The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
bujeezus
Registered User
 
bujeezus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: deep south
Posts: 867
M$ can kiss my ass...

so had some unauthorized xbox live purchases show up on my debit card this morning. immediately call customer support and instead of being the victim here, i get treated like the fuckin criminal that hacked my live account. they told me to call my bank! they're gonna take 3-8 weeks to investigate the fraudelent charges when they could already see the fucking points were going else where besides my console. i was livid and still am. was just about to drop some $$$ for a slim for my girl but now she can wait til i save up some more to buy a ps3. i won't be supporting M$ any longer and i sure as fuck ain't signing back up for live after they eventually figure out it wasn't me. if i coulda reached thru the phone, i woulda punched that "supervisor" in the fuckin face.
bujeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!
 
spider-prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Posts: 22,284
Join the darkside!.... actually... or is it the dusk side.

I would just go buy a used PS3, my friend got one used for 150 dollars from gamestop for a 40gb one with PS2 B/C and it works just fine so he upgraded the HDD to it to a 500 gb. Sure you don't get the original box and most of the stuff from inside, but half the time who even keeps all that stuff.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!
 
Einhander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Mysterious Far East
Posts: 6,866
I do!

And that sucks bujeezus.

Another reason to never buy digital
__________________
Paper exe - PS3 is a great console with many good games and good features.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
eastx
The Fighting Bomber
 
eastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lake Jackson, TX USA
Posts: 4,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by bujeezus View Post
so had some unauthorized xbox live purchases show up on my debit card this morning. immediately call customer support and instead of being the victim here, i get treated like the fuckin criminal that hacked my live account. they told me to call my bank! they're gonna take 3-8 weeks to investigate the fraudelent charges when they could already see the fucking points were going else where besides my console. i was livid and still am. was just about to drop some $$$ for a slim for my girl but now she can wait til i save up some more to buy a ps3. i won't be supporting M$ any longer and i sure as fuck ain't signing back up for live after they eventually figure out it wasn't me. if i coulda reached thru the phone, i woulda punched that "supervisor" in the fuckin face.
How dare they investigate the problem? They should travel back in time and kill the criminal, not this investigative nonsense.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #5
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!
 
Einhander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Mysterious Far East
Posts: 6,866
It shouldn't take 3-8 weeks
__________________
Paper exe - PS3 is a great console with many good games and good features.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
Shipper/Reciever
Yes, I realize I spelled"Receiver" wrong
 
Shipper/Reciever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Detroitish
Posts: 216
You might wanna check this out, seems alot of this going on-

http://nukezilla.com/2011/08/15/xbox...your-password/
Shipper/Reciever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #7
Alucard
Registered User
 
Alucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 32,622
Just buy a modified xbox, or get a second hand one and modify it, and then download all your games. You screw MS so much more this way.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:14 AM   #8
darren
... lol
 
darren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ippy O Switch, UK
Posts: 11,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
How dare they investigate the problem? They should travel back in time and kill the criminal, not this investigative nonsense.
this ^^^

sux that it hadden .. but people cant really blame MS for wanting to make sure its a jegit call (even tho they will).. i mean just because someone phones up and says they didnt buy it doesn't actually make it so ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
It shouldn't take 3-8 weeks
why not? what do you know about what they need to do?

ohh because you say so....
__________________
Currently playing : Mass Effect 3
Playing next : Tales of the Abyss
Waiting on : Diablo 3
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #9
Nem
Smash bro!
 
Nem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: EU
Posts: 9,103
Well, they never saw a cent from me for their "gold" service. I'm of the opinion that console online play should be free given how early the servers get abondoned and shutdown.
__________________
"Only those with narrow minds fail to see that the definition of Impossible is "Lack of imagination and incentive"" - DUNE:BJ
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:13 AM   #10
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!
 
Einhander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Mysterious Far East
Posts: 6,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316 View Post
this ^^^

sux that it hadden .. but people cant really blame MS for wanting to make sure its a jegit call (even tho they will).. i mean just because someone phones up and says they didnt buy it doesn't actually make it so ..



why not? what do you know about what they need to do?

ohh because you say so....
Please explain why it would take that long, Mr. Expert.
__________________
Paper exe - PS3 is a great console with many good games and good features.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:35 AM   #11
darren
... lol
 
darren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ippy O Switch, UK
Posts: 11,808
please explain why it wouldnt tbh .. if i phone my CC company regarding a fake tranaction it can take 3-5 weeks for them to sort it out .. why would this be any different?

if i spend a shit load on psn or xbl now and then phone up and say i didnt spend it ... they are not goign to say ok here have all your money back then are they ...
__________________
Currently playing : Mass Effect 3
Playing next : Tales of the Abyss
Waiting on : Diablo 3
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:17 AM   #12
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!
 
spider-prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Posts: 22,284
They usually know right away if it is you or not.

I have had a lot of fraudulent things happen to me in my life, most of the time they do something about it instantly cause they can tell. eBay did when my account got hacked into and had people selling boats and cars on my account.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:49 AM   #13
Alucard
Registered User
 
Alucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 32,622
Its not really about knowing if its yours or not. Its convincing their insurance company to give them the money to pay you back with.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:09 AM   #14
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!
 
spider-prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Posts: 22,284
your best bet to get the money back is to phone your bank and tell them that this happened. Since all bank accounts have insurance in cases of fraud.... I hope yours does at least.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:04 AM   #15
eastx
The Fighting Bomber
 
eastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lake Jackson, TX USA
Posts: 4,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Well, they never saw a cent from me for their "gold" service. I'm of the opinion that console online play should be free given how early the servers get abondoned and shutdown.
Except that they practically never get shut down except for EA games? That's right, I called you out. All the way out.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.