The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #181
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

I'm about to rush through the first two games (lost my saves awhile ago....) so I'll see if I can spot a difference between the second and the third. The first and second show a significant graphical divide, especially in facial animation, textures, and direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Everyone seems to be building up in preparation to hate on ME3 and are anxious that it fails. It already is hated even though it didnt come out, and wether its an enjoyable game or not.
Is there a particular reason for Mass Effect 3 or is it just the general cynical view people take against sequels? I mean, the second was a critical and financial success. Could it be that the game itself is fine but Bioware's image isn't at it's peak anymore? After Dragon Age II, it seemed that Bioware lost a lot of it's fanbase. And I'm only going to just mention Origin and how it's been received, nothing else is needed. Regardless, I'd be shocked if the hater mentality significantly retards sales.

I guess we'll see. I think it's going to be a great game though. But my baseless guess is that the ending will be convoluted, illogical, and poorly received.

My other guess is that Alucard will buy the game, find all the gay sex scenes in it, and continue to be the foremost expert on gay sex in games amongst the forums.

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #182
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
Where is there biased hate? I'm going to be buying ME3, I enjoyed ME2 and 1, I don't hate the game at all. I'll be waiting for a price-drop, but I'll definitely be picking it up sometime and in no way do I think it'll be a bad game. Making fun of game's funny problems doesn't mean you hate it. But completely ignoring them and thinking they're perfect is just fanboyism.

But no, it's still modern, expensive technology being used. ME2 and ME3 are both running on the UE3 which is old, sure, but old doesn't mean bad. The Samaritan demo proved just how amazing UE3 can be; it's an engine which is as good as the developers using it and the budget behind the project. So again, they're still using modern, expensive technology to produce this game. The budget for this game is huuuuuuge, as is the team, they could have hired some decent animators.

The game you mentioned as having great animations, Batman: AC, runs on UE3 as well you do realise? Exactly the same technology as Mass Effect 3. And Rocksteady's team is less than 1/4 the size of Bioware's team, and they managed to have Batman running around like he wasn't mid-shit.
I dont really care if the team is big and the game expensive to develop.

I care if its an enjoyable game to play. The budget aspects of it arent my concern. I dont own Bioware stock afterall.

To be honest with you, i see this kind of comments all over the star wars the old republic forums. Hating on Bioware seems to be the cool thing to do these days, wether their games are fun or not. I find that pretty dumb. They still make awesome games, and thats all that matters, wether they spend millions to do it or not.

Even Dragon age 2, despite not beeing nearly as good as origins is hardly the end of the bioware world.

More focus on wether its a good game, less focus on nit-picking on minor details.
Not having med-gels is a serious design concern, or the way characters get personality changes on dragon age 2 is a serious concern. The way the characters run, is nit-picking. You can have the most incredible animations, but if the game isnt fun, it still fails.

I also want ME to become more RPG like the first, but i dont hate on it. Especially before i even played it.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #183
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem
I dont really care if the team is big and the game expensive to develop.
Neither do I. But you did say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem
proves you dont need all those expensive modern technologies to make one incredible game.
Was just letting you know that's not exactly the case, Bioware aren't some White Knights in the gaming world, they've got more resources than most other developers. No one here is hating on it, so direct your defending to people who actually are. The video is quite clearly a joke but the animations are still bad, we can talk about that without having to hate the game. I love Deus Ex: Human Revolution, one of my all-time favourite games now and best game of last year by a mile, but I still laughed at the retarded AI videos and jokes because they were quite retarded at times. Some of the dialogue was a bit stupid too. That doesn't mean I hate the entire game just because one bit of it is bad and I laugh about it.

Nothing wrong with just talking/laughing about a part of the game which isn't perfect. Bit of a fanboy thing to do to completely glaze over them and defend them to the death when they quite clearly are bad. No one is saying they make the game itself bad. So lighten up.

And yeah, people have been hating on Bioware recently, but everyone who does still buys their games so it's a bit stupid. I don't like Bioware and fuck what they did to Dragon Age, but I like Mass Effect. I don't let that bit of hatred effect my purchase, that'd be a daft thing to do. They make a good game, I buy the good game. Simple. Doesn't mean I have to love the developer.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #184
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
Is there a particular reason for Mass Effect 3 or is it just the general cynical view people take against sequels?
It's mostly the move from being a straight up RPG to a dude bro shooter with multiplayer over the three games. Just don't like the direction of the series.

Quote:
My other guess is that Alucard will buy the game, find all the gay sex scenes in it, and continue to be the foremost expert on gay sex in games amongst the forums.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #185
Alucard

Quote:

My knowledge makes you JEALOUS!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #186
darren
... lol

your slack ring makes me JEALOUS
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #187
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

I recently started replaying ME2 but got bored halfway through. The game is awesome and the story really drew me in but I guess it was still too fresh in my memory. The story and characters really drive the entire game.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #188
javi

YES!!! No one hasn't posted this yet, BUT MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friend Code: 1246-9222-7767
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #189
Alucard

If the clip has no man sex in it then its not official.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #190
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Well it doesn't really feel like an rpg anymore, the only rpg element really is the ability to branchg out your specific stats, which was desperately needed in Me2. All this rolling and constant ducking, I just wanted like you know Me1 stuff. I'm with einhander on this one guys. Still me3 will no doubt be good, that is just one issue i am having a problem with, that, and no medi-gel.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #191
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

I have never played any Mass Effect game for some reason. Mostly time constraints, I guess. I do find the art design extremely unappealing - Shepherd in particular always looks so bad in any screenshots I see. But I know, BioWare = awesome so I really should make the time to start on ME1 someday.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:49 AM   #192
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I played though the first one, I didn't really care for it, just found it boring. I had more fun playing Bioshock 2.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:01 AM   #193
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

I assure you it is far more fulfilling than part 2 imo, less action shootery. Still best series this gen imo.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:54 AM   #194
Alucard

I dont know which I found better of the two, but they were both fairly average for me. Definitely NOT the best series of this gen. Uncharted takes that crown.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:27 AM   #195
darren
... lol

i would agree if Drakes didnt keep getting more and more Gears of War shooting in it also.
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote