I spotted a Cor Blimey!
Old 11-09-2011, 03:25 AM   #77
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

lol Naoko

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:33 AM   #78
calintz
thank you based god

new screenshots: http://andriasang.com/comywy/
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #79
Northeastmonk

Quote:
Dragon Quest X was released in Japan today and is an important milestone for several reasons. Not only is it the first MMO in the Dragon Quest series, but it's also the first MMORPG the Wii has ever had. To make a game like this even possible on the Wii, DQX requires a 16 Gig USB memory stick for all the installation files.

And as for the install itself? Well, for me it took an hour and ten minutes (50 minutes for disc 1 and 20 minutes for disc 2). And I'm not the only one stunned by the long install. Japanese players are complaining about it as well. Those PS3 install times don't seem so bad now, do they?

Dragon Quest X was released on August 2, 2012 for the Nintendo Wii in Japan. Stay tuned to Kotaku East for our import preview late next week.
http://kotaku.com/5931151/and-you-th...g=dragonquestx

Quote:
With DQX right around the corner, here's a friendly reminder that the game requires 16GB or greater of USB memory to play.

You can buy the game with a thumbstick bundle that comes with an in-game hat or you can buy an official standalone, which is priced at around 2,000 (US$25). It comes with an in-game shirt. Or you could just pay half that for a regular USB flash drive, sans in-game threads!

Dragon Quest X will be released on the Wii on August 2 in Japan.
http://kotaku.com/5926243/dont-forge...g=dragonquestx

16 GB is a lot, almost like a PC install.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #80
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I remember when console players laughed at PC games needing an install...
Old 08-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #81
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
I remember when console players laughed at PC games needing an install...
Right... but still it doesn't make it any less shit either.

The PS3 is bad because it forces you to install even when there is no Xbox360 game that requires a install.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #82
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

At least our installs take a few seconds, not a few hours, and we can actually do stuff in the mean time.

I think they should have pushed back this and had it as a launch window title for the Wii U rather than have it on the Wii; I'm impressed as hell that they got this working so well on the Wii but I look at the necessity of buying a 16GB memory stick and an hour install and just think that's hardly anyone's ideal situation is it?
Old 08-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #83
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Some PC games take a good while to install aswell. Crysis is one for sure as I've had the pleasure.

Yeah should have been a WiiU title but maybe there scared no one is going to buy the WiiU at first. While the Wii still has a huge install base and it's Dragon Quest afterall.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #84
Alucard

Crysis had shit programming. Thats pretty much general knowledge. So the install was shit too. From a shit company.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #85
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Crysis had shit programming. Thats pretty much general knowledge. So the install was shit too. From a shit company.
Yeah you don't like em' I know. Though I've played 4 Crytek games and they've all been good. I'm sure it's not the only game that takes a while to install though.

I've had a few PC games cut out halfway through the install because of some glitch or crash and had to start the whole process again. There was one game I had to go hunting for a damn obscure patch just to start playing because the install wouldn't register without the patch. Also there's been older games that will quit out the install because they don't work correctly on Vista/7 and I need to open them in a older mode etc. Not as plain sailing as with a console really especially for an amateur who just wants to play the damn game.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #86
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Well you can't fault older games for that, at least you can make them work eventually. How do you make old console games work? By re-buying them. I'd take the PC method any day.

And I've never had the problems you've had, I'd say it's something to do with your PC rather than the games if you've got installs fucking up, a good PC doesn't crash like that, I haven't had a game crash on me for ages. Everyone installs programs on their PC though, we've all done installations and in modern days all it comes down to is pressing 'Next' about 6 times, so game installs aren't exactly alien and confusing to the common person.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #87
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Please, PC gaming is so distinct from the retro consoles that it's not even worth comparing them. On the other hand, modern consoles are much more similar to PCs: you've got installations, patches, firmware downloads, online, et al.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #88
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
And I've never had the problems you've had, I'd say it's something to do with your PC rather than the games if you've got installs fucking up. Everyone installs programs on their PC though, we've all done installations and in modern days all it comes down to is pressing 'Next' about 6 times, so game installs aren't exactly alien and confusing to the common person.
It's not my PC as it's happened on multiple systems including desktops and laptops over the years. While everyone install programs to there PC and it's easy installing games isn't always as easy as installing some tiny little program in my experience.

Much easier on the consoles though I don't do it unless I have to MGS4, Rage etc.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #89
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Most game installs are just 'Next, Next, I Agree, Next, Install Path, Next, Wait, Finish'.

Maybe because I've been a PC gamer my entire life it's hard for me to have an outside view about installs since I'm so used to them. That's generally a console's strong-point though; it's simple and you can buy it on a store shelf and it just works out the box. PC has always been a more in-depth experience, and it's not for everyone.

I like putting in the time to get a better experience though, it's why I play PC. Before playing a game I've spent hours scouring sites for good mods and stuff, or I just poke Alucard till he tells me good ones. I don't mind investing more into something in order to get more out of it.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #90
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

From my rather limited PC experience, genres such as war/strategy, RPGs and FPS work best on them, whereas action/platformers, adventure and fighting/beat-'em-ups work best on consoles.

As for DQX, honestly, the only thing I'm interested in is Koichi Sugiyama's soundtrack.