The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 01-21-2003, 11:03 PM   #1
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Miyamoto was not entirely convinced using cel-shading in Zelda

With the finished game in his hand, Miyamoto seemed proud of his Zelda team, but according to his colleagues, Miyamoto was not entirely convinced using cel-shading in Zelda during the development.

"It wasn't Miyamoto that brought up the idea, it was opposite, Eiji Aonuma says. Most of us thought it was a natural way to let it develope, but Miyamoto was afraid to abandon the more human style. He sits in Nintendo's committee, and has responsibility for a game's commercial success. And he was unsure how the most faithful fans would react to the change."

"I had a feeling that the zelda franchise would develope towards cel-shading already during the N64 era said Yoshiki Haruhana."

"During the work with Majoras mask, I made some rough sketches that reminds me of Wind Waker today."

"I showed my outlines for Takizawa, and he said: Next time, lets make a whole new game that looks like that!"

"I remember that I gathered all those sketches and asked Miyamoto what his opinion was, said Takizawa, and Miyamoto was not convinced about this style."

"But at the same time, I knew that Miyamoto wasn't 100% satisfied how the N64 zeldas looked, and he for sure wanted to change it."

"When Shigeru wants a change, he wants it radical. And after some time for consideration, he gave it a go. Let's make wind waker something new, said Aonuma."

"Whole developement team grewed up with manga and anime, so we are inspired. Haayao Miyazakis my neighbor totoro and Laputa
are my personal favories says Miyamoto. They are different, and those things inspire me."
Black Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 11:48 PM   #2
Sturat
Jaded since 1994.

...And the main characters and enemies in Takt of Wind look great!
(although some of the townspeople and backgrounds didn't exactly blow me away...)
Sturat is offline   Reply With Quote