The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Alucard

GoG sale

There are a shitload of awesome games up for $2.99 at the link below. Some are the legendary Outcast, Master of Orion, Star Control, and The enhanced version of The Witcher, though thats $4.99

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/atari_co...ari_collection

Last edited by Alucard; 12-07-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 03:56 AM   #2
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Bought entire thing. Already got Witcher, but, it deserves to be bought twice.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
Alucard

New sale is up for the weekend

Some good stuff there. I remember when I played the first Creatures game. Blew me away. I've wanted to play it for years again but didnt know what it was up to or if the new ones were any good. Exodus seems to be Creatures 3 and some expansion. Classed as one of the most complex in the series and very good. I'll be buying it for sure. Creatures Albion Years is the first 2 games and some expansion pack. I love GoG so much.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Damnit GOG! Why don't get they Hunter Hunted and Flashback and Fade to Black up there, I keep bitching to them and they ignore me > : (
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #5
Alucard

Holiday sale is on!

Quote:
Starting on this Thursday, we’ll have The Witcher 2 on an eye-popping 40% off discount for 48 hours AND we’re bundling in a free copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition with any purchase of The Witcher 2. We’ll be running this from 11.00 GMT on Thursday 8 December until 10.59 GMT on 10 December, and it’s the best bargain we’re going to have on the Witcher series this holiday season!

Then, on Saturday, we will start a season of holiday celebrations by awarding a number of game codes to you guys! We’ll have copies of Master of Orion I + II, courtesy of GOG and Atari, copies of Realms of Arkania I + II, and lots of codes for $5.99 and $9.99 games. We’ll be giving them away through social media (that’s Facebook and Twitter) as well as through our forums right here on GOG.com! Be sure to check in with us this weekend and you just might win an awesome game or two from us.

Finally, we’re starting our winter sale with a huge bang--we’re giving anyone a free copy of Empire Earth Gold Edition for 48 hours. Starting on Monday 12 December at 11.00 GMT and running until Wednesday 14 December at 10.59 GMT, anyone can add Empire Earth: Gold Edition to his or her shopping cart for free as a holiday gift from us to you! Also, starting on Monday at 11.00 GMT, GOG.com is adding virtually every single game in our catalog for 50% off from now until 2 January 2012. Pick up games from fantastic publishers and developers like EA, Interplay, Atari, Activision, Sierra, and many more for half off this holiday season!

With an incredible 50% off Holiday Promo, we hope that we’ve solved all your holiday shopping needs, whether its an action-packed shooter like Painkiller for your cousin Timmy, a great thinking-man’s chess game like Chessmaster 9000 for your Uncle Bob, or even a restaurant-management simulation like Restaurant Empire to try and encourage your crazy roommate to learn how to cook, you will be able to pick it all up from GOG.com at incredible holiday savings!

That first part is awesome. Buy witcher 2 on special, get witcher 1 for free. For anyone who hasnt played this game yet this is pretty much the best time to do it, or at least get it for a little later.

http://www.gog.com/en/news/gog_com_s...re_almost_here
Old 12-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
good enough deal for me! Too bad they don't have it if you already have it with them then you can gift the game.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #7
Alucard

Its happening again, go get some awesome old games that put todays stuff to shame! Everything from $3-$5 in the list. And a fucking awesome pack of Might and Magic 1-6 for $5. Thats gold right fucking there. Just bought that and M&M 7 too. $8 for about 1 billion hours of open world rpg gaming. I'm visiting my childhood again.

http://www.gog.com/en/page/xmas11
Old 01-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
Alucard

Current sale up

I actually had fun with ghost master. Until it got super hard and I started sucking. It was awesome seeing stages based off this or that horror film. Like the first stage is the house from Evil Dead.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
Alucard

New one up. This ones fairly cool.

Basically if you buy IW 1 and 2, you get one of them for free. So think of it as a %50 discount if you buy 2 titles from that listing. Plus they give you Temple of Elemental Evil for free if you dont already have it. Awesome dungeon crawler. If you've never played planescape torment you owe it to yourself to get it. Each game is $9.99 but if you buy all of them it'd be 9 games for $39.96. Enjoy Bioware games of when they used to be good, not the standard fair sludge they're serving today.

http://www.gog.com/page/promo_buy1_get1
Old 02-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #10
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Holy crap, epic. Buying every single one of them. Cheers for that post.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
Northeastmonk

Dragonshard and Demon Stone (Patrick Stewart does a voice in that one) are probably the two I'd pass on; but the rest are well worth the purchase. Too bad I already own them all on GOG already.

Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #12
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Basically if you buy IW 1 and 2, you get one of them for free.
no you dont'

read the advert ..LOL

you also get this for free . win win

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_t...elemental_evil
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:44 AM   #13
Alucard

Quote:
For each $9.99 D&D game from Hasbro you buy, you get another $9.99 D&D game for free AND get Temple of Elemental Evil free as well!

If you buy Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 along with Icewind Dale 1 and 2, in one order - that's 4 games in total - you will get two of those games for free.
I can read!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #14
darren
... lol

just making sure

oh Ice Wind crashes after the character create stage and Ice Wind 2 is full of trojans .. other than that great so far ..LOL
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #15
Alucard

lol awesome. False negatives, thanks bioware! Did you check to see if theres any patches that came with the game?