The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 01-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
calintz
thank you based god

World's first sex robot Roxxxy unveiled

Quote:
Roxxxy the sex robot had a coming-out party Saturday in Sin City.

In what is billed as a world first, a life-size robotic girlfriend complete with artificial intelligence and flesh-like synthetic skin was introduced to adoring fans at the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo in Las Vegas.

"She can't vacuum, she can't cook but she can do almost anything else if you know what I mean," TrueCompanion's Douglas Hines said while introducing AFP to Roxxxy.

"She's a companion. She has a personality. She hears you. She listens to you. She speaks. She feels your touch. She goes to sleep. We are trying to replicate a personality of a person."

Roxxxy stands 170cm tall, weighs 54.43kg, "has a full C cup and is ready for action," according to Hines, who was an artificial intelligence engineer at Bell Labs before starting TrueCompanion.

The anatomically-correct robot has an articulated skeleton that can move like a person but can't walk or independently move its limbs.

Robotic movement is built into "the three inputs" and a mechanical heart that powers a liquid cooling system.

Roxxxy comes with five personalities. Wild Wendy is outgoing and adventurous, while Frigid Farrah is reserved and shy.

There is a young naive personality along with a Mature Martha that Hines described as having a "matriarchal kind of caring". S & M Susan is geared for more adventurous types.

Aspiring partners can customise Roxxxy features, including race, hair colour and breast size. A male sex robot named Rocky is in development.

People ordering the robots online at www.truecompanion.com detail their tastes and interests much like online dating sites but here, the information is used to get the mechanical girlfriend in sync with her mate.

"She knows exactly what you like," Hines said of Roxxxy, noting that Rocky will also come with personalities.

"If you like Porsches, she likes Porsches. If you like soccer, she likes soccer."

Roxxxy will chat with her flesh-and-blood mate, and touching her elicits comments varying according to personalities.

She is wirelessly linked to the internet for software updates, technical support and to send her man email messages.

People can customise "true companion" personalities and then share the programs with others online on the company's website, according to Hines.

"Just think about wife or girlfriend swapping without actually giving the person to someone else," Hines said. "You can share the personality online."

Inspiration for the sex robot sprang from the September 11, 2001 attacks, when planes crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City, the Pentagon and an empty field in Pennsylvania.

"I had a friend who passed away in 9/11," Hines said. "I promised myself I would create a program to store his personality, and that became the foundation for Roxxxy True Companion."

Hines sees his creation as not only a recreational innovation but as an outlet for the shy, people with sexual dysfunction, and those who want to experiment without risk.

Roxxxy versions are priced from $US7,000 ($A7,634) to $US9,000 ($A9,815), depending on features. The sex robot is available in Europe and the United States and will eventually be available globally, according to Hines.

more pics: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/glance/99...robot-unveiled

i'm surprised the japanese got beaten in releasing something like this

sure they have life-like robots, but one who's AI is based around sex, and is anatomically correct for sexual activity... it's something i thought the japanese would release first

i wonder how this "rocky" would look like...
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
Alucard

That things horrible. How come japanese know how to make sex dolls that arent frightening yet the americans still cant do it?

Damnit, my hand is more of a turn on then that.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #3
Shorty0061
Shorty the Butt.

that things looks like lady gaga with downs
Old 01-11-2010, 12:48 AM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I will take 3.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:35 AM   #5
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post

Especially when u draw the eyes and lips on it JUST right

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:18 AM   #6
Alucard

Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:46 AM   #7
darren
... lol

that doll looks like Chrisse Hide from The Pretenders

XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:45 AM   #8
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
I agree.

Its nice to see technology advancing. I want Wild Wendy!
KingOfSentinels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:40 AM   #9
Paper exe
Pwnd

I don't think something like that would be out on the market. Owning one completely shatters a man dignity and self respect.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:52 AM   #10
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

It's true. Anyone who would want to own a member of the Pretenders, for any reason, has no self respect.

(Just kidding. I don't hate The Pretenders, but I wanted to say that.)
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #11
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
That things horrible.
It's only the face that makes it hideous. A paper bag would fix that up in a jiffy.

Having sex with a robot would scare me too much. I can't help but fear some mechanical failure could occur and either the robot snaps your neck or some gear grinds up your polish sausage.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #12
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Who said we haven't created sentience in machines yet? That robot looks pretty terrorfied after she just saw the dude who's going to plow her several times over, then sit back and eat cheetos while crying over a life full of regret.

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
Transistor, The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
darren
... lol

you just described Alucards plans for this friday
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #14
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

The man or the robot?

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
Transistor, The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #15
shaselai
RPG Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
I will take 3.
since you ordered - care to share the price? I dont want to give my personal info