The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #166
calintz
thank you based god

Justin Wong:
Quote:
If you want to win in MVC3, just learn how to play sentinel in 1 minute and your skills will improve dramatically... Time to go back to MVC2
http://twitter.com/#!/JWonggg/status/36490128830496768
Quote:
Mvc3 has to be the easiest and cheapest fighting game that was ever made....
http://twitter.com/#!/JWonggg/status/36366851441164288
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #167
Alucard

It was always going to be cheap. This is why I will never play it online and just with friends. Because then if people start exploiting predictable cheap tactics they're within arm reach of me.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:48 PM   #168
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Scrub.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:32 AM   #169
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Who is Justin Wong and why should I care what he thinks?

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:55 AM   #170
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

One of the best. So far he is right, I just don't like his attitude. X-factor sentinel is grimy at intermediate level of play. We'll see shit just came out.

Zechin
Old 02-13-2011, 02:41 AM   #171
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
the marvel fighting games were always cheap IMO. It was never made for the advance fighting players. Most of the supers can always make you win out of nowhere. You just have to time them at the right spot and you win without even learning combos. I pissed off a lot of "pro" players by tricking them into doing combos and just kept doing Spider-man's Maximum Spider most of the time in Marvel Super Heroes at the arcades. My little brother HATES Captain Commando is MVC1 he says he is the cheapest character in the series He's ever seen!

I one time went on a 100 win streak at the arcades with only one quarter. I only stopped and let them win cause I had to leave for school cause it was lunch time. I had to skip 3rd period cause I lost track of time.

I only learned combos when Marvel vs Capcom 1 came out in the arcades and then really into the game when I got it on the Dreamcast.

But then MvC2 had to come out and wreck all my combo ways! with their stupid double tap to get to med blows! GAH. But I got used to it, but the game never felt as good compared to the others.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:01 AM   #172
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
the marvel fighting games were always cheap IMO. It was never made for the advance fighting players.
This

They are always in the class of fan-service game. That kind of game usually not for a technical fighters.
Currently Playing : Eternal Sonata [PS3] - God Of War Ascension [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #173
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiuju2k View Post
We'll see shit just came out.
This. Still real early to claim everything is horrible, especially based off one persons opinion that isn't you. I don't know about you guys but the damn thing isn't even on sale where I am yet, so I'm weary to jump to conclusions prior to launch.
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #174
Nem
Smash bro!

I dont know who this justin wong is but if he said that hes a bit daft. Since when is MvC2 a balanced game? I remember Cable beeing pretty OP for example.

MvC is not meant to be a pro's game. Its an average gamer game and its focus is to be fun. Thats what the last 2 were at any rate.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #175
Dj Jimmi Zero

I played it on PS3 and 360, Sentinel is top tier, the 360 port has screen tearing during cut ins, the PS3 port has slowdown during win poses, cut ins, at the start of the round and when a lot of stuff is going on screen.

Ganguro Gals fo Life!
Dj Jimmi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #176
calintz
thank you based god

justin wong is one of the "best" fighting game players in the world - guess he was made famous from the loss from daigo in evo 04

i'd assume it would have some form of balance, given mvc2 was played at evo tournaments, and mvc3 will be too...

meh, not that i agree with juston wong, i just posted it thinking gamers here knew him
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:48 PM   #177
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I think he keeps losing at it so he's mad!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #178
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

^ that.

Competition won't be how it was 5 years ago. A lot of people will be playing just like Super 4 and AE when that comes to console.

Besides it's honestly Xfactor sentinel that is beastly. Regular sentinel is good, but got exposed just like Arthur has.

When 2 came out people complained about Sentinel and spiral then, and what happened after that? Strider Doom.... so on and so forth.

Zechin
Old 02-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #179
Vegetto
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintz View Post
justin wong is one of the "best" fighting game players in the world - guess he was made famous from the loss from daigo in evo 04
haha i've watched that so many times, such an epic moment.
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #180
spider-prime

Got the game, pretty good so far, but where the fuck are all those cinematics that they made. From the way Capcom was showing the game off was there was a real story to it and not those stupid 2 sentences 2 pics endings! I got all excited for that. and that leaked Opening that they took down.... NOT EVEN THERE!

Online is pretty good, they have lobbies which make it easy to find games instead of just quick match and they're tournament style lobbies, winner keeps going on, the longest streak I had was 4 and then I had to play some laggy freak from the UK that seemed not to notice any lag and then he had to be cocky about it!

When there isn't lag, teh game plays perfectly if you play someone from your region, but overseas players will probably kill you a lot, unless your internet connection is way faster than theirs. Which I figured mine sucked compared to the UK guy's internet. I only have 5mbps

oh god... I was just reading there are tons of stuff on the disc and it's probably all DLC.... EVEN STORY MODE! New rumor is that Dr. Octopus is DLC also.

Last edited by spider-prime; 02-16-2011 at 09:47 AM.