The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 05-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #691
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I don't like Mark as Hulk. He's a great actor don't get me wrong, but he's not Bruce Banner, I just didn't see him as Banner like I did with Edward Norton and the rest of the cast really fit into their character well, particularly Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. The casting for everyone is really good. Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow is a bit iffy for me but they could have got a lot worse than her.

I'm off to see it sometime next week, heard awesome things about it and can't wait to see it. I'm trying to get to the cinema sometime when it won't be filled with schoolchildren and other annoyances. If my Avengers viewing gets ruined I will punch them all in the head.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #692
Alucard

Go during lunchtime, thats what I did. Kids are still in school, people are still working, will be fairly empty. And definitely watch the normal version as most of the people will be flocking to the 3D screening. And this film doesnt need to be seen in 3D. Very few films take advantage of 3D and this isnt one of them.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #693
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Good idea; went to see The Woman in Black after the children were released from school and it was just annoying to watch, I wanted to stand up and just tell everyone to shut up! It's why I've started clocking off later from work too to avoid the influx of them on the journey home.

And yeah, had no real intention of going to see the 3D version, glad to see that's the sensible choice. I wear glasses anyway so I need to wear them at the cinema, and so I have to rock double glasses if I want to see the 3D and, you know, retain my sense of vision. Just hurts the ears. But damn I look cool man. Double glasses. So cool.

I want moar Iron Man.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #694
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

yeah whatever you do don't watch it in 3d. They didn't film in 3d, so why bother, same goes for IMAX, waste of money. Now the dark knight rises I will def watch in IMAX seeing as supposedly over an hour of the movie was filmed in IMAX or something. DS can you confirm that or can anybody?

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #695
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Go during lunchtime, thats what I did. Kids are still in school, people are still working, will be fairly empty. And definitely watch the normal version as most of the people will be flocking to the 3D screening. And this film doesnt need to be seen in 3D. Very few films take advantage of 3D and this isnt one of them.
You went to the theatre? That is great, dude. I assumed you watched a handicam version or something due to your aversion to public spaces. ;)
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #696
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Watched avengers. Not too bad. It really did need about half hour cut out though. Thor was heaps better.
uhh I'm gonna call you out on this one man. Even the characters in Thor were better in the Avengers. As Avengers was the most action packed of all the marvel movies they have made and had very little downtime throughout the film. Cutting 30mins from the movie would be like saying "I don't want to see [X character] be a badass" because if you add up all the parts without action or that don't move the plot forward in some way I'd wager you have less than 15mins of footage.

Its also really hard to buy that Thor was better considering they had the same villain and to any Marvel fan who has seen both its pretty damn obvious Loki is done way more justice to his comic counterpart in Avengers over Thor. That's about all I can say without using a bunch of spoilers.
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #697
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CongoJack View Post
That's about all I can say without using a bunch of spoilers.
But could you say more using hand puppets? I wish to see puppets.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #698
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Fucking love hand puppets.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #699
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
You went to the theatre? That is great, dude. I assumed you watched a handicam version or something due to your aversion to public spaces. ;)

I avoid handicams and watch everything on bluray. Friend hassled me to hell to watch it and I caved. Went on the cheap discount tuesday too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CongoJack View Post
uhh I'm gonna call you out on this one man. Even the characters in Thor were better in the Avengers. As Avengers was the most action packed of all the marvel movies they have made and had very little downtime throughout the film. Cutting 30mins from the movie would be like saying "I don't want to see [X character] be a badass" because if you add up all the parts without action or that don't move the plot forward in some way I'd wager you have less than 15mins of footage.

Its also really hard to buy that Thor was better considering they had the same villain and to any Marvel fan who has seen both its pretty damn obvious Loki is done way more justice to his comic counterpart in Avengers over Thor. That's about all I can say without using a bunch of spoilers.

Thor and Loki were done well. But saying they werent done well in Thor film isnt correct. I preferred Loki in the first film since it was all character driven and written exactly how he should be. This one was slightly different, but still good. And I dont consider a film better because it had more action. But I loved that whenever Thor did something in his film, it was always massive.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #700
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Didn't Thor sacrifice his ability to travel to Earth and to be with Natalie Portman at the end of Thor in order to stop Loki? Is this addressed in The Avengers?

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
Transistor, The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #701
Alucard

Yeah they mention it briefly on how he gets back. Very briefly. Its not like they were going to be cut off forever. You know...GODS and all that.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #702
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Don't you mean... Aliens
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #703
Alucard

SHUT YOUR FACE! YOUR STUPID FAT ROUND PURPLE FACE!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #704
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

Well I never said they were done bad in Thor, I thoroughly enjoyed that film. I just feel, and I'm sure most will agree once they see the film, that Loki in particular was just much better in Avengers. Overall I think he was just straight written better in the new film. Whereas you got his backstory and motivation in Thor, you got to see him as the marvel villain he has been for years in Avengers. Now more people need to see it, so we don't get stuck arguing in a loop.
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #705
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I'll report back.