nowhere in sight. I don't care for Michonne so far.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #47
darren
... lol

T dawg and daryl are not in the comics.

Don't think its to much longer till the governor arrives. Theres some cool prison story arc first I think. Also Michonne become ace once the governor shows up.
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)

Last edited by darren; 03-23-2012 at 07:15 PM.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #48
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Alright I have finished reading all of the comics. I noticed that every character cries almost as much as they swear. We're talking about tears STREAMING down their cheeks here. Every issue without exception. I did get bored towards the end, though. The characters aren't that interesting. I hope the show takes a completely different route instead of staying in the sheltered neighborhood for 90 seasons (if how long they stayed on the farm on the TV show vs the comic is any indication of time spent anywhere). I'm not sure if there are any more comics, the last issue I read was #90. It sucked.

It all still seems very comical to me. Dark? Well, I suppose. But It's hard for me to take comics seriously even when the Governor is getting mutilated. And everyone's exaggerated reactions to everything only exacerbate the silliness of it all. I don't think the comic is superior. It's just different. Oh and there is no way Carl could survive with 1/3 of his head missing like that.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #49
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Yeah, I haven't been the biggest fan of the Alexandria Safe-Zone storylines. Seems that they are moving out of that area though. We'll see.

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
Transistor, The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #50
darren
... lol

Agreed .. Hoping they move on ASAP. It started fine but ran a bit dry.

Have you read Crossed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
. Oh and there is no way Carl could survive with 1/3 of his head missing like that.

Dude it's a comic .. Lol ..
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #51
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Then why couldn't Lori survive with only her stomach missing?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #52
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Because the fans all wanted her to die from the start so Kirkman made it so.

Games I'm hyped for
Transistor, The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division
Old 03-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #53
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I cannot suspend disbelief enough for this. A good chunk of his brain is clearly missing, yet a few issues later he's walking and talking like nothing happened. He has perfect balance despite the missing ear and ear canal. I guess they think their audience is stupid.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #54
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Yup.

Games I'm hyped for
Old 03-30-2012, 04:25 AM   #55
Alucard

He's obviously half zombie.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #56
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

I do kind of wish they did just out and kill Carl or Rick. I remember after the Prison storyline when Rick was lookin real bad and Carl was manning up, that I hoped Rick died and the story would have transitioned away from Rick to his son.

Games I'm hyped for
Old 03-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #57
darren
... lol

i wanted them to kill carl .. think they pussied out a bit. Kirkman even said as much when my mate interviewed him for his zombie book
Old 03-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #58
Joe Redifer
Olé!

The zombie Carl might have been an interesting storyline to see if Rick had the balls to shoot him or if he would keep him chained up like other parents did (but hopefully not make out with him). The Carl manning up idea also has merit. He would have been like some sort of zombie-world John Connor who's parent taught him everything he knows and he leads humanity to kick the enemy's asses.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #59
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

They just need to get out of Alexandria. That place is soooo boring. I don't care about any of the original characters from the safe zone, and I barely care about Abraham and that group. Even Glenn is becoming less and less interesting. At least the new issues seem to hint that Alexandria is done.

Maybe they just need to spice up the storyline again with another attempt on Carl's anus.

Games I'm hyped for
Old 03-31-2012, 02:39 AM   #60
Alucard

For the amount of love most of you seem to gush over the comics/tv show, the more comments I read here the more I'm convinced you really dont like it but are making excuses to force yourselves to keep watching it. Like a girl who doesnt like anal but continues to do so for her wealthy boyfriend.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote