The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 04-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #136
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
why? someone had to make the coding/make it to make it happen.

You can patent just about anything if it hasn't already being patent. The trick is to change it enough so it doesn't copy the existing patent.

Patents are almost the same thing as copyrights.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #137
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Patents are good and bad. They hold one company back while helping another. But if companies couldn't gain advantages by patenting new ideas (and thus owning them), there would be less incentive for them to innovate.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #138
Joe Redifer
Olé!

If you want cross game chat, just use your goddamn cell phone. You can even chat with people who are playing on a different console or even NOT PLAYING A GAME AT ALL! It's truly amazing. It's the best option if you simply can't game without keeping your trap shut.

As far as Nintendo having the best d-pad, nope. The one used for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive 6-button controller as well as the Sega Saturn d-pad are much, much better. Leagues better, in fact.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #139
darren
... lol

my fav was the neogeo cd dpad
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #140
progmetal
!

Oh shit. I just saw that there was Reserved almost $12500 on my Credit card that's stored on the PSN. And that I have ZERO left to use on it. I called and cosed my card at once. Guess I will find out on monday what this is.

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal
progmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #141
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I just phoned Mastercard myself, they didn't want to cancel the card and said not to worry and nobody so far has any problem with their statements and if there is any they are going to monitor it and if they do see it isn't me using it, they will cancel it right away and send me a new one and refund me for the entire month even if it's my own spending............. SWEET! SHOPPING SPREE!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #142
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

That's a sweet deal for sure.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #143
spider-prime

I'm thinking of sending my card to someone and say the stole it after one purchase! muHAHAHA!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #144
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Quote:
http://consumerist.com/2011/04/hacke...d-numbers.html

Hackers Say They Have Millions Of PlayStation Network Credit Card Numbers

Earlier this week, Sony warned users of its PlayStation Network that account info for millions of customers had been swiped by hackers. The company downplayed the risk that credit card numbers could be among that stolen info, saying that "while there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility." Now, it looks like it might be time to rule it in. Hackers are boasting that they have over two million credit-card numbers belonging to Sony customers.

Security researchers contacted by The New York Times said they'd seen the hacker gossip, but couldn't confirm that it was accurate:

"Kevin Stevens, senior threat researcher at the security firm Trend Micro, said he had seen talk of the database on several hacker forums, including indications that the Sony hackers were hoping to sell the credit card list for upwards of $100,000. Mr. Stevens said one forum member told him the hackers had even offered to sell the data back to Sony but did not receive a response from the company....
[Security consultant Matthew Solnick] said that people on the forums had details about the servers used by Sony, which may indicate that they had direct knowledge of the attack.

Mr. Solnik said researchers believe that the hackers gained access to Sony's database by hacking the PS3 console and from there infiltrating the company's servers."

Sony denied being offered a chance to buy back the database, and the FBI, which is helping the company investigate the incident, refused to commen
The water, it becomes muddy.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #145
spider-prime

"As a precaution, Sony recommends that you cancel your credit card accounts, change all of your passwords, ship your children off to boarding school, and enter the witness protection program in order to establish a complete new identity. We regret any inconvenience."
Old 04-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #146
Risky
Stop right there criminal scum!

Seriously, htf do I change my password if I can't get online...
Risky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #147
spider-prime

there will be a update when it's back up and it will force you to change your PSN info when the update is done. So pretty much, all accounts will be stopped until the PS3s that have been authorized to run the PSN account have been updated. So nobody can add your PSN to a new PS3 to steal your account.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #148
Risky
Stop right there criminal scum!

Eh, my five accounts are already used up. But the forced password change is good!
Risky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #149
Alucard

Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:56 PM   #150
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Phew! I use Discover!
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote