The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
Alucard

Batman Arkham City physix vid + tesselation screenshot

For those who couldnt wait for the pc version, heres the lushnous.

Heres a video of it in motion. So sexy. Even without the extra effects you can see the night and day difference in graphics compared to the consoles.

And heres catwoman with tessellation effects. The boobs...Everything is so curved and nice. If you're not going to play one of the greatest games ever made looking as great as it possibly can, you might as well just shoot yourself.

Click for full size
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
calintz
thank you based god

that vid is so last week, so in another thread
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:06 AM   #3
Alucard

So not in the pc section!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:30 AM   #4
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

sooo curvy...

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
Alucard

Good going devs! Pieces of shit! Looks like City has an issue with working. Dev has suggested we play it in dx9 mode, ala xbox mode, because dx11 is broken at the moment and they're patching it. So we waited what...a month longer for release because they said they wanted to fix some issues. Yeah, totally bought it like all the other devs that say this about delayed pc games. Max console sales from people who cant wait for the pc version. Good going stooges. I'll wait till this is fixed before I play it. If I wanted an xbox game I'd play it on there.

Quote:
"We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience with your gameplay experience and thank you all for your patience as we work to resolve this issue."

Instructions for changing DX 11 to DX 9

The Launcher can be accessed on Games for Windows LIVE and Steam to change DX 11 to DX 9 in the Settings menu. Change both DirectX 11 Features and DirectX 11 Tessellation to OFF.

Games for Windows LIVE
Start > All Programs > Games > Right click on Batman: Arkham City and select Launcher > Settings

Open the Start Menu
Select All Programs and then the Games folder
Right click on Batman: Arkham City and select Launcher
Choose Settings then click on the arrow next to DX options to change

Steam:
Launch Steam Client > Library > Right click on Batman: Arkham City > Configure PC Options

Open Steam
Select Library
Right click on Batman: Arkham City and select Configure PC Options
Choose Settings then click on the arrow next to DX options to change
Old 11-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
darren
... lol

waiting till the new year for this anyway
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
Zack

typical pc game release. always have to wait months to play them properly.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

See, I've said this twice now, and can't figure out why people are attacking them so hard for this. Give them a break. 99% of developers now don't give a shit about PC and don't even bother giving us anything more than what the consoles get. Rocksteady are one of the many many few who are actually working to give us more, and use DX11. So don't just attack them and bitch about them when things don't go to plan. At least they're trying, and are still trying, rather than just give up on PC.

So attacking them seems like a rather stupid thing to do when they're in the minority of developers using DX11 and actually doing stuff just for PC. In a world of games with no dedicated server support, no button re-mapping, no FOV switching, console graphics, etc. let's not jump against them.

They could have delayed it further, or done what they did and release it so we can play it. And I'm happy with the choice they made, because it's an awesome game I want to play.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #9
Alucard

Thats not really the case though. They're not a small developer. They dont have small funds. They have plenty. This is also the same engine that was used on the previous game so thats less work since they didnt need to create an engine from scratch. There are far smaller devs out there who actually get things working perfectly. I'm pretty sure its easier to get a dx11 game working on the pc then it is to work with an engine and create it to the limits of a console, making sure it'll run without looking completely shit, limit your level design this way or that because of the hardware etc. They say consoles are easier to program for. Thats only because theres 1 set combination. But they still spend probably just as many hours trying to work with one hand tied behind their back.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #10
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I know that it should have been there Day 1 and they don't have much excuse to it, I'm nt ignoring that fact, and it sure is annoying that it won't be in the box at release. But regardless, since developers willing to work in DX11 and give PC gamers more is such a small minority, I don't see the reason why people will just flame them so harshly for it.

Go flame the devs who give us no dedicated servers and unsupported games. Go flame them, not a developer who, regardless of if they're succeeding or not, is one of the few giving PC gamers what we should be getting from everybody.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #11
Alucard

I generally flame if I'm expecting something I want. If I have zero interest in their game, like MW3 for example, their shitty server system wont bother me since I expect rubbish from them day 1. This DX11 issue is stupid. If they knew about the issue then theres no reason why they couldnt just inform us before the game was out that it would take a little time before its fixed. I have no problems with that sort of thing. As long as we know before hand. Total War Shogun 2 didnt ship with DX11 in the box but they said it would come with the first patch, which it did a month later. What these guys did was say nothing as they wanted sales. And being a month delayed already? Piss poor.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
Chronos
fuggit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
I generally flame if I'm expecting something I want. If I have zero interest in their game, like MW3 for example, their shitty server system wont bother me since I expect rubbish from them day 1. This DX11 issue is stupid. If they knew about the issue then theres no reason why they couldnt just inform us before the game was out that it would take a little time before its fixed. I have no problems with that sort of thing. As long as we know before hand. Total War Shogun 2 didnt ship with DX11 in the box but they said it would come with the first patch, which it did a month later. What these guys did was say nothing as they wanted sales. And being a month delayed already? Piss poor.
this
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I don't think that's the case at all. I'd rather them release it rather than delay it further, and they probably did too. If they wanted nothing but sales, they wouldn't even bother with Physx or Directx11, and would have given up on it rather than release it at a later date to the game. Be glad we're even getting such an awesome game, when other developers aren't even releasing some of their games on our platforms and leaving games broken, buggy, and unplayable.

Last edited by KingOfSentinels; 11-25-2011 at 06:50 PM.
KingOfSentinels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #14
Drunken Savior

I just don't get it....this shouldn't have been a surprise for them, they must have known it wasn't DX11 ready. This is wrong. It's akin to owning up to something after you get caught instead of coming clean before hand. Bad, Rocksteady, Bad! Now go stand in the corner.

And don't tell me I shouldn't be upset because they are one of the few companies still supporting advanced technology on PC rigs. I'm not going to bend over for anyone who pulls this kind of crap. Once the game is fixed, I'll get it for sure. It's still an excellent game, possibly Game of the Year, but they knowingly released it unfinished in a major way by not having it support DX11 from the get go.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:06 AM   #15
Alucard

What they could of done was release it at the same time as when the console version came out with a message saying DX11 will come in the first patch as its not working right now, thats what happened with Shogun 2. But instead they said nothing and delayed it for a month, which is blatant console sales related.