The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 01-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #91
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

We are speculating. How can you think we're not?

You're using a past record to judge them on, and I'm using what's currently happening, in that many developers have promised to support the console. But neither is 100% going to happen, so we are just speculating about what will happen. Until it releases, we don't know. Unless you've gone into the future and seen it of course, which I doubt. God didn't invent time traveling.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #92
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
I said it before you in this thread. It's MY point, you are just copying me!
That's right, you did. I'm pulling a Microsoft and copying your ideas!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #93
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Maybe Icarus is from the future? That's why his argument isn't based on something uncertain!

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #94
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
We are speculating. How can you think we're not?

You're using a past record to judge them on, and I'm using what's currently happening, in that many developers have promised to support the console. But neither is 100% going to happen, so we are just speculating about what will happen. Until it releases, we don't know. Unless you've gone into the future and seen it of course, which I doubt. God didn't invent time traveling.
All I'm saying is that we can make educated presumptions based upon their track record. The last several years for Nintendo haven't exactly been all rosy.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #95
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

And I can make educated presumptions on what is currently happening too. Things can change, believe it or not.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #96
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
Maybe Icarus is from the future? That's why his argument isn't based on something uncertain!
Don't try using logic against me! My arguments require the unshaped fantasy that the future provides.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #97
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
If Apple ever came into the console race they would seriously destroy.

They are .. The mobile market and iOS already has the largest foot print .. They do that without even trying, it was just an off shoot of iPhone/itouch/iPad popularity . Jobs never planned for gaming to be so popular

. Imagine if they actually put some effort in to the games industry

Quote:
The app store is different though. You wouldn't make a game console with just an app store, you.
Yes you would a portable one, like ones running ios which has a bigger foot pront than any gaming hand held now ...Also give it a gen or two all all home consoles will be dlc aswell .. It's a given
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #98
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Quote:
And I can make educated presumptions on what is currently happening too. Things can change, believe it or not.
They can but that's yet to happen. It's up to Nintendo to fix that. You're optimistic about their future whereas I'm not.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #99
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578 View Post
Don't try using logic against me!
Yeah, I know.

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Old 01-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #100
darren
... lol

Quote:

They're not stupid. They know where they went wrong with the Wii and have openly acknowledged this, and are actively fixing it for the Wii U.

No they are not stupid which is why they will aim the system at its core demo graphic kids/soccer mums and families .. nOT gamers

Nin said the same crap about we have learnt from what went wrong after the n64 and cube .. They learnt plenty .. Change your target audience away from core gamers .. And they did .. Very fucking well

It's almost like they are competing will fucking leapfrog tbh these days! And they already have a gaming tablet .. So Nintendo are copying the, I guess
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 01-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #101
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior
Yeah, I know.
lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316
Yes you would a portable one, like ones running ios which has a bigger foot pront than any gaming hand held now ...Also give it a gen or two all all home consoles will be dlc aswell .. It's a given
Yeah, but I meant a home console. App only wouldn't work. Can't really make a home console with just an app store is what I meant. And as soon as they become full-games, they're not apps, it's just digital distribution. Apple is to apps what Steam is to digitial distribution. I don't think they'll try and crack into the home console market. And I was just arguing they wouldn't just come in and destroy the other 3 competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578
They can but that's yet to happen. It's up to Nintendo to fix that. You're optimistic about their future whereas I'm not.
FINALLY we've gotten somewhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316
No they are not stupid which is why they will aim the system at its core demo graphic kids/soccer mums and families .. nOT gamers

Nin said the same crap about we have learnt from what went wrong after the n64 and cube .. They learnt plenty .. Change your target audience away from core gamers .. And they did .. Very fucking well

It's almost like they are competing will fick leapfrog tbh these days
Nintendo are clever. They're keeping the demographic of families. That's there's, they're not going to lose that. That's why the kept the 'Wii' name. But they're not just catering for them now; now they're actively trying to bring back the other gamers by ensuring the platform has lots of 3rd party releases by catering for the third-party devs. Say what you like about Nintendo, they're fucking good at making money, and so they're optimising how much money they'll make by trying to please both sectors.

With who have already promised to develop for it, it seems to be working too.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #102
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior
Yeah, I know.
Face it -- Batman never was as cool as the X-Men.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #103
darren
... lol

Quote:
lolz

Yeah, but I meant a home console. App only wouldn't work. Can't really make a home console with just an app store is what I meant. And as soon as they become full-games, they're not apps, it's just digital distribution. Apple is to apps what Steam is to digitial distribution. I don't think they'll try and crack into the home console market. And I was just arguing they wouldn't just come in and destroy the other 3 competitors.

FINALLY we've gotten somewhere!

Nintendo are clever. They're keeping the demographic of families. That's there's, they're not going to lose that. That's why the kept the 'Wii' name. But they're not just catering for them now; now they're actively trying to bring back the other gamers by ensuring the platform has lots of 3rd party releases by catering for the third-party devs. Say what you like about Nintendo, they're fucking good at making money, and so they're optimising how much money they'll make by trying to please both sectors.

With who have already promised to develop for it, it seems to be working too.

Apps, digital distribution is the same thing to apple. I took an office suite from the mac app store on my desktop, i can get reason and logic as apps. The latest osx release only came via the app store not retail. Apple are already getting ready to stop retail and go pure elc for the desktop os so they have full control, They are offering full products as apps .. App is just a name . If I was to download a game from steam apple would call that an app.

They say the same thing about 3rd pArties every generation and look what happens. None of them really bother .. I'll believe it when I see it .. More likely to win the euro lottery than nintendo get good 3rdArty support tbh .. No matter what they say
Old 01-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #104
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578 View Post
Face it -- Batman never was as cool as the X-Men.

Games I'm hyped for
Old 01-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #105
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

How does the chip remain crunchy for so long!?