The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 01-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #46
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Once you throw Gears of Snore into the pile what do you have left on the xbox thats exclusive and worth owning? .
Deadly Premonition!

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #47
Nem
Smash bro!

Not to be a hater, but i tried the demo and i wasnt impressed at all.

The M rated presentation was interesting for a bit, but the movement, combat and graphics didnt please me.

Wich is good, since i already have plenty of RPG's on my backcatalog.

Last edited by Nem; 01-28-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #48
Einhander

Quote:
You can put the 3 main consoles plus the 2 handhelds in the same group, which makes it extremely unfair as they are all separate, and still pc would have more exclusives.
No. That is just silly.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #49
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
No. That is just silly.
Extremely factual and easily backed up.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #50
Einhander

Okay, back it up then.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #51
Alucard

So what do I get if I go out of my way to get all this info? Pat on the head for wasting my time doing what you could?
Old 01-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #52
darren
... lol

it would prove you have truely no life i guess
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #53
Alucard

I'll do it anyway since I HAVE NO LIFE SNIFF! I just realized though that my favourite site for doing this isnt being updated anymore and has sort of gotten broken. Real shame because it had a WEALTH of info...

http://adrianwerner.wordpress.com/2011-games/

Thats for 2011 showing majority of the games that came out and a few that got delayed. It USED to have a paragraph of info for each game and also a picture, and was also sorted into exclusive for pc and then at the end multiplatform games. Sadly now its just mostly title with a score and link to the review and all the games are mixed up. It has a list for freeware and indie games too.

The years previous though have nothing but a message saying he's moving everything to his new domain. I dont know if he's in the process of doing that or if its been dropped. But since he had 2011 listed I'm hoping 2012 is something he's working on on his new site which the link for doesnt work right now. I'll check back to it in a couple months.

Either way theres a few other links with lots of games but sadly not even half of the games coming. But good enough list. Just skip passed the games you know for sure are multiplatform till you see the ones that you probably dont recognize.

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-...games-of-2012/

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=138810

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...ames-for-2012/

This ones good since it at least has a label on the games that are PC only, all the others are multiplatform.

http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/...c-games---2012

So many games in the past though. I hope that guy gets his new page up. I was still going through them for older games that I missed a few years back. Console I'm mostly caught up on with the games. Pc, fucking never.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #54
Einhander

These are just lists of people salivating over PC games.

It doesn't actually prove there are more exclusives than consoles.

You failed!

Old 01-29-2012, 03:19 AM   #55
Alucard

Look at the titles you stooge. Most of the titles listed are games people are expecting will turn out good. If you look at my first link you'll see most of those games ended up getting 8 and over as a score, so they are in the good games list. Plenty of those you have never heard of. But I garuntee you majority of the games on consoles that got 8 and over you have heard of because theres less of them to know.

End of the day, theres a shitload of games right there you've never heard of. So no, I totally win.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:09 AM   #56
darren
... lol

Pains me to say but einhander is right a terrible piece of one sided reporting

/shakes fists at 2012/
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 01-29-2012, 05:10 AM   #57
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

hmmm... all those lovely adventure games.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #58
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316 View Post
Pains me to say but einhander is right a terrible piece of one sided reporting

/shakes fists at 2012/

How exactly? They're listing a shitload of games neither of you have every heard of. If I havent heard of them theres no chance you two have. The console games you know majority of them. They're on the stupid shelves at the store. I bet you'll be hard pressed to find 1 title in 50 that you dont know about on consoles. And then out of those 50 coming out the same year which ones you'd actually consider to be good, not games you yourself would play. I mean for example I think halo is shit, could give you a list as long as my arm why its shit, but I wont put that in the shit console pile since too many clowns find it good.

You look through the rpg, the rts, the adventure, the simulation section, and you'll be lying if you said you'd heard of 10% of them. Hence, exclusive.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:48 AM   #59
darren
... lol

Quote:
How exactly?
simple .. because all you did was list pc games .. not both hence you proved nothing. not saying your wrong, most of my most wanted this year are PC ex titles, and will likely never see the light of day on console .. (apart from Diablo3 [possibly the biggest pc game this year probably - coming to console] and torchlight 2) .. but he's right you proved nothing .. and just because its a big list does'nt means its a good list .. THQ have big lists of new games every year .. doesnt make it a good list.

quality over quantity myself tbh .. unless we are talking nintendo .. then i'd take a bit more quantity

lets be honest is you showed a list of the big ex titles on pc and console to the majority of gamers they would take the console list .. as thats what the majority of them would like .. simple fact nothing to do with advertising or what ever .. but rts, mmo, sims, point / click are not as popular as other genres .. no matter how good. /waits for thats coz they are all sheep kiddies blah blah blah/

Quote:
If I havent heard of them theres no chance you two have. .
yes i forgot when you don't know is worth knowing etc.. /rolls eyes/
Old 01-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #60
Alucard

I must be arguing something totally different to you. I was asked to list a bunch of games that arent on console. Right there are the lists. Last years list also has plenty of those games with scores since they just came out. You'll notice plenty of them are over 8/10, these same games that are pc exclusive. From my end I think I did what I said I'd do and show a list of exclusive games on pc that were worth playing.

I also used my halo example for the sheep gamers. Just because you dont like it doesnt make it a bad game. Plenty of people on console wouldnt touch torchlight 2. Does that mean you wont play it? They wont touch it because they dont have any interest in playing games that are out of their fps zone. If Torchlight was instead in a scifi environment with the main character as master chief, they'd sell. That cancels out the argument that only popular selling games are the ones we should be playing. If a game is good its good. Not wanting to try it out is a different argument altogether. Not knowing a title doesnt make it good. But not knowing a game like X for example doesnt make it not worth knowing just because you dont know of it. Plenty of games you dont know about that are good, thats my entire point of the lists above. Theres my list of exclusive good games. They used to be in exclusive/non exclusive sections, but for some reason the format of it broke up and now they're all together. I'm not going to spend the next 4 hours sorting them out. You'll know most of the fps games, other then that 90% of the rest of that list is pc exclusive.

These are titles people are interested in. Not every game released for pc by every developer.