The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

View Poll Results: Did you ever have to send in (or replace) your XBox 360 due to a RROD?
Yes 26 66.67%
No 13 33.33%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #61
Havoc2049
64-bit Interactive Multimedia System

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantXP View Post
I got my 360 in Spring 06. The first one went after about 1 year. I got a refurbed machine. Then that one went about a year later. That one lasted me 2 years but then it started playing up so traded it for an elite. So 2 replaces here... I'm happy with the service MS have given but the console should have worked. I have had an N64, DC, Mega Drive, PS, PS2 and nothing has ever given up before. Hilariously my original Xbox died too!

It makes you think though. I personally would never buy a 2nd hand Xbox. Friends of mine have had their Xbox RROD and never bothered with fixing it. The amount of 2nd hand 360's sitting on store shelves and the amount out there that are dead I would say that there are more PS3's being used than 360's by a long way.
If you go by third party software sales, the X360 has a larger active user base than the PS3.
Havoc2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #62
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
in the US it does, but everywhere else it's pretty much even.

But I would compare the PS3 to the Gamecube, even tho it's a great system, but people bought their multiplatform games on the more popular system, which is like the PS2 is to the 360.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #63
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

I finally had a 360 RROD on me. 23 dollars and a few hours later and I repaired it. Working great now. It's a good bit quieter since I cleaned it up in the processes, and it actually seems more responsive. I guess it was getting hot enough to slow down the CPU/GPU. The plastic casing on top of the metal casing makes it hard for you to clean it out with just compressed air. Despite cleaning regularly, I still had a lot of dust build up that caused it to overheat and RROD.

Clean it out, make some minor modifications to how the heatsink is attached and bam, works like a charm. Damn thing works better than it has in nearly a year. Crazy.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #64
NES4EVER
Gibby

Well after the RRoD on my Halo 3 Edition back in January and getting back a new, but still old mobo unit as a replacement, I'm having issues again.

My Laser is apparently failing in the new 360 after only 6 months and very little use. About 1 out of 10 games are picking up and the rest just say "Open Tray".

I'm so angry with MS right now. Had planned on starting Mass Effect 2 this week but of course, it's one of the games that won't read..and its BRAND NEW!

I was wanting to retire this Special Edition once my Slim arrives next month but now it will be retired half-ass working instead of pristine and having any value.
PSN ID - GIBBYVA
NES4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #65
Northeastmonk

I had a launch console and played it up until the release of Chronicles of Riddik, thankfully I played all the big ones so I wasn't looking at a huge loss. I haven't even bothered buying a new one yet. I've owned 3 of them, all repaired by MS. They wanted to charge me $100 for another 1 year warranty.

For an extra hundred I could get a new console and 3 years. I might pick one up just for Gears 3, but outside of that I could easily wait for their next console.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #66
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

NO! NO!

I'VE HAD YOU SINCE RELEASE, I ORDER HALO REACH AND YOU BREAK NOW! WHY GOD!? WHY!!?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #67
George Foreman

I've had a 360 red ring on me five times. The worst one was the second to last one which red ringed right out of the repair box. I sold the next one as soon as I got it from Microsoft.

Just bought me a Slim 360 so I'm hoping my luck is a little better with this one.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:52 AM   #68
FistoftheWind

I had a launch day 360 that never red ringed on me. I guess I just got insanely lucky. The system did get terribly noisy though, more so than usual for the standard 360's. Eventually I traded it in and got an elite. I've had it about 6 months now with no problems.

I'm told that the RROD issue is eliminated in regards to the elites and new slim system. Here's hoping what they say is right.
FistoftheWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #69
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
This news SHOULD seal all the possibilities of RROD in Xbox 360. Right ?

http://kotaku.com/5620126/meet-the-x...-new-processor

.... Right ?
Currently Playing : Eternal Sonata [PS3] - God Of War Ascension [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #70
Havoc2049
64-bit Interactive Multimedia System

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistoftheWind View Post
I had a launch day 360 that never red ringed on me. I guess I just got insanely lucky. The system did get terribly noisy though, more so than usual for the standard 360's. Eventually I traded it in and got an elite. I've had it about 6 months now with no problems.

I'm told that the RROD issue is eliminated in regards to the elites and new slim system. Here's hoping what they say is right.
My Elite RROD after I had it about six months.
Havoc2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:48 AM   #71
GrantXP

If I still had a launch day one i would be trading it in now. The new 4gb arcade is only 130 in Tesco this weekend. I know the PS3 has the edge on raw power but for 200 in this country you can get the Arcade with Halo 3, Forza 3, Gears 1&2, Call Of Duty 4, GTA4, Batman AA and Bioshock. If you haven't gone for an HD console yet now is surely the time.nless you hate all those games.
Grant's latest reviews - Click Here Latest Review: Bioshock (Xbox 360)
GrantXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #72
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

My 360 finally died for good. Repair worked great to give it a little extra life after warranty and all. Can't say I'm disappointed with that aspect, just that the damn thing broke to begin with. Oh well, I'm not in any rush to pick up a new one since I'm busy playing Fallout: New Vegas on PC along with an MMO Beta I got into. I suppose I'll get around to picking up one of the fancy new models soon enough, see how well that one holds out.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #73
Paper exe
Pwnd

in other word all of you who had voted for "no" ended up with your Xbox breaking!

Look guys this is a fact. 360 is the worst system ever made anyone who buy games for it instead for any other system is an idiot. There I passed my judgment.

Last edited by Paper exe; 11-05-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #74
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

I voted "yes" because I was on my second 360. I love the games and the support that MS is getting. And I'm always amused with how much the system can push when people made such a huge deal of the PS3 being leaps and bounds beyond 360. Truth is, most games look and run better on 360. But yes, the original 360 hardware is pretty poorly designed.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #75
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper exe View Post
in other word all of you who had voted for "no" ended up with thier Xbox breaking!

Look guys this is a fact. 360 is the worst system ever made anyone who buy games for it instead on any other system is an idiot. There I passed my judgment.
paper for president.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote