The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 07-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #16
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

Its like wow and me had a baby. Simply amazing. If you like either of those, go pre-order it now.

Last edited by CongoJack; 07-09-2011 at 03:02 PM.
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #17
darren
... lol

its been on order since it was first shown last year...just hope they do a wow like special ed
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:12 AM   #18
darren
... lol

well i'll be cancelling my pre order for the standard edition and pre ordering this the minute i can .. thats for sure

http://sfx-360.com/newsite/poland-le...-edition-info/

Quote:
Poland Leaks SWTOR Collector’s Edition Info

Quote:
Earlier today the internets were buzzing due to a possible leaked image of the Star Wars: The Old Republic collector’s edition. Leaked from a Polish retail site, there is a strong possibility that the information in this could be false, misinterpreted, or just flat out an entirely fake picture. I’ve learned to not trust anything about SWTOR until BioWare has officially stated it, but there has yet to be a denial or confirmation of the image showing what looks to be a very legitimate Collector’s Edition.

The Image above has SWTOR fans and fanatics in all the rage. An important note is that in the bottom left corner it states “*Work In Progress Art.” While the box art is awesome, it is subject to changes. In fact, all of this is subject to change and you will have to find out for sure if this is the actual Collector’s Edition on Thursday 21st at Comic-Con:

Earlier today the internets were buzzing due to a possible leaked image of the Star Wars: The Old Republic collector’s edition. Leaked from a Polish retail site, there is a strong possibility that the information in this could be false, misinterpreted, or just flat out an entirely fake picture. I’ve learned to not trust anything about SWTOR until BioWare has officially stated it, but there has yet to be a denial or confirmation of the image showing what looks to be a very legitimate Collector’s Edition.

The Image above has SWTOR fans and fanatics in all the rage. An important note is that in the bottom left corner it states “*Work In Progress Art.” While the box art is awesome, it is subject to changes. In fact, all of this is subject to change and you will have to find out for sure if this is the actual Collector’s Edition on Thursday 21st at Comic-Con:

Limited Edition Collector’s Edition Includes:

-Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus statue
-Star Wars: The Old Republic game discs in collectible metal case
-The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural annotated by Satele Shan
-Old Republic galaxy map
-Custom Security Authentication Key (i.e. Authenticator)
-Exclusive Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD
-High-Quality Collector’s Edition Box

The Collector’s Edition will also include seven digital items:

-Flare Gun: Fire flares into the air
-Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance
-HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer
-HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures
-STAP: Sleek and unique in-game vehicle
-Exclusive Mouse Droid: Spun-ky droid to join your adventures
-Exclusive Collector’s Edition Store: Unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items

This SWTOR nerd is very excited about this leak, whether or not it is real. Things to note: Darth Malgus statue from Gentle Giant, authenticator, STAP (those personal speeders you see the droids riding on in Episode 1), and combat assisting companion. We all know about companions in SWTOR, but this one sounds as though it will be in addition to those. We’ll just have to wait and see what goes down at Comic-Con in a couple of days
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 07-20-2011, 05:32 AM   #19
Alucard

I'd like the pack that comes with EVERYTHING plz
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #20
CongoJack

That's sold out through EA's site already, also looks like preorder gets you into the launch early, which is also fucking lame.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #21
darren
... lol

i pre ordered the normal one ages ago .. has my early access code arrvie today .. wooo wooo
Old 07-22-2011, 12:58 AM   #22
Alucard

Every mmo has early start codes if you preorder. But its like anywhere from a few days to a week. Games not out for 4 billion years yet.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #23
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

http://kotaku.com/5823736/star-wars-...ia-australasia

Quote:
As though we were still living in the 1990's, it's come to light that when upcoming MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic is released, it'll only be released (at first) in North America and Europe.

If you live in Australia, and expected to be playing when those in the US, Canada or Europe were playing, sorry, you miss out. Japan, you miss out. New Zealand, Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, India, Taiwan, you miss out.

A statement issued by developers BioWare on the issue reads:

To all of our fans outside of North America and Europe:

Today we've announced the pre-order details for the initial launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic, and as you may now know, we've taken the difficult but necessary decision to limit our initial launch supply for the game. BioWare and LucasArts are completely focused on building an exceptional game and an exceptional game service to go with it. We decided to constrain our launch capacity to ensure we deliver a great experience to every player.

Part of the reason this decision was made was because of the overwhelming demand for The Old Republic, and we're humbled by that level of excitement and anticipation. We fully intend to deliver to you an amazing game when we expand our service post-launch, but right now we cannot commit to any timeframe for when that may happen. As soon as we have more information about additional launches in more territories, we'll let you know.

We are committed to delivering Star Wars: The Old Republic to BioWare and Star Wars fans around the world, and to growing a truly global community.

To recap, EA and BioWare cannot commit to a timeframe for the release of a game that is played over the internet. In 2011. Ridiculous.
Ready to wait for another 2 years.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #24
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

lolfail
Old 07-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #25
CongoJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Every mmo has early start codes if you preorder. But its like anywhere from a few days to a week. Games not out for 4 billion years yet.
No this is a more recent development. None of the older big name mmo's did this, thinking wow and back. I'd be shocked if the game wasn't out by the end of the year.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #26
darren
... lol

its november according to the shops here
Old 07-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #27
Alucard

They can pretty much fuck off for that. I'll wait till the first expansion is out and then consider playing it.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #28
Alucard

If you were thinking about getting the game then you should hurry cause theres only going to be a limited amount lol

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...d-digital.aspx

Quote:
According to the representative speaking at this demo, EA and BioWare made the choice to limit the number of copies of the game available for purchase in order to assure a smooth launch. It's fairly common for popular MMOs to suffer from long wait times and server crashes for the first few months after launch because of the stress put on servers. EA says it would rather make sure the experience is quality for the first gamers to get in than to sell as many copies as possible but ensure a subpar experience for everyone.

The representative said that EA has an exact number set for how many copies will be sold before the publisher turns off digital sales, but they aren't going to share that number. If it is hit, the publisher will be working non-stop to expand its server capabilities as quickly as possible so the game can once again be open to new players. However, the representative was unsure if this would take hours, weeks, or as long as a month.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #29
darren
... lol

but when they say limited numbers .. .they have already said 3 mil sale in first month so .. limted to 3 mil is fine by me
Old 08-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #30
Alucard

You know theres like 4 billion star wars fans ready to kill your grandmother to get a copy.