Awesome! 1 4.17%
Not bad 15 62.50%
Quite bads. 4 16.67%
shitbagels 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #16
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

After people whined about the 3DS price, they would have been stupid to go too much higher than it.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #17
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmetal View Post
Yeah the price was great, at least for the US. Wonder how much of a loss Sony are taking on it.

Sony said they are planning on to make money on the hardware in 3 years time.
I doubt they're making any loss on it. You'll notice they always overcharge the rest of the world compared to the US so it makes up for the lower price over there. $249 for US. $100 more for Europe for example taking currency conversion. Dont feel bad for sony.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #18
progmetal
!

Everybody overcharge us, not just Sony.

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal
progmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #19
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

IGN list:

Quote:
Best Overall Game: BioShock Infinite
Best Xbox 360 Game: BioShock Infinite
Best P3 Game: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Best Wii Game: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Best PC Game: BioShock Infinite
Best Action Game: Tomb Raider
Best Fighting Game: Street Fighter X Tekken
Best Strategy Game: Prime World
Best Racing Game: Forza Motorsports 4
Best Roleplaying Game: Mass Effect 3
Best Shooter: BioShock Infinite
Coolest Tech: Wii U Controller
Most Anticipated: Gears of War 3
Which I think is ridonkulous.

Battlefield 3 should get Best Shooter and PC game. Skyrim easily should have got best RPG. For action game I would have picked Assassin's Creed or Arkham City over Tomb Raider, but that still looks like a great game. And Best Overall and Most Anticipated should have been a fight between the titles I've mentioned already.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #20
darren
... lol

Why should bf3 be best? Have you played both it and bio shock? Personally thought bio shock looked amazing. Much more fun than bf3 for me in terms of shooters, as I rarely play them on line

Again have you played skyrim? A few people reporting out of e3 have said it's a nice looking snorefest.
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #21
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Tomb Raider was awesome in E3 presentation. Totally awesome. Crystal clear graphic, cinematic gameplay.

I'm just not sure old tricks or controls playing Tomb Raider in the past can be use again.
Currently Playing : Eternal Sonata [PS3] - God Of War Ascension [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #22
darren
... lol

Totally .. Only thing pissed me off with it was then they said fall 2012 ...
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 06-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #23
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316 View Post
Why should bf3 be best? Have you played both it and bio shock? Personally thought bio shock looked amazing. Much more fun than bf3 for me in terms of shooters, as I rarely play them on line

Again have you played skyrim? A few people reporting out of e3 have said it's a nice looking snorefest.
Opposite for me, I think Bioshock is just a very standard shooter so I'm not expecting anything less, especially since the rails, sure they look cool, but I can imagine zipping round just getting old quickly. It's not like the rails are completely open, they're linear; you jump on them from where the game wants you to. It'll be Spirit Tracks all over again. I've played both the Bioshock games though and yeah they're fun, but nowhere near as fun as Battlefield. All the explosions and stuff happening on-screen gives it a great atmosphere of war, and I've always been a big BF fan. Looking forward to it.

As for Skyrim, I've heard fantastic things about it. And it looks great too. Mass Effect is barely an RPG anymore; Mass Effect 2 is pretty much just an action game but with RPG elements flung in.

Also, Kotaku conducted a poll of all readers about favorite games, and BF3 hit #1. Only 3% voted Bioshock Infinite as their favourite game of E3.

http://kotaku.com/5810589/these-are-...mes-of-e3-2011
Old 06-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #24
darren
... lol

Must be true if kotaku or gin said so ...lol ... Any way it's the demo they took to e3 for sky rim which was dull. Not showing it off well

The thing I love about bioshock is the fact it's all about the campaign and not the multiplayer. Just wish more fps games did the same. Sick of mw and bf games which give you shitty short campaigns
Old 06-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #25
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

The game is huge is likely why; that demo probably barely scratched the surface of the game. Just look at all those skill trees for example.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #26
darren
... lol

Yeah but demo are supposed to bring people in not bore the arse off them no matter how big the game is. That's the whole point of the show, but instead they come away boring people no matter how good it might end up being. That's not what they wanted to do.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #27
Alucard

SHIT LIST! I'm actually still catching up with the E3 videos and news. Fucking phone line was broken through the entire event.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #28
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
Mass Effect is barely an RPG anymore; Mass Effect 2 is pretty much just an action game but with RPG elements flung in.
Yeah, only that it's an action game that blows the story of almost every RPG to date out of the water. If not for the story what is an RPG but a bunch of menus? The dialogue wheel was excellent too. The way it dynamically streamlined dialogue options into conversations and made it flow naturally without ever feeling removed from the discussion was phenomenal. I played a lot of RPG's but returning to them after having played ME2 is a pain. ME2's design is just so good and so much fun to play that almost every other story driven game pales in comparison. Maybe being new to the franchise I started playing the game with no expectations but it completely surprised me how good it really was. Really felt like an evolution of the genre that kept its best staples(story driven mechanics and characterization), heavily trimmed down on all the tedious time consuming micro managing nonsense, and added a really fun and polished shooter to it. Absolutely superb.

As for E3, there were few to no surprises or even anticipation level heightening trailers or gameplay this year. I think mostly also with the web E3 has lost many if not most of its relevance. Now publishers can just show footage or trailers online and they no longer need the press to promote their new game. Espescially since most gaming news pertaining E3 is already known way before the show. In the time of gaming magazines E3 was this really major event where games were announced you never even heard of before, it's still a big show now for sure(probably even more so) but it seems that because the web has taken over the place of gaming magazines that E3 has also become almost obsolete. Game publishers no longer really need gaming critics to take notice of their product, it helps ofcourse but it is no longer essential like in the old days. So I think for that fact alone E3 will never be again what it once was.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #29
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316 View Post
The price was expected tbh if they want to compete .. Hardware and software was always going to come in around the 3ds prices
Except the 3DS is overpriced.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #30
darren
... lol

True . So they were hardly going to make the vita much more were they.

Anyone thinking they would come in 50-100 more on the machines and 10 more on thevgame are simply dumb tbh