The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 09-11-2011, 03:17 AM   #1
calintz
thank you based god

Syndicate

Quote:
A member at a swedish forum has dug up some new info about the new Starbreeze Syndicate game, which will probably be revealed next week. The game description was put up early on the EA Origin store together with some screenshots.

Quote:
Syndicate is the re-imagination of a cult classic franchise from 1993 - a unique action shooter set in a not too distant future, where Business is War.

2069 – No longer governed by politicians, the developed world is divided up into regions controlled by megacorporations known as Syndicates. These Syndicates have revolutionized how the consumer interacts with the digital world. No longer does the consumer require a device to access the world・s data and control their technology, they can do this at the blink of an eye via neural chip implant. Civilians flocked to be :chip・d; and enjoy all that their selected Syndicate has to offer; housing, medical, banking, insurance, education, entertainment and jobs. One complete package. One complete lifestyle. In return, the Syndicates gained unprecedented insights, and control, over the individual and their behaviour. With little governmental oversight, business has become war. The Syndicates will stop at nothing for ultimate market dominance. At the front line of this war are the Agents, the Syndicate・s bio-engineered and chip-augmented enforcers. They can breach anything in the wired world including their enemies, their weapons and the environment that surrounds them, making them the most efficient and deadly technological weapons in the world.

Take on the role of Miles Kilo, Eurocorp・s latest prototype agent, and embark on a brutal action adventure of corruption and revenge.

• Chip Enhanced Gameplay: Slow down time, see through walls, and breach your enemy and everything digital in the world with Dart vision – A neural DART6 chip implant that allows you to interface directly with the Dataverse.

• 4-Player Online Co-op: Assemble your Syndicate for global domination. A 4-player, online co-op experience like no other, with chip enhanced gameplay and 9 missions re-imagined from the original Syndicate.

• Visceral FPS Experience: Utilize an upgradable arsenal of futuristic weapons, armor and gear to annihilate your enemies and harvest their chip technology for personal advancement and sinister corporate greed.

• Sci-Fi Fiction: Immerse yourself in the world of Syndicate 2069, with a world-class sci-fi story experience, written by bestselling author Richard Morgan.

It is rumored that the game will be revealed in the next issue of the Swedish Gamereactor magazine which will arrive next week.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444322
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 03:40 AM   #2
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Looks cool to me. I especially hope they decide to release the original version for PS3 and 360 as a downloadable title in order to drum up interest in the new game. That would be fantastic.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
Alucard

Aaaah my amiga memories raped by another fps conversion.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:14 AM   #4
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Starbreeze are a solid studio, should be good.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:00 AM   #5
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Looks cool to me. I especially hope they decide to release the original version for PS3 and 360 as a downloadable title in order to drum up interest in the new game. That would be fantastic.
They should include it on the disc.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
They should include it on the disc.
Yup. Konami's Metal Gear can do that. Why can't they ?

Personally, never played this title before.
Currently Playing : Eternal Sonata [PS3] - God Of War Ascension [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #7
darren
... lol

Errr konami didn't put old metal gear on the disc with the new game did they? Not sure why they would do that here
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #8
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I believe Metal Gear 1 and 2 came with one of the MGS special editions if I remember correctly.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #9
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Including it on the disc itself wouldn't greatly influence sales IMO. Besides, the games play nothing alike. But sell the first one on its own and you raise awareness while making extra money at the same time.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
I believe Metal Gear 1 and 2 came with one of the MGS special editions if I remember correctly.
Hmmm not something I recall. Certainly didn't happen with mgs4

There was this on ps2. Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection (Special Edition) . It had all three but I think it came out after mgs3 .. Usual publisher cow milking stuff .. Bit like the hd collection .
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 09-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #11
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316 View Post
Hmmm not something I recall. Certainly didn't happen with mgs4

There was this on ps2. Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection (Special Edition) . It had all three but I think it came out after mgs3 .. Usual publisher cow milking stuff .. Bit like the hd collection .
It was the Subsistence version of MGS3. It included 1&2.

They are also being included on the Blu-Ray of the MGS collection.

The original Splatterhouse was also included on the game disc if I recall correctly.

They should do the same here.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #12
darren
... lol

Well obviously the are on the MGS hd collection. It would hardly be a collection with out them would it.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #13
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Aaaah my memories raped by another fps conversion.

This.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #14
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Well it's not like the original games are suddenly going to vanish you can always play them and ignore this if you like.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #15
calintz
thank you based god

Quote:
EA and Starbreeze Studios Announce the Revival of the Cult Classic Franchise Syndicate

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) and Starbreeze Studios today announced the reinvention of Syndicate, a storied franchise at EA. Created by an all-new development team from the awarding-winning studio that brought gamers The Chronicles of Riddick and The Darkness, Starbreeze Studios delivers a unique and brutal sci-fi first-person shooter experience set in a not too distant future, where business is war. Players take on the role of Miles Kilo, Eurocorp's latest prototype agent, and embark on an epic action adventure full of corruption and revenge.

"We are excited to finally reveal what we've been working on the past couple years," says Mikael Nermark, CEO of Starbreeze Studios. "It's been a great experience working with EA, and an amazing opportunity for us to use our expertise in the first person shooter and action genres to bring back, and reignite, the signature action/espionage gameplay of Syndicate."

Set in 2069, Syndicate takes players into a dark, Machiavellian world run without government oversight with many syndicates vying for total dominance of their local market place. With no one to question their intentions or actions, three mega corporations — Eurocorp, Cayman Global, and Aspari — are at the forefront of this brutal war for control of the pivotal American market. In the world of Syndicate, everything is digitally connected, including the people. Players aren't limited to the weapons in their hands. Through DART 6 bio-chip technology implanted in their head, players can slow down time and breach the digital world around them to take down their foes using a variety of upgradable hacking mechanics. Syndicate's blend of fast-paced, futuristic, action shooter settings and story combined with innovative chip breach gameplay instantly immerses players in a unique digital world.

"Our goal with Syndicate is to provide a challenging action shooter for today's gamers as well as fans of the original. I'm sure they will enjoy and recognize the legacy that made it such a classic," says Jeff Gamon, EA Partners Executive Producer. "Fans of the franchise will recognize many weapons and environments in the game, but in a whole new way. The game also provides a separate and deep 4-player co-op mode featuring missions from the original cult classic, which adds another layer of depth to the overall experience."

Syndicate will be available in early 2012 for the PlayStation3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system and the PC. For more information on Syndicate, please visit www.syndicate.ea.com.
lol

remember the hatred when fallout 3 was announced as a FPS?
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote