The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 08-22-2010, 01:57 AM   #16
Rubeus

PS Jailbreak clones and knockoffs coming very soon, lol

I also heard with a jailbroken PS3, you can get the OtherOS option back by unlocking it.

Quote:
By the makers own admission, the PSJailbreak has already been 'cloned'. Upon their website (which is now partially accessible), there is a message which states the following (been there since the start, although not many have been able to see)- "Beware of imitators and chinese knock-offs, PS Jailbreak is the original solution, Buy original for warranty and support". Upon analysis of the text, the clearly wouldn't let people know there are 'knock-offs' in existance if there weren't. Although, from their later plea to buy the 'original for warranty and support', this suggests that the knock-offs do actually work otherwise they would say they don't. This whole device has been a bit of a 'mystery' and perhaps it is all over mainland China right now. Check the image to the left inside to see the full 'warning'.

On a related note, another website has reported (a couple of days ago) that clones are set to brace the market as early as next week, here's what psx-scene stated "We've heard from numerous sources that their PS Jailbreak clones will be hitting as early as next week."

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.ph...t-and-warranty
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:11 AM   #17
Rubeus

Another video of PS Jailbreak in action, looks like you need to have a PS3 disc in the drive for the device to work.

Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #18
zer0c123

They will probably do alot of firmware upgrades to combat this, but I think the most extreme case is disabling the usb function. They already took out the otherOS option. I really want to know if they will do what MS did with the 360 and ban people. On the other hand, I don't think they can do that since no one is really modifying their system internally. I'm too lazy to read the terms of use or legal disclaimers for the ps3 to find out.

Yea the $130+ is way too much for a simple piece of hardware. I really like this statement that I read off from eurogamer. "It's quite astonishing to believe that the makers are asking for a colossal $130+ for such a tiny piece of tech, and it's almost certain to be reverse-engineered, ripped off and duplicated by the Chinese mass-suppliers within days of hitting the market. "
zer0c123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #19
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
They can't take away the USB ports, they would be killing themselves by doing that, most of Sony stuff uses it on the PS3.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #20
Alucard

Theres already talk that if the chinese guys break the code then you can just upload the program to a normal usb stick. I almost ordered one with a friend today but we're gonna wait and see.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #21
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
yah I would wait.

Cause Sony will just make that the newest games require the newest firmware updates like Wii games do.

Some games already do. So backup or not, they probably won't load without the system having that firmware. They already do this with PSN games, but I haven't seen any disc game without updates require a firmware.

Only when the game needed the update but then you can still load the game without it.

I might be wrong, maybe the firmware in the disc just doesn't load for me cause I always update right away.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:06 AM   #22
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Dammit Sony can't disabling USB Port ! I've just bought Playstation Eye !
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy IX [PS1] - /random shit [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:41 AM   #23
calintz
thank you based god

Quote:
While we are all up and excited about PSJailbreak (PSjb), there might be a risk on playing with PSjb on PSN. According to SKFU and RichDevX, the Backup manager game ID (LAUN-12345) could be logged/recorded by Sony when logged into PSN (when online). This would obviously allow Sony to see who would be using the illegal PSjb/clone and we could very well see ban waves similar to the Xbox 360. Sony does currently ban PSN/consoles that results in the 8002A227 error code.

As people start getting their PSjb in the next few week, we highly advise that you do not log into PSN while using the backup manager, which means no playing online.
Stay tuned for the latest development on PS Jailbreak.
http://www.ps3hax.net/2010/08/psjail...nnable-on-psn/
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:45 AM   #24
Alucard

Using it for games you dont plan to play online with, sounds like what I would of done in the first place.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #25
spider-prime

that's a well duh.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #26
progmetal
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badrats Studio View Post
Dammit Sony can't disabling USB Port ! I've just bought Playstation Eye !
Not happening because i'm going to order me an Eye for the headtracking in GT5. Buying the move bundle with the eye i think.

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal
progmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #27
spider-prime

What I'm going to love in the future is when these hacked consoles get banned and then everyone will bitch going SONY WTF I DID NOTHING WRONG and then sony shows the proof and they shut up about it.

Same thing happened when Valve made VAC over steam, everyone got banned and everyone was like WTF I'M NOT HACKING! lololol.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #28
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

Well probably with VAC is that a good 25% of the people banned WEREN'T hacking. But they all got their accounts back.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #29
spider-prime

There were only a few handful of accounts that got banned without using hacks, but some 3rd party thing was running though steam. They did get their accounts back cause valve was able to see from their logs that they were telling the truth.

I love seeing all the new accounts and they do awesome, I saw a guy with a brand new account, only a month old and he was going 86-10 so I checked the guy's name by searching for it and lo and behold he was using the same name and he had over 6 accounts, 5 were banned, he even had a low steamid in his first account.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #30
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmetal View Post
Not happening because i'm going to order me an Eye for the headtracking in GT5. Buying the move bundle with the eye i think.
I'm not planning to buy Move ; well at least not yet. Can I still using Eye for GT5 headtracking ?
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy IX [PS1] - /random shit [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote