The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 02-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Alucard

Alan Wake pc video

Zero interest in the game ever since they changed so much in it and the entire first hour did fuck all for me ont he xbox. But I know some of you want to play it or see how it looks in comparison.

Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I'm definitely excited to play it. I'm not buying it at release since I'm saving up for nice things with my girlfriend and my new PC and a new TV as well, and a new cooker. Everything in my flat just broke at fucking once. But definitely in a few weeks time I shall be getting it, in all it's sexy, defined glory.

Xbox version just looks like you're squinting for the entire game, it's so blurry.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I enjoyed it quite a bit.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
darren
... lol

Very good game indeed. Looking forward to the new stuff
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
justin_credible

Wasn't this an Xbox 1 title? Or I was even thinking it on Dreamcast.

No Saturn.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Nes
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I thought they said this game was never coming out to PC.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:03 AM   #8
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Might have, Microsoft didn't let them. But Remedy are self-publishing the game, and using Steam rather than GFWL. Pretty cool thing for them to do.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #9
Alucard

They were always going to release it for the pc. They just wanted max sales and profits by saying console exclusive. I mean the pc version was practically done.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #10
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Yeah. Remedy wanted it on PC but it was Microsoft who said no. So for them to bypass MS and just publish the games themselves, that's a pretty cool developer in my book, especially since this apparently isn't just a console port, it runs really well. And Steam for teh win.

Thumbs up from me. Game looks quite interesting too. Only 20 for the Collecter's Edition on Steam right now, so they didn't have the cheek to release an old game at full price like Lionhead did with Fable 3.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #11
Alucard

Pretty sure Remedy wasnt bullied by microsoft for the exclusive. They were definitely paid extra to do it.

Quote:
Alan Wake is the second most pirated Xbox 360 game of 2010, with more than 1.1 million downloads.

According to a report by IndustryGamers, sales of Alan Wake would be much higher than previously estimated, at around 1.4 millions, as of December 2011. This includes the digital sales of the game during the Xbox 360 2011 Holiday bundle
Thats pretty funny. Only 1.4mill for an exclusive highly advertised title. And over 1.1 mill pirated copies at least.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #12
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Oh wow, I thought it'd be more than that. 1.4mill still isn't bad of course but for how much hype I saw for it, I expected more. Gears of War 3 sold like 2 or 3 million in the first week.

And yeah you're right actually, just looked it up and Microsoft let Remedy break the exclusivity deal and release Alan Wake on PC 'seven months ago' on an article wrote today.

Quote:
But how did Remedy convince Microsoft - famous for striving to keep its exclusive games exclusive - to finally relax its position on Alan Wake?

"We were like a nagging little kid," Hakkinen explained.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-alan-wake-pc

Nice that Remedy don't seem to just be completely forsaking it's roots as a PC dev at least; that makes it one of the few to not just give us the middle finger and bugger off onto consoles *cough* Bioware.