The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #301
justin_credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
Did you get alot of lag when you were playing it? Where the game freezes for a couple of seconds, happens quite alot on my version and half the time there isn't anything going on just when i'm walking about.
Yep those are the graphical glitches I was talking about. It was unbelieveable that whoever was supposed to test that game allowed that to occur.

I will say I really didn't notice it as much as the game went on, but it was still unexcuseable. If not for that I'd give it an 8, but because of that I give it between a 6.5 or a 7. The story and gameplay other than the glitches was fine in my opinion.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #302
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Yeah the story and the gameplay are good easily 7/8. yeah the lag isn't to bad most of the time the reason I mentioned it is because at the moment i'm at the St. Maria's and there is this one hallway you have to keep walking up and down and everytime it's freezes and jiggles about for like 5secs
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #303
justin_credible

Ok I feel the need to do a mini review/rant on this game. Let me say first of all, if you played Heavy Rain and liked it, you absolutely owe it to yourself to play this. And if you haven't played this and Heavy Rain, go do it right now. Now all of that said, there were quite a few times during the game I wanted to throw my controller through the television. There's some button sequences that are sometimes 5 to 10 minutes long and if you mess up you gotta start it all over.

Not only that sometimes there's long scenes you have to sit through and then when you're back in action if you "fail" what you're supposed to do, you have to sit through the God $*#$ scenes again! There was no reason to make you redo some of the things you have to redo. But still this and Heavy Rain are two games any gamer owes it to themselves to play. I had always heard about this but never played it until now and I'm glad I did. I beat Heavy Rain last year before I ever played this.

What's interesting about these games is there are limitless endings to them because it's all based off the choices you make throughout the game.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #304
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

No.49.

I'd be quite happy for these guys to make more Silent Hill in the future I really enjoyed this game.

here's the surprise ending (Downpour's alternative to the UFO endings) no spoilers worth a watch if you aren't planning to get yourself.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #305
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

So it wasn't a 3/10 then?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #306
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
So it wasn't a 3/10 then?
No way! those guys are crazy. I haven't read the review but the main reasons I can see them marking it down is the lag and the chase scenes in the otherworld areas. Personally I would rate it a strong 7. Maybe though the more of a Silent Hill fan you are you tend to overlook things I guess in series' you like I don't know.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #307
darren
... lol

21/04/12 :: Mass Effect 3 :: PC :: 9/10

Awesome game .. 35hours of bliss with 5 mins of WTF?? A franchise ruined as someone here stupidly said?? not a fucking chance ..

21/04/12 :: Diablo 3 beta - Demon Hunter :: PC :: 10/10

Oh my .. Blizzard have crafted a real gem. The open beta is pure bliss .. roll on the 15th may

21/04/12 :: Diablo 3 beta - Monk :: PC :: 10/10

Oh my .. Blizzard have crafted a real gem. The open beta is pure bliss .. roll on the 15th may

21/04/12 :: Diablo 3 beta - Witch Doctor :: PC :: 10/10

XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)

Last edited by darren; 04-21-2012 at 06:22 PM.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #308
Alucard

At least correct your havve spelling error you blizzard whore!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #309
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Witcher 2, after that big update making it the Enhanced Edition.

Nothing else to say really, just still one of the best RPG games I've ever played by far and somehow CD Projekt managed to make it better, and for free. It's the type of game I look back at having paid full price and not regret that decision at all. Really love the new cutscenes, especially with the ending which makes it way less abrupt, fleshes it out a bit more, and means there's more bridging between bits of the story when it used to just cut to '3 days later' and stuff. I guess there was more content but I couldn't tell which were quests I might have missed picking up my first playthrough and which were all-new quests, but there was definitely more shit to do this playthrough. It seemed to get thrown at me more. It asked me to play a tutorial but thankfully CD Projekt put in an option to say no to that. Combat is just as awesome as ever but found myself mis-targeting a lot less.

I sided with Roche instead of Iorveth for the playthrough and it's like an entirely new game! It's quite remarkable, everything is different basically after the first Chapter, I didn't repeat any quests or anything, and means that this game practically is owed 2 playthroughs. Very awesome. Though I did prefer siding with Iorveth over Roach since serving Saskia was better than that arsehole Henselt, and Iorveth was a more interesting character than Roache, but did enjoy that side of the story too. Got Ves into the sack though. THE WITCHER!!

Anyone who can play this game and doesn't should be ashamed!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #310
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
At least correct your havve spelling error you blizzard whore!

Nope to busy wanking over Diablo ..
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #311
Nem
Smash bro!

A more consistant game than the home console versions. Only 2 minus about it are the rival encounters, wich arent nowhere near the level of the home consoles and the fact thats theres only 7 levels opposed to the 9 on the home consoles (not counting the special stages wich play much better than the original ones on Sonic Heroes did).

Overall a better experience and a good Sonic game.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #312
bujeezus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
21/04/12 :: Mass Effect 3 :: PC :: 9/10

Awesome game .. 35hours of bliss with 5 mins of WTF?? A franchise ruined as someone here stupidly said?? not a fucking chance ..

21/04/12 :: Diablo 3 beta - Demon Hunter :: PC :: 10/10

21/04/12 :: Diablo 3 beta - Monk :: PC :: 10/10

21/04/12 :: Diablo 3 beta - Witch Doctor :: PC :: 10/10

i'm not really following what yer tryin to say here...
Old 04-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #313
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Hasn't aged that well but the game is still alot of fun and actually more challenging then I remember curse that Nightmare boss. Though I may have just been spoiled by easier games.

A hell of a improvement over House Of The Dead III that was released a few weeks back that's for sure.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #314
justin_credible

Yeah I'm about 12 years late on this. Bought it when it first came out got to Eve and couldnt beat her and lost my save. About 3 years ago got to disc 2 but my ex-wife had my game collection demolished.

Finally played it from beginning to end. Success.

3rd Birthday will be played soon.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #315
javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
No.49.

I'd be quite happy for these guys to make more Silent Hill in the future I really enjoyed this game.

here's the surprise ending (Downpour's alternative to the UFO endings) no spoilers worth a watch if you aren't planning to get yourself.

Not as classic as Silent Hill 2's ending.

Friend Code: 1246-9222-7767
javi is offline   Reply With Quote