The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 06-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #271
foxhunt99

After 6 years, finally decided to do some HD. The real next gen has to wait for MS and Sony to start.
foxhunt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #272
progmetal
!

A few specs from Kotaku:

* High definition display, up to 1080p resolution via HDMI output
* 6.2" touchscreen on New Controller, running in non-HD resolution
* Internal flash-based media storage, upgradeable via USB and SD carts
* Games ship on proprietary iDensity discs of unspecified, but "large capacity"
* Games will also be available as downloadable content
* Console compatible with Wii games and devices
* Release date between April 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012; or after the end of Nintendo's fiscal year

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal
progmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #273
Quasar
:.greatest power.:

I think it's more than obvious that Nintendo has removed themselves from the traditional "generational loop" which I think is great and smart. Though they did that with the Wii.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #274
Naoko Suki
Steak!

I'm excited for all the Zelda crap Nintendo just shoved in my face, and I think its cool how its that HD for the TV. I've already seen a couple HD screens for Skyward Sword. They did an amazing job.

For the new Wii U System, I agree it's weird they didn't show it, it probably hasn't been completely designed for the exterior. I'm sure it's just a suped up Wii with the new broadcaster in it.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #275
Joe Redifer
Olé!

How can Skyward Sword have "HD screens" when the game isn't even in HD? Maybe the screens are a lie?
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #276
darren
... lol

It's probably hd on the dev system then down graded for wii ... But yeah skyward sword is not and will not be hd ... 480p is as good as it gets
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #277
Quasar
:.greatest power.:

I'm hoping that the Zelda HD video we saw will come true. Twilight Princess style in HD would be AWESOME!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #278
darren
... lol

They did say zelda for ALL systems so it might well be the real deal.

Found this floating around .. Any one know how it compares to 360 and ps3

Oh reggie is on g4 it is 100% a new system not an add on. It's 1080p . He said they only focused on the controller today like when they first showed the wiimote system stuff and 1st party games later this year.

Does that mean TGS?
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 06-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #279
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Holy shit that's nice specs. The 360 has 512 megs of ram, 3.2 gigaherts TRIcore processor, and older video card. They will do impressive graphics with that.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #280
Northeastmonk

Makes me feel like the controller is the major focus, and the actual console will be somewhere running the disc, etc. I was wondering how a micro processor would work like that. But it didnt help that I watched the entire press conference without sound. lol It was like the thing was an addon for the Wii, NOoo.. would not and could not happen.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #281
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
looks like they took out Gamecube support.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #282
Joe Redifer
Olé!

It's good that it has component out. That's what I'll be using should I decide to buy the system. I'll use HDMI for audio if it has any kind of special audio capabilities. Hopefully we won't be limited to shitty Pro Logic again. Hopefully at least lossy-ass Dolby Digital like the 360.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #283
darren
... lol

Reggie has said on g4 the network details will be released over the next few days ..

And there is this from the guardian news paper in the uk

From the bit in bold it suggests the bird flight demo was in game and the only real gfx footage

Quote:
Oh yes it can. Although there was trepidation mixed in with the excitement when we pitched up at Nintendo's still half-built booth at E3, on the day before the press conference at which it would launch Wii U, for an ultra-exclusive sneak preview of the new console.

Which was conducted in a gloriously cloak-and-dagger manner – a wristband had to be obtained, security insisted we hide our press badge, we were given a lengthy list of questions we couldn't ask, photography and audio-recording devices were strictly banned, and we had to wait outside a demo room sealed by a blast-door that would tax a professional safe cracker.

Upon entering the inner sanctum, Wii U itself, although apparently hooked up to a big screen, initially remained concealed – indeed, the console remained a shadowy presence throughout, partly hidden in a cupboard. What we could see of it resembled a slightly more rounded Wii, but in truth, it looked like a prototype not yet given the benefit of an industrial designer.

We were told that none of the games we would be playing were actual games, but rather tech-demos. And our first glimpse of anything running on the console was emphatically that: a lengthy fly-through in an immaculately constructed virtual Japanese garden, from the viewpoint of various birds, designed to show off Wii U's graphics-processing power.

Which was impressive if not jaw-dropping – on a par with the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, running in full HD, with depth of focus and convincingly modelled water and weather effects. We had established that Wii U will be able to run the sort of third-party titles that currently only make it onto the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, but before long, we began to yearn for some signs of Nintendo's fabled disruptive gameplay.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #284
Joe Redifer
Olé!

So basically Nintendo has finally caught up to where Sony and Microsoft were 5 or 6 years ago. Congrats, Nintendo! Try not to be too bleeding edge!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #285
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

So I guess we can expect 60fps games that run sloppily on 360 and PS3.

Edit: Also, I remember what the games first looked like on the 360(pretty shit and not much of an improvement over the first xbox) but as time went on. The graphics of games just kept on getting better.

Way too early to judge.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote