The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 08-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #76
Joe Redifer
Olé!

About the free games... will each take up a single spot on the 3DS "wall" or can they all be grouped in to a folder so there isn't so much god damn clutter? One thing I hated about the Wii is that everything took up its own square at all times and could not be placed into a directory. Surely they've learned by now, right? This is Nintendo after all, surely they are intelligent.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #77
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
About the free games... will each take up a single spot on the 3DS "wall" or can they all be grouped in to a folder so there isn't so much god damn clutter? One thing I hated about the Wii is that everything took up its own square at all times and could not be placed into a directory. Surely they've learned by now, right? This is Nintendo after all, surely they are intelligent.
It's Nintendo, so that feature should reach their next console in 2018 or so.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #78
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Shit. That's cheap, I was going to buy a new phone, but 3ds does sound enticing.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:57 AM   #79
darren
... lol

Even with that much money off I'm still not interested tbh ... And the more I think about it the more I can't be arsed with my vita pre order right now.
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #80
Alucard

Iphone has about 4 billion more games then the 3DS. And yes, I'm talking quality ones.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #81
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I can think of Chaos Rings and Zenonia 1-3 off the top of my head that look interesting from what I've seen.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #82
Alucard

Theres heaps of rpgs. I mean heaps.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #83
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
quiet angry birds lover! you're the reason PC gaming is dying!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #84
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Iphone has about 4 billion more games then the 3DS. And yes, I'm talking quality ones.
Just about everything has more games than the 3DS.

Yet iPhone games, as much as I enjoy them, don't hold a candle to the games you find on PSP, DS, or even GBA.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #85
Alucard

They're on par in some cases. Theres more big publishers/developers on the handhelds, but considering heaps of the iphone games are from small indie style devs, its pretty impressive. Seriously, I could list about 20 rpgs and other random games that are worth owning, not including casual games like angry birds or Spider.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #86
darren
... lol

Some are more than on par both interim of depth, visuals and game play. Groove is one of the best rhythm action games I've evervplayed on any system. It by tatio has an amazing sound track and was 99p on sale day.

Theres a massive varity of games if you can be arsed to seach the store, He'll there's even a very good wow style mom if you wanted.

Seriously both nin and Sony need to check there mobile gaming business models. As apple could take them to town if they insist on 20-40£ games
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 08-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #87
Seraph

On par with maybe some lesser PSP/DS games but there is no comparison with games with the depth, polish and design of say Dragon Quest 9, Monster Hunter Portable and Metal Gear Portable Ops.

Right now I'm playing Y's 7, there isn't any game on iPhone that comes close to it's experience.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #88
darren
... lol

Mate sorry a full mmo on a iPhone/iPad takes monster hunter to town in terms of depth. And any other rpg for that matter on handhelds IMO

And as I said there are plenty of titles with as much polish as the ones you mentioned on iPad if you go looking for them. You personally might not like them but it doesn't mean they are not there. And they are way cheaper.

Onlive works on iPad ... That's loads of current pc game running on your iPad direct ... How much more polish do you want ... Check out the YouTube bids of it going from e3

More and more mobile stuff from all the big software houses will come to apple first purely base on units sold ...

People dont like it ..but I'll put good money on it being the cased.. I'm 99% sure vita will have the same issues 3rd has right now ..and it's the fact people don't want to carry loads of devices around anymore ... Rebel fm were talking about the exact thing this week on there pod cast .. Very interesting what guys in the industry think .. Basically the same as me .. I guess time will tell.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #89
Dandadda
Soul Silver - 1978 3113 2164

If this price drop is heralding the end of the Nintendo era and their slow decline to obscurity, I just hope nintendo brings out a pokemon MMORPG before they bite the dust...
Old 08-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #90
Seraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316 View Post
Mate sorry a full mmo on a iPhone/iPad takes monster hunter to town in terms of depth.
Question: What's the furthest you've ever gotten in any Monster Hunter game? Forgive me if I have doubts that a $7 Gameloft developed WoW clone has more depth than the most popular game series in Japan. Especially since every other Gameloft game I’ve played were very shallow, albeit pretty looking, rip offs of existing games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316 View Post
And as I said there are plenty of titles with as much polish as the ones you mentioned on iPad if you go looking for them.
Name me some. Lets set the bar at Dragon Quest 9, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, and Metal Gear Peace Walker. And just a reminder, polish doesn't just mean pretty graphics.